Windows 10: Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

Discus and support Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard in the "Top Sites" page when you open a new Tab, while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnnyGui, Jul 29, 2018.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

Good day,

For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard in the "Top Sites" page when you open a new Tab, while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address bar itself.

I remember this happening a while back before after certain updates but I don't remember how it got solved.

Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page 30b20cde-3434-4f47-b50e-f2b66b1ca100?upload=true.jpg

Anyone else noticed this?

:)

JohnnyGui, Jul 29, 2018

2. New Bing search bar

When I open Edge, a new Bing search bar has appeared. I don't use it and it takes up space from my start page. How do I get rid of it.

It just appeared recently

larryflesh, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Remove Bing from new Tabs in Edge

A recent update on Windows 10 (May 2018) has made Edge on my computer open Bing in any new Tab. (Previously new tabs in Edge opened in Google on my computer). How do I stop Bing opening, and get new pages in Google instead?

CharliePearson, Jul 29, 2018
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Ms edge new tab page.

I'm not aware of a way. Only the first home page can be set to Google.com.

What you can do though is set new tabs to open with a blank page, then go to Settings > View Advanced Settings > and set 'Search In Address Bar With' to Google. Then when you open a new tab, if you type a search term in the address bar and hit enter, it will display the results in Google.

Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page [​IMG]

ARC1020, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page - Similar Threads - Bing Search Bar

2. bing search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bing search bar: A Bing search bar just appeared out of nowhere on my home screen, and nothing on the web has helped me to get rid of it. Do you have a method that will work ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-search-bar/5f7c8eda-1a6f-430b-a2de-f9646df7b28d
  3. bing search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bing search bar: A Bing search bar just appeared out of nowhere on my home screen, and nothing on the web has helped me to get rid of it. Do you have a method that will work ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-search-bar/5f7c8eda-1a6f-430b-a2de-f9646df7b28d
  4. Edge Chromium New tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium New tab page: Just wanted to see some responses that do you think MS Edge will have an option to use a Blank page instead of that annoying MS search bar? Thats one of the reasons I switched to using Firefox. 181404
  5. Get rid of "Bing" Search suggestions on Edge Chromium New Tab Page

in Browsers and Email
    Get rid of "Bing" Search suggestions on Edge Chromium New Tab Page: How do I get rid of "Bing" Search suggestions on Edge Chromium New Tab Page? (as shown in attached image.) Windows 10, 20H2 Edge Chromium Version 87.0.664.66 (Official build) (64-bit) 172351
  6. Get rid of "Bing" Search suggestions on Edge Chromium New Tab Page

in Windows 10 Support
    Get rid of "Bing" Search suggestions on Edge Chromium New Tab Page: How do I get rid of "Bing" Search suggestions on Edge Chromium New Tab Page? (as shown in attached image.) Windows 10, 20H2 Edge Chromium Version 87.0.664.66 (Official build) (64-bit) 172351
  7. Forced to use Bing New Tab page on Edge Chromium?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced to use Bing New Tab page on Edge Chromium?: Hey all, So this past month I recommended Edge Chromium to another person, and they finally got around to installing it on their MacBook Pro. They loved nearly everything about it, including the nice touchbar integrations and such. (I'm a total Mac hater but its still good)...
  8. Searching with the Bing Search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Searching with the Bing Search bar: When I enter a search in the Bing search bar on the screen of my desk top computer, the search comes on the minimized window, but will not open in Maximized view. What caused this and how can it be fixed to open the window on the screen instead of the bottom task bar on the...
  9. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard on the New Tab page while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address bar itself. I remember this...
  10. Ms edge new tab page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge new tab page.: In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this. Henry Attachment 95508 59826

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge new tab bing search

2. edge bing new tab page

3. edge bing on new tab

4. edge bing search new tab,
  5. edge bing stilldefault in new tab