Windows 10: Billing for Microsoft Gaming / Unauthorized Charge / Fraud / Crimeware Initiated / Refund...

Discus and support Billing for Microsoft Gaming / Unauthorized Charge / Fraud / Crimeware Initiated / Refund... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The video game, Tank Force made by Extreme Developers of Russia and Cyprus has a crimeware virus in it that pops up 7 days after playing the game. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cosmosrealm, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Billing for Microsoft Gaming / Unauthorized Charge / Fraud / Crimeware Initiated / Refund...

The video game, Tank Force made by Extreme Developers of Russia and Cyprus has a crimeware virus in it that pops up 7 days after playing the game. In the menu, the player can purchase 11,760,000 Silver for $99.99. Then day by day the deals keep getting better, but anyone who starts out a game would not check on the highest prices first. I didn't check on that or pay attention to the deals yet.

Then after a week, the daily offer showed 11,760,000 Silver for "0USD". No dollar signs, unusual. I clicked it and got a free tank mega-upgrade and thought, woah, nice 7 day bonus. I bought all kinds of tanks and even noticed that it credited me 35,000 Gold. I bought armor, ammo and upgrades.

My bank statement showed a charge of $99.99 on 10/31/18 from Microsoft Orders. After that, I downloaded Tank Force from SteamPowered.com to see if it was a real 7 day bonus "Silver Kit" credit or just a hack going through Microsoft Billing. Sure enough, the game did not show one after 7 days. I did not register any bank cards with SteamPowered.

My computer crashed while trying to uninstall the SteamPowered gaming app and I reset my computer after that.

Regardlessly, I have a record of being billed by Tank Force. I had to create a new profile in the game. I contacted customer support and was told it was "impossible" that could have happened and was ignored for months. Microsoft said they could not refund the charge. Well, that is not fair at all. I had to request a refund by 14 days. I don't know if it was the 90 day issue option. That didn't work either. I was not able to explain in 150 characters the accurate explaination of what happened for them to pay attention to what I wrote and understand. Microsoft Billing has been irrelevant and incompetant and rude on the phone and keeps hanging up after sending me through multiple supervisors. Eventually, the final "case closure answer" from Microsoft by email was not that "I did not meet the refund timeline", but that it was "not a refundable item."

I will file a claim against Microsoft and Extreme Developers if I am not refunded.

:)

Cosmosrealm, Feb 26, 2019
  2. Karen Her Win User

Refund for purchasing The Sims 4.

Thank you for the information. We suggest that you log in to your Microsoft account, and check if the charge was applied. Follow the steps below to check it:

• Go to account.microsoft.com.
    • Click the Payment & billing tab.
    • Select Order History.

If the charge shows on your Order History, please contact Microsoft Store Support. Refer to this
    link.

If the charge is not showing, you may need to contact the developer of the game to process the refund.

Get back to us if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Karen Her, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Refund for unauthorized purchase - Developer does not refund but recommends to dispute the charge

I realized I was charged without my authorization by an in-app purchase. I contacted the developer, finally today they replied me but they just recommended to dispute the charge with the bank. I do not understand very well why they don't just refund me
    and prefer the bank contact them. Any idea? By the way, given what they said, my next step is to call my bank and dispute this charge. Any suggestion is very welcomed!

Thanks

ZackariasLord, Feb 26, 2019
  4. mark330 Win User

Billing for Microsoft Gaming / Unauthorized Charge / Fraud / Crimeware Initiated / Refund...

REFUNDS

II NEED A PHONE NUMBER FOR MSN DOWNLOAD GAMES TO ASK ABOUT A REFUND FOR UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES TO MY CREDIT CARD. CANT FIND ONE ANYWHERE.

mark330, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Billing for Microsoft Gaming / Unauthorized Charge / Fraud / Crimeware Initiated / Refund...

1. Billing for Microsoft Gaming / Unauthorized Charge / Fraud / Crimeware Initiated / Refund... - Similar Threads - Billing Microsoft Gaming

2. Fraud charges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fraud charges: My account has fraud charges for some ebox robucs from a strange email that is not mine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fraud-charges/7e72b817-1e1e-408a-a060-c660b3330216
  3. Fraud charges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fraud charges: My account has fraud charges for some ebox robucs from a strange email that is not mine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fraud-charges/7e72b817-1e1e-408a-a060-c660b3330216
  4. Fraud charges

Fraud charges: Hello, I have been getting charged for something called microsoft*ultim_v for the last 4 months and it's not something I'm paying for and I can confirm that it's not attached to any accounts that I use.I would really appreciate your help on figuring out what UT is and if I...
  5. Unauthorized charge re: Microsoft Windows 10 / Seeking a refund for the unauthorized charge.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unauthorized charge re: Microsoft Windows 10 / Seeking a refund for the unauthorized charge.: 8/31/23 Help! I need to cancel an unauthorized charge from Microsoft Windows 10 via a local computer store @ Hilo, HI. The amount in question: $73.14; Technician Randall who installed the program is no longer employed at this local computer store. This local computer store is...
  6. Unauthorized charge re: Microsoft Windows 10 / Seeking a refund for the unauthorized charge.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unauthorized charge re: Microsoft Windows 10 / Seeking a refund for the unauthorized charge.: 8/31/23 Help! I need to cancel an unauthorized charge from Microsoft Windows 10 via a local computer store @ Hilo, HI. The amount in question: $73.14; Technician Randall who installed the program is no longer employed at this local computer store. This local computer store is...
  7. Unauthorized charge re: Microsoft Windows 10 / Seeking a refund for the unauthorized charge.

8. Unauthorized MSFT billing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unauthorized MSFT billing: Hello,I have seen that numerous times my CC got charged from MSFT*<E0200F1IBX> MSBILL.INFO IRL.-12,60€. The amount is everytime the same. But I don't have my CC registered on other Microsoft Accounts than this one, and there is no payment history. What could this be? Help...
  9. possible unauthorized charge by microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    possible unauthorized charge by microsoft: I received a charge on my credit card from Microsoft and have no idea why. Would like to speak to someone regarding this charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/possible-unauthorized-charge-by-microsoft/29562a0f-78bb-4768-84bc-6df78d62d4f4
  10. Unauthorized Billing from Microsoft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unauthorized Billing from Microsoft: Hello, I have reasons to believe that I am being billed from microsoft without my permission. I had at least three 120 dollars on my bank statetement with the MSFT* E500 **********, after some investigation I realized that this is from microsoft. I would like to know...