Windows 10: Bing in Start Search in Windows 10

Discus and support Bing in Start Search in Windows 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; I want to remove or disable Bing in the Start Search in Windows 10. The common advice in the Internet is the following: in Cortana & Search Settings... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Hey there MSSW, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Bing in Start Search in Windows 10

I want to remove or disable Bing in the Start Search in Windows 10. The common advice in the Internet is the following: in Cortana & Search Settings

- Click the switch beneath Cortana can give you suggestions, reminders, alerts, and more at the top of the menu so that it turns off.

- Click the switch beneath Search online and include web results so that it turns off.

My issue is I cannot locate the Cortana & Search Settings. I’ve switched off Cortana in all the options presented in Permissions. I’ve looked everywhere. I have Windows 10 Home Version 1903 OS Build 18362.535.

I do not want to deal with this by fiddling with the registry.

:)

Hey there MSSW, Jan 8, 2020

2. How to remove Bing search

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

a) What is the exact issue that you face with Bing?

b) Is the issue related to Bing app?

c) Do you get issues with bing search in Windows Edge?

If you wish to set a different search for Windows Edge, here are the steps which might help you to set it as default search engine or home page.

• Open Windows edge.
    • Click on More actions (Three dots ...)
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on view advanced settings.
    • Turn on "Show the home button"
    • Enter the URL of the website which you want to set as your home page.
    • Close the Windows edge and open it again you will be able to get you desired webpage as your home page.

For Internet Explorer, refer to the following steps:

a) Type Internet options into the start search box

b) Press enter

c) Go down to search and select settings,

d) You can change it here.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Remove Bing search = Yicks

The start menu suggestions are okay,
    It's when you use the enter key (which in win-7) selects the top suggestion
    In win-10 it spins you to a bing search page :/

Forum sections can be easily confused it's all good but please keep in mind help is always the main objective Bing in Start Search in Windows 10 :)
    Otherwise I would've posted somewhere else less serious Bing in Start Search in Windows 10 :)

Allot of people do not like Bing Desktop Search because of this very bazar default in results,
    Not that I would want to use another search engine "Google or....) either start search is in my opinion always a Local files/ programs search,
    Otherwise I would open a browser and search and then I wouldn't want to search for local files,

The only trick ie workaround seems to not use the enter key and click on the suggestions instead :/

ThrashZone, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Bing in Start Search in Windows 10

Microsoft Search Webcast: Get started with Microsoft Search in Bing

Source: Microsoft Search Webcast: Get started with Microsoft Search in Bing - Microsoft Tech Community - 268505

See also: Announcing Microsoft Search - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Bing in Start Search in Windows 10

1. Bing in Start Search in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Bing Start Search

2. Windows search won't search Bing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search won't search Bing.: Before I upgraded to Windows 11 22H2, I had to use a registry tweak that I can't remember which would let me search Bing using Windows search. But now I have upgraded to another feature build 22H2, It no longer works see image below and just returns a "no results found"...
  3. Windows search won't search Bing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search won't search Bing.: Before I upgraded to Windows 11 22H2, I had to use a registry tweak that I can't remember which would let me search Bing using Windows search. But now I have upgraded to another feature build 22H2, It no longer works see image below and just returns a "no results found"...
  4. How to bring back the Bing search in Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to bring back the Bing search in Windows 10 start menu: Dear all,I understand that the latest major Windows 10 update removed the Bing web search from the Start Menu. Is there any way to bring it back?I'm aware there has been a lot of complaints about this feature and that's most likely why Microsoft removed it, but personally, I...
  5. Bing Search not working in Start Menu

in Cortana
    Bing Search not working in Start Menu: Bing Search not working in Start Menu in Windows 10 Home 20H2. I want to use Bing Web Search but it is not working. I also added "BingSearchEnabled" in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search but still it is not working....
  6. Bing in Start Search Windows 10

in Cortana
    Bing in Start Search Windows 10: I want to enable the Bing in Start Search as I feel it more convenient but after the recent update of windows I am having trouble with the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-in-start-search-windows-10/43026a43-f420-4ca5-93ea-44ed06aef419
  7. Bing in Start Search Windows 10

in Cortana
    Bing in Start Search Windows 10: I want to enable the Bing in Start Search as I feel it more convenient but after the recent update of windows I am having trouble with the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-in-start-search-windows-10/7d18d575-6c0c-418a-83e4-f72bb03fd715
  8. bing to google in windows 10 search

in Browsers and Email
    bing to google in windows 10 search: I have had several techs from duifferent sites try and helopme get ggole search instaed of bing as default in windows 100 search bar i have gone to microsoft edge and tried it there but none of the techs nor myself have been able to do it not sure if an update changed it bbut...
  9. Microsoft Search Webcast: Get started with Microsoft Search in Bing

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Search Webcast: Get started with Microsoft Search in Bing: Session Title: Microsoft Search Webcast: “Get started with Microsoft Search in Bing” Date and Time: Tuesday October 16, 2018 @ 9:00 AM PST Session Description: Have you heard about the new Microsoft Search offering and want to get started with it? This talk is for you! We...
  10. Bing search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing search: How do I search information in France from the Bing search engine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/bing-search/5b7ae6e0-5a1c-4699-aad6-74d7d1e02b7d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bing issue with windows search 2020