Windows 10: Bing image search anomaly, Indian cultural bias in Bing Images

Discus and support Bing image search anomaly, Indian cultural bias in Bing Images in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Because I have been bored during COVID, I have been playing with the filters to see what I can do. I received a very disturbing image. Furthermore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by I#Dave#Robot, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Bing image search anomaly, Indian cultural bias in Bing Images

Because I have been bored during COVID, I have been playing with the filters to see what I can do. I received a very disturbing image.

Furthermore more when I search for woman, most of my choices are white women. My results is not statically supported. I search for woman and most of my results are of white women. Culture research has show Indians like people with white skin. There is a whole skin lightening industry in India. Bing is not taking into account my physical location when it returns search results.

Largely my focus has been on the demure eye filter. My disturbing image is a result of that filter.

I tried to report this via the feedback in Bing. I got the form response.

I did another search on **** and one of the images was of a Indian man. I guess even engineers have a sense of humor.

Anyway. I reported this via Bing I got the form response.

I tried to report and opened Case #: 1011784134 it has beenopened and closed I reopened it.

I am gong to try to give you as much image related data on the issue as you can but uploading emails is a pain in the **** so please look at my machine You have my permission.

Also a data trap is directing misspelled or specific parameter searches to Rule34.com. I don't know how else to report this this without posting some disturbing details.

The tools are in place now on my machine. I suggest checking my outlook email as a place to start.

Me

I need to run some errands so please look at this.

:)

I#Dave#Robot, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Entegy Win User

Bing image search?

RUnning a Mango developer build, I had images and local/maps search added to my Bing search, along with the new features of Bing Audio and Bing Vision. I didn't get Local Scout. I'm in Canada, so I'm hoping these features remain active for me in the final
    build. Bing's features are determined by your region.

Entegy, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Timdude81 Win User
    Bing image search?

The Bing search app is pretty and has nice text results for web and news, but what about images and maps (or videos etc. for that matter?)?

These are a crucial part of the engine results.

Are they being added to the Bing app in Mango?

Thanks,

Tim

Timdude81, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Bing image search anomaly, Indian cultural bias in Bing Images

How to search for Images with Bing?

I am also fed up with Bing and definitely regret Google. I think the problem is that Bing is totally focused on the US.

Bing does not care about people living outside the US. For non-US customers Bing will not propose local search, no images search. And Bing Maps is even worse: inaccurate maps, slow to download and no way to even find any points of interest around

Arturo Bandini, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Bing image search anomaly, Indian cultural bias in Bing Images

1. Bing image search anomaly, Indian cultural bias in Bing Images - Similar Threads - Bing image search

2. Problem with Bing image creator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Bing image creator: I'm getting an error on Bing image creator: You can't submit any more prompts Please wait until your other on-going creations are complete before trying to create again. I've done all the usual, cleared everything and even used a new computer, but still fails. HELP PLEASE!...
  3. Problem with Bing image creator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Bing image creator: I'm getting an error on Bing image creator: You can't submit any more prompts Please wait until your other on-going creations are complete before trying to create again. I've done all the usual, cleared everything and even used a new computer, but still fails. HELP PLEASE!...
  4. BIng and Microsoft is Portraying a Biased forum!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIng and Microsoft is Portraying a Biased forum!: I as a Taxpaying US American will NOT tolerate your Liberal indoctrination anymore! Please be more neutral on your posts and your affiliates posting! * Moved from Advertising...
  5. What is this for? Bing search bar rotating images

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is this for? Bing search bar rotating images: Can anyone tell me what these little images are for? They change alot, don't have a function as far as I can tell, and I just don't like them. It's weird.This is the company-mandated MS Bing search bar on the bottom toolbar of my work PC.Thanks for any insight - can't figure...
  6. Bing images on Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bing images on Screen: How do I disable images on my sleep screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-images-on-screen/ffcabc15-a8ea-4fb9-8708-afcc66cd9abd
  7. bing Image missing on Edge

in Browsers and Email
    bing Image missing on Edge: I have Bing set to open when I open browsers. IE and Google Chrome works fine, but when I open Edge, the Bing image is missing. It just shows up as gray. I've ran dism restore health and startcomponentcleanup. I changed default browser setting to another url and then switched...
  8. Bing: Can't Search Images by Size?

in Browsers and Email
    Bing: Can't Search Images by Size?: Maybe I'm going blind, but I can't see where to search for images by size (small, medium, large, etc.) with Bing. As I recall there used to be a bar across the top with that option (as with Google), but it seems to be gone. What am I missing? *Huh 80037
  9. Bing Updates Image Search for Office and Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Bing Updates Image Search for Office and Edge: The Bing search team works hard to provide access to all of Bing’s great functionality across many Microsoft applications. And today we’re releasing upgrades to features for Office, Microsoft Edge and Bing that will help you search for the perfect image, as well as explore...
  10. Being a Part of the Bing Image Search Ecosystem

in Windows 10 News
    Being a Part of the Bing Image Search Ecosystem: Billions of images are discovered by Bing searchers every month. Through Bing.com and our search partnerships with companies like Apple, Amazon and Yahoo, customers are performing more image searches to satisfy a growing range of needs. We understand that our users have a...