Windows 10: Bing search results

Discus and support Bing search results in Cortana to solve the problem; Fairly simple. All searches, especially for generic businesses or shopping related searches always return american results. Location is set to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Vorpalrhombus, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Bing search results

Fairly simple. All searches, especially for generic businesses or shopping related searches always return american results. Location is set to australia. I am signed in. Windows location is set to my city and country. Changing search engines isnt an option as i do most of my searching from the windows search bar.

Even international websites the american version is suggested only. dont really want to buy a kids playground in another country. Pizza near me?

:)

Vorpalrhombus, Apr 24, 2020

2. Bing Map search not showing results

Hi,

When I do a search in Bing Maps (e.g subway or restaurant) it never finds any results. If, however, I search using Bing search application (outside of maps) it *does* find localised results!

I also check Bing maps from my PC, and that too finds localised results! Is there something I'm missing from my phone? Are we meant to use keywords when searching from Bing Maps on the phone?

I am from Melbourne (Australia), using a Samsung Omnia 7 phone on the Optus network.

Thanks,

Mike

bob098786785, Apr 24, 2020
  3. LuNiTeK Win User
    Bing Maps - not working (search), and Bing Search (local results)

Hello

I have read similar problems with Bing where you need to get the phrasing correct in the Maps application for search results to show up, but I am not getting ANY results period in the map app, unless I type in an exact address. I also tried none local searches
    (such as bestbuy dallas texas, or best buy dallas texas) to no avail. Bing search and everything else works but I cannot look things up, like if I type in Mcdonalds, instead of getting McDonalds results here in Edmonton, AB I get the town McDonald, BC. Wal
    mart, etc nothing shows up. There are 4 offices in town at my work, on my Android type into maps and boom results, here I get no results found unless I type exact address. This is really odd.... Also no local search results in Bing Search(search button on
    phone), I can type in Panago Pizza or just pizza in general and only comes up with tabs web and news, not local. My GPS works so i can't see it being a problem, and it shows up as Edmonton, AB in the bing search app as well (where it shows location). I live
    in a city of 1 million so It's not an issue of no listings, an if i use bing on the computer the local search results show up fine. It's like a black hole in the phone, location is turned on, every setting I checked...

LuNiTeK, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Bing search results

How to remove Bing search

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

a) What is the exact issue that you face with Bing?

b) Is the issue related to Bing app?

c) Do you get issues with bing search in Windows Edge?

If you wish to set a different search for Windows Edge, here are the steps which might help you to set it as default search engine or home page.

• Open Windows edge.
    • Click on More actions (Three dots ...)
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on view advanced settings.
    • Turn on "Show the home button"
    • Enter the URL of the website which you want to set as your home page.
    • Close the Windows edge and open it again you will be able to get you desired webpage as your home page.

For Internet Explorer, refer to the following steps:

a) Type Internet options into the start search box

b) Press enter

c) Go down to search and select settings,

d) You can change it here.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Bing search results

1. Bing search results - Similar Threads - Bing search results

2. How can I prevent Bing from redirecting all my Google Searches to the Bing results"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent Bing from redirecting all my Google Searches to the Bing results": Google is my selected search engine and Google Chrome is my operating system.When I enter a Google Search, as soon as it comes up it is redirected to Microsoft Bing.How can I stop the redirect?I am a PhD student and Bing's searches are preventing me from getting the...
  3. How can I prevent Bing from redirecting all my Google Searches to the Bing results"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I prevent Bing from redirecting all my Google Searches to the Bing results": Google is my selected search engine and Google Chrome is my operating system.When I enter a Google Search, as soon as it comes up it is redirected to Microsoft Bing.How can I stop the redirect?I am a PhD student and Bing's searches are preventing me from getting the...
  4. Cortana will not open apps, it now only offers Bing search results.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana will not open apps, it now only offers Bing search results.: I am on Windows 10. Cortana now either gives me Bing results or says "Sorry, I'm not able to help with that" whenever I ask it do anything. If I say "Open Word" it simply gives a list of things to do to open word. If I say "Set a timer for 3 minutes" or "remind me to phone...
  5. Random Bing Results appear on Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Bing Results appear on Search Bar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MysteryBoBCat69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ipzwcy/random_bing_results_appear_on_search_bar/
  6. Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results: When I search my Documents directory, I often get results from .css, .js etc when really all I want are folders, .html, .pdf How to I stop the .css, .js files appearing in the search results? I know I can apply filters afterwards but having to do so when all I want to do...
  7. Is there a way to search for results from specific years in Bing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to search for results from specific years in Bing?: For example, if I want results only from the years 1990 to 2000 are there switches we can use like in Google? Thanks submitted by /u/monkeyjunks [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eo47g1/is_there_a_way_to_search_for_results_from/
  8. Searching with the Bing Search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Searching with the Bing Search bar: When I enter a search in the Bing search bar on the screen of my desk top computer, the search comes on the minimized window, but will not open in Maximized view. What caused this and how can it be fixed to open the window on the screen instead of the bottom task bar on the...
  9. Bing search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing search: How do I search information in France from the Bing search engine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/bing-search/5b7ae6e0-5a1c-4699-aad6-74d7d1e02b7d
  10. Deep learning helping to make Bing search results more intelligent

in Windows 10 News
    Deep learning helping to make Bing search results more intelligent: Deep learning is helping to make Bing’s search results more intelligent. Here’s a peek behind the curtain of how we’re applying some of these techniques. Last week, I noticed there were dates printed on my soda cans and I wanted to know what they referred to - sell by dates,...