Windows 10: BING SEARCH IMPOSSIBLE TO DELETE - EXTREME TRASH

Discus and support BING SEARCH IMPOSSIBLE TO DELETE - EXTREME TRASH in Cortana to solve the problem; I'm suggesting to exclude this horrible ''extension'', ''software'', whatever it is. I've just wasted hours trying to change the search engine in... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Pedro Henrique Moreira, Dec 19, 2018.

1. BING SEARCH IMPOSSIBLE TO DELETE - EXTREME TRASH

I'm suggesting to exclude this horrible ''extension'', ''software'', whatever it is. I've just wasted hours trying to change the search engine in internet explorer to google instead of the already built-in bing.

When a final user have to expend hours trying to remove it, it means it is not optimal. When something is not optimal, DO not put it online. BAD programming means only technicians or someone with specific knowledge could manage to work it out. I'm having a nightmare with BING and already HATE IT to the point to spend another 1 hour discharging all the hate it gave me. PLEASE, give up, google is far more superior. SEARCHES in BING is a mess.

:)

Pedro Henrique Moreira, Dec 19, 2018

2. How to remove Bing search

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

a) What is the exact issue that you face with Bing?

b) Is the issue related to Bing app?

c) Do you get issues with bing search in Windows Edge?

If you wish to set a different search for Windows Edge, here are the steps which might help you to set it as default search engine or home page.

• Open Windows edge.
    • Click on More actions (Three dots ...)
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on view advanced settings.
    • Turn on "Show the home button"
    • Enter the URL of the website which you want to set as your home page.
    • Close the Windows edge and open it again you will be able to get you desired webpage as your home page.

For Internet Explorer, refer to the following steps:

a) Type Internet options into the start search box

b) Press enter

c) Go down to search and select settings,

d) You can change it here.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Dec 19, 2018
  3. delete bing from win 10

Hi Bill,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Step 1:

Steps for removing Bing from search bar:

1. In Search type “Cortana & Search Settings” and hit
    enter

2. You will have to find “Search online and include web results” feature and toggle the switch to
    disable it.

Note: Set the switch to “Off” state.

3. Reboot the Windows 10 device and your Bing search bar should be disabled.

Step 2:

Steps for removing Bing from the Browser.

• Open Internet Explorer and click on the Gear icon.
    • Click on the ‘Manage add-ons’ option.
    • Click on ‘Search Providers’ which is on left pane.
    • Right click on ‘Bing’ where is listed under the ‘Name:’ column.
    • Click on ‘Remove’ from the drop-down menu.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Dec 19, 2018
  4. BillTates Win User

BING SEARCH IMPOSSIBLE TO DELETE - EXTREME TRASH

delete bing from win 10

Hi Annu,

many thanks. Step 1 was excellent and it seems to have worked, however, Step 2 is a non starter. Windows 10 does not have Internet Explorer it has Edge, and there is no "gear" on Edge.

I want to delete Bing from my laptop, not just remove it as the default search engine because each time I restart the laptop it comes back again! Any more suggestions to delete?

Regards,

Bill

BillTates, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

BING SEARCH IMPOSSIBLE TO DELETE - EXTREME TRASH

1. BING SEARCH IMPOSSIBLE TO DELETE - EXTREME TRASH - Similar Threads - BING SEARCH IMPOSSIBLE

2. Eliminate trash on search & cortaina

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Eliminate trash on search & cortaina: There is "trash" at the far right end of my search & cortaina icon next to the Windows icon on my pc in the taskbar.How do I eliminate this trash and a make it a white blank with the microscope showing?...
  3. Windows 10 Edge Delete Bing search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Edge Delete Bing search: How to delete Bing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-edge-delete-bing-search/55a34e4a-9f71-4c53-abaf-a83fb169db76
  4. how to delete Bing search history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete Bing search history: Hi everyone Im sorry but I just find Microsofts system so unnecessarily long winded and confusing! I'm trying to delete my Bing search history, everytime I try it asks me to login to my account, which I do, but there is no option to delete Bing search history! I've deleted...
  5. Trash deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trash deleted: Previously when I tried to delete messages from my phone phone is new for me so I learn a lot from trial & error--had very old phone before!! it would delete them on my phone but never carried thru to my laptop. So when I got the suggestion on my phone to delete trash to make...
  6. Searching with the Bing Search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Searching with the Bing Search bar: When I enter a search in the Bing search bar on the screen of my desk top computer, the search comes on the minimized window, but will not open in Maximized view. What caused this and how can it be fixed to open the window on the screen instead of the bottom task bar on the...
  7. how can i delete the bing search program

how can i delete the bing search program: how do I get rid of bing fom my windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-the-bing-search-program/f7546279-02ef-48ba-b5df-d105872e9a77
  8. Deleting Bing

in Cortana
    Deleting Bing: How do I get rid of Bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-bing/0c53efc1-3388-47be-acd6-3f9ca068a3f9"
  9. Bing search

Bing search: How do I search information in France from the Bing search engine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/bing-search/5b7ae6e0-5a1c-4699-aad6-74d7d1e02b7d
  10. Delete Bing search engine and add Google

in Browsers and Email
    Delete Bing search engine and add Google: How do I delete Bing search enging from Microsoft Edge and change to Google. I've already added Google, but how can I delete Bing? 11732

Users found this page by searching for:

1. impossible to delete search on twitter

2. it is impossible to remove bing