Windows 10: Bing, Updates, Edge

Discus and support Bing, Updates, Edge in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1, wanted to delete bing. Since hv found Bing in hidden files, don't know if ok to delete, don't see uninstall option. changing default searcher... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ihatewindows10ihatewindow, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Bing, Updates, Edge

1, wanted to delete bing. Since hv found Bing in hidden files, don't know if ok to delete, don't see uninstall option. changing default searcher doesn't work. Seems most have .dll extension. how to do? tired of crap taking up space, tracking every move

2. hate 10. Am thinking delete Edge. Tired of crap taking up space.

3 need to oversee updates. Last update put me out of work 1 week, lost $$ with work, got in accident bc update made it so I couldn't even get to log-in screen, couldn't offer a service to clients, cost more $$, will cost to get car fixed. No response fr Bill Gates NOR Microsoft xcept they said soooooo many people were messed up w update b4 last. Class action suit sounding good about now.

4. if no solution, I'm going to Apple. 5 Any help out there?

:)

ihatewindows10ihatewindow, Aug 13, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Remove Bing from Microsoft Edge

Hi Bonnie,

Bing is design to work with Microsoft Edge and cannot be removed. Do you just want to change the default search engine used on Microsoft Edge? If yes, follow the steps below on how to change the default search engine on Microsoft Edge:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the "..." icon at the upper right hand of the window and select
      Settings.
    • Select View advanced settings.
    • Select Change search engine.
    • Select a different search engine and Set as default.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Bing, Updates, Edge

Edge and Bing Issue

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

I will certainly help you.

As an initial step, I suggest you to clear Cache and Cookies and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click on the
      Hub icon
      (…) and then click on History.

• Click on “Clear all history“.

• Select “Cookies and saved website data” and “Cached data and files” and click
      Clear

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Bing, Updates, Edge

1. Bing, Updates, Edge - Similar Threads - Bing Updates Edge

2. Updates, Edge to Bing -- NOT EASY TO NAVIGATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates, Edge to Bing -- NOT EASY TO NAVIGATE: Something weird happened with the Edge search engine, it has a horrible format, really weird, and costing me money because of the way it is set up. How do I stop using it? Edge is HORRIBLE, especially when it goes into Bing, not easy on the eyes, layout terrible. Everything...
  3. Updates, Edge to Bing -- NOT EASY TO NAVIGATE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates, Edge to Bing -- NOT EASY TO NAVIGATE: Something weird happened with the Edge search engine, it has a horrible format, really weird, and costing me money because of the way it is set up. How do I stop using it? Edge is HORRIBLE, especially when it goes into Bing, not easy on the eyes, layout terrible. Everything...
  4. MS EDGE & BING.

in Cortana
    MS EDGE & BING.: I am raging right now. I just did the latest update and was confronted by Edge being automatically opened as my main browser, signed in to Edge and Bing being used even when i have NEVER used it. I DO NOT WANT TO USE EDGE OR BING, I NEVER HAVE AND I NEVER WILL. What part of...
  5. bing Image missing on Edge

in Browsers and Email
    bing Image missing on Edge: I have Bing set to open when I open browsers. IE and Google Chrome works fine, but when I open Edge, the Bing image is missing. It just shows up as gray. I've ran dism restore health and startcomponentcleanup. I changed default browser setting to another url and then switched...
  6. colour of links in edge (bing)

in Browsers and Email
    colour of links in edge (bing): Hi all, when I am browsing the net using Edge the first line of a link is in blue and when I click on the link to the site and come out of the site it changes colour to only a slight difference of colour so that it is hard to see which sites I have been to. Is it possible to...
  7. colour of links in edge (bing)

in Windows 10 Support
    colour of links in edge (bing): Hi all, when I am browsing the net using Edge the first line of a link is in blue and when I click on the link to the site and come out of the site it changes colour to only a slight difference of colour so that it is hard to see which sites I have been to. Is it possible to...
  8. Microsoft Edge/Bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge/Bing: How do I permanently turn these off? I've got all my settings to "off," yet it keeps popping open. I'd like to get rid of it permanently, but it doesn't want to let me, so turning it off permanently will be the next best thing....
  9. Bing not working in Edge or Cortana

in Browsers and Email
    Bing not working in Edge or Cortana: Hi, I recently bought a new laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10 - everything is working fine apart from I can't do anything with Bing. Doing a search from Edge or Cortana just brings up the 'hmm can't access page' error. Trying to go to www.bing.com from Edge or...
  10. Bing Updates Image Search for Office and Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Bing Updates Image Search for Office and Edge: The Bing search team works hard to provide access to all of Bing’s great functionality across many Microsoft applications. And today we’re releasing upgrades to features for Office, Microsoft Edge and Bing that will help you search for the perfect image, as well as explore...