Windows 10: Bing Redirect that is surprising stubborn

Discus and support Bing Redirect that is surprising stubborn in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a redirect virus--namely, the Bing Redirect Virus. I have: -removed suspicious apps and extensions -Deleted and reinstalled Chrome -Use... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MargaretC2, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Bing Redirect that is surprising stubborn

I have a redirect virus--namely, the Bing Redirect Virus.

I have:

-removed suspicious apps and extensions

-Deleted and reinstalled Chrome

-Use Malwarebytes to remove Bing.com redirect
    -Use HitmanPro to scan for malware and unwanted programs
    -Double-check for malicious programs with AdwCleaner

Currently-I am trying to reset my browser settings to remove Bing.com, however, it seems to be frozen.

I run Windows 10 on an HP Probook. I started yesterday having issues with Facebook--where any click opens a duplicate tab. As I cannot access their Help page, I cannot get help.

SO--Suggestions?

:)

MargaretC2, Aug 21, 2020
  2. MyraDean Win User

Remove Bing Redirect

Hello,

Whenever I want to search the internet, even tho I have Google Chrome set as my default search engine, and even tho I've removed Bing from my search engine list, my computer (or something) redirects my searches to Bing unless I specifically click on the
    Chrome icon, then....it asks me if I want to go to Chrome and when I click yes, it will finally go to Chrome. But unless I go throught multiple steps, I end up with Bing.....even tho I've deleted it from everyplace I can on my laptop. Bing Redirect that is surprising stubborn :( How do I get Bing
    off my computer for good? I know it's somehow tied to Microsoft, but I rarely use Cortana and if I have to delete it too, I will! Thanks for any help you can give me.

MyraDean, Aug 22, 2020
  3. ChrisH611 Win User
    Remove Bing Redirect

I feel the exact same way, This problem with Microsoft forcing Bing down our throats has been going on since the beginning of google/Microsoft and its time to fix Bing or let us use both windows and google search. The only other way is to quit windows all together

ChrisH611, Aug 22, 2020
  4. MyraDean Win User

Bing Redirect that is surprising stubborn

Remove Bing Redirect

I HATE Bing. No matter what is set as my default search engine, it redirects to Bing. How do I remove Bing forever from my laptop. My laptop is a Lenova and came with Bing. I prefer Chrome. HELP!!!

MyraDean, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Bing Redirect that is surprising stubborn

1. Bing Redirect that is surprising stubborn - Similar Threads - Bing Redirect surprising

2. redirects to microsoft bing instead of opera gx

in Windows 10 Gaming
    redirects to microsoft bing instead of opera gx: whenever i lets say open a pdf or link it would usually redirect me to microsoft bing to view that website or pdf but i want it to redirect to opera gx how do i do that...
  3. redirects to microsoft bing instead of opera gx

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    redirects to microsoft bing instead of opera gx: whenever i lets say open a pdf or link it would usually redirect me to microsoft bing to view that website or pdf but i want it to redirect to opera gx how do i do that...
  4. Bing Redirect Virus Keeps Coming Back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing Redirect Virus Keeps Coming Back: So far, I have tried MalwareBytes, CCleaner, Bitdefender, Windows built-in AV, and Total AV. None of them seem to be able to find the source of the virus. I have already reinstalled Chrome. This Bing Redirect is affecting both Edge AND Chrome. It's been 29 years since I've...
  5. Bing Redirect Virus Keeps Coming Back

Bing Redirect Virus Keeps Coming Back: So far, I have tried MalwareBytes, CCleaner, Bitdefender, Windows built-in AV, and Total AV. None of them seem to be able to find the source of the virus. I have already reinstalled Chrome. This Bing Redirect is affecting both Edge AND Chrome. It's been 29 years since I've...
  6. Incorrect language and Bing Redirects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect language and Bing Redirects: Having two issues with Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.674. Using the type to search, everything on the right side shows up in Chinese.Edge will redirect any search through Bing to cn.bing.com instead of staying with the standard US version and will receive a too many redirect...
  7. Incorrect language and Bing Redirects

Incorrect language and Bing Redirects: Having two issues with Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.674. Using the type to search, everything on the right side shows up in Chinese.Edge will redirect any search through Bing to cn.bing.com instead of staying with the standard US version and will receive a too many redirect...
  8. bing redirect thing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    bing redirect thing: Ok so, when ever I search something on google it redirects to bing. I haven’t downloaded anything recently and my windows defender isnt detecting anything. Any tips? submitted by /u/jaggerboi14 [link] [comments]...
  9. Remove Bing Redirect

in Cortana
    Remove Bing Redirect: I HATE Bing. No matter what is set as my default search engine, it redirects to Bing. How do I remove Bing forever from my laptop. My laptop is a Lenova and came with Bing. I prefer Chrome. HELP!!!...
  10. How do you remove the Bing redirect virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do you remove the Bing redirect virus?: How do you remove the Bing redirect virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-remove-the-bing-redirect-virus/11a89904-13db-417d-aaed-81cb8ce43263"