Windows 10: Bing on start up

Discus and support Bing on start up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Two weeks ago 'Bing search engine opens each time I log into my computer. Can't find in start up settings where to turn off. Anyone help? Thank You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Scooter979, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Bing on start up

Two weeks ago 'Bing search engine opens each time I log into my computer. Can't find in start up settings where to turn off. Anyone help? Thank You

:)

Scooter979, Oct 3, 2019

2. Removing BING toolbar and BING start page from Windows 10 - (Internet Explorer 11? -10?)

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide the more information.

• What is the make and model of the tablet?

• A screenshot of the issue would be wonderful.
    Please visit: How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

For now let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Step 1.

As per your information, be informed that Internet Explorer 11 is by default on Windows 10. You can also check the version by following the bellow steps.

• Open Internet Explorer and click on the gear option.
    • Now click on About Internet Explorer.
    For the issue with Bing toll bar, I would recommend you to uninstall the Bing toolbar from the Internet Explorer and check.

• Press Windows Key + X and select
      Control Panel

• Now click on Programs and Features and locate for
      Bing toolbar.
    • Right click on it and uninstall it.
    Step 2.

For the issue with webpage, I suggest you to set a different homepage and check.

• Open Internet Explorer and click on the gear option.

• Click on Internet option, now type a link or set a homepage in the box.
    • Click on Apply and OK.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 3, 2019
  3. how to remove bing

Hi NCA666,

My name is Roger W, an independent advisor trying to help. Let's try with the following suggestions, please:

Step 1:

Steps for removing Bing from search bar:

1. In Search type “Cortana & Search Settings” and hit enter.

2. You will have to find “Search online and include web results” feature and toggle the switch to disable it.

Note: Set the switch to “Off” state.

3. Reboot the Windows 10 device and your Bing search bar should be disabled.

Step 2:

Steps for removing Bing from the Browser.

Open Internet Explorer and click on the Gear icon.

Click on the ‘Manage add-ons’ option.

Click on ‘Search Providers’ which is on left pane.

Right click on ‘Bing’ where is listed under the ‘Name:’ column.

Click on ‘Remove’ from the drop-down menu.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

RogerWaltes98, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Bing on start up

bing

Here is the way Bing bar is removed from IE:

Remove Bing Bar toolbar from Internet Explorer
    To remove Bing Bar toolbar from IE browser, perform these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer by clicking its icon on the desktop or the taskbar
    • Click Tools, located on the right-hand side, and then click Manage Add-ons
    • Browse through the options in the right pane to locate Bing Bar
    • Select Bing Bar by clicking it, and then click the Disable button at the bottom of the window
    • Select the box before Bing Bar BHO under the heading Bing Bar in the Disable Add-on window
    • Click the Disable button

Jmarco0921, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Bing on start up

1. Bing on start up - Similar Threads - Bing start

2. How can I get the Bing wallpaper back as the start-up screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get the Bing wallpaper back as the start-up screen?: The 'round the world wallpaper was what I got whenever I first got on to my laptop and I really like it. Since the recent update, however, I get a blue swirly thing and the only option I see is to get it in different colors. The update did something else, too, which the...
  3. How can I get the Bing wallpaper back as the start-up screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get the Bing wallpaper back as the start-up screen?: The 'round the world wallpaper was what I got whenever I first got on to my laptop and I really like it. Since the recent update, however, I get a blue swirly thing and the only option I see is to get it in different colors. The update did something else, too, which the...
  4. Why does Microsoft Bing put so much OFFENSIVE content on its search start page?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft Bing put so much OFFENSIVE content on its search start page?: Knock it off! I don't know what's worse - that the Microsoft founder wants us to eat bugs or that a search engine so blatantly pushes divisive content!!!!...
  5. Why does Microsoft Bing put so much OFFENSIVE content on its search start page?

Why does Microsoft Bing put so much OFFENSIVE content on its search start page?: Knock it off! I don't know what's worse - that the Microsoft founder wants us to eat bugs or that a search engine so blatantly pushes divisive content!!!!...
  6. How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 version 22H2 with Microsoft Edge, at start up before I open Edge or Outlook I get this annoying pop up about 50% of the time. Are you able to advise me how to stop this permanently? I have tried a few of the suggestions from these pages without any...
  7. How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up

How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 version 22H2 with Microsoft Edge, at start up before I open Edge or Outlook I get this annoying pop up about 50% of the time. Are you able to advise me how to stop this permanently? I have tried a few of the suggestions from these pages without any...
  8. How to stop annoying bing pop up at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. how can i stop bing from trying to show me the "new" feature every day when I start Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i stop bing from trying to show me the "new" feature every day when I start Edge?: how can i stop bing from trying to show me the "new" feature every day when I start Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-bing-from-trying-to-show-me-the-new/8543c7fd-7f5a-46a7-bb3c-5a5047cdba90
  10. how can i stop bing from trying to show me the "new" feature every day when I start Edge?

how can i stop bing from trying to show me the "new" feature every day when I start Edge?: how can i stop bing from trying to show me the "new" feature every day when I start Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-bing-from-trying-to-show-me-the-new/8543c7fd-7f5a-46a7-bb3c-5a5047cdba90