Windows 10: Bing Updates Image Search for Office and Edge

Discus and support Bing Updates Image Search for Office and Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Bing search team works hard to provide access to all of Bing’s great functionality across many Microsoft applications. And today we’re releasing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Bing Updates Image Search for Office and Edge

Source: Bing Updates Image Search for Office and Edge | Bing Search Blog

Brink, Mar 6, 2016
  2. Cliff S New Member

I just tried it Shawn.
    How cool!

Bing Updates Image Search for Office and Edge [​IMG]

:)

Cliff S, Mar 6, 2016
  3. Windows 10 1703 update KB4025342 failed to install

I have an ASUS T-100 plugged in on the night stand and it has failed this same update ten times. These computers are opposite ends of the spectrum so from a layman's perspective it would seem the update is a little "finicky."

Also now I have noticed that Bing image search is broken on edge in my HP Pavilion. It works fine with chrome, but not with edge. When you click on an image from the search results only the thumbnail is loaded and the link to the page with the image is
    not shown in the lower LH corner of the page.

So not only did this update not install, it broke Edge! I'm wondering what else is broken now.

VirtualMatt, Mar 6, 2016
  4. BulldogXX Win User

How do I change the search engine within Microsoft Edge.

You cannot change the search engine in Microsoft Edge. I would not hold out any hope for change in the future. Get ready for Microsoft products to become more and more Bing-ified. Already happening to Office.

BulldogXX, Mar 6, 2016
  5. Same here that is good will be using it a lot more
    Also the Contana App now when you right click pretty cool

hTconeM9user, Mar 7, 2016
  6. GAS
    Gas Win User
    Great and very useful feature, thank you Brink, though i cannot find that “Image Match” button in Bing, could it only be for the USA users?

7. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Mar 7, 2016
  8. VBS
    VBs Win User

Probably only US... But it may work if you set your region to us even in other country if you want to use cortana.

9. axe0 New Member
    @Cliff S, what are your language and country/region settings?

axe0, Mar 7, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    As I'm an American living in Germany(27 years now), I have mine set to US English/German keyboard.

Cliff S, Mar 7, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Very cool, just tried it *Smile

12. GAS
    Gas Win User
    Thank you VBs, i think i will leave it this way, I want it set in my own region.

Thema:

1. Bing Updates Image Search for Office and Edge - Similar Threads - Bing Updates Image

2. Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions: I use Windows 10, and when I open Search it's cluttered with MS Edge and Bing suggestions. I already use Edge, and have been for quite awhile. I don't use Bing. I detest it. Is there some way I can remove those suggestions? The Search function doesn't even wait for me to...
  3. What is this for? Bing search bar rotating images

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is this for? Bing search bar rotating images: Can anyone tell me what these little images are for? They change alot, don't have a function as far as I can tell, and I just don't like them. It's weird.This is the company-mandated MS Bing search bar on the bottom toolbar of my work PC.Thanks for any insight - can't figure...
  4. Reverse image search in Edge's Bing sidebar will soon be (a bit) easier and faster.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reverse image search in Edge's Bing sidebar will soon be (a bit) easier and faster.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/pxipbn/reverse_image_search_in_edges_bing_sidebar_will/
  5. Edge will allow you to do Reverse Image Search in the Bing sidebar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge will allow you to do Reverse Image Search in the Bing sidebar.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/n3rkto/edge_will_allow_you_to_do_reverse_image_search_in/
  6. Bing image search anomaly, Indian cultural bias in Bing Images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bing image search anomaly, Indian cultural bias in Bing Images: Because I have been bored during COVID, I have been playing with the filters to see what I can do. I received a very disturbing image. Furthermore more when I search for woman, most of my choices are white women. My results is not statically supported. I search for woman...
  7. bing Image missing on Edge

in Browsers and Email
    bing Image missing on Edge: I have Bing set to open when I open browsers. IE and Google Chrome works fine, but when I open Edge, the Bing image is missing. It just shows up as gray. I've ran dism restore health and startcomponentcleanup. I changed default browser setting to another url and then switched...
  8. MS Edge: Search Engine defaults to Bing

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge: Search Engine defaults to Bing: Hi, This morning, MS Edge defaults to Bing as the search engine even though the default setting is set to Google. I can't get it to default to Google, even though I am able to manually select Google as the search engine. How can I check if this is a problem with MS Edge or...
  9. Bing, Updates, Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bing, Updates, Edge: 1, wanted to delete bing. Since hv found Bing in hidden files, don't know if ok to delete, don't see uninstall option. changing default searcher doesn't work. Seems most have .dll extension. how to do? tired of crap taking up space, tracking every move 2. hate 10. Am...
  10. Bing: Can't Search Images by Size?

in Browsers and Email
    Bing: Can't Search Images by Size?: Maybe I'm going blind, but I can't see where to search for images by size (small, medium, large, etc.) with Bing. As I recall there used to be a bar across the top with that option (as with Google), but it seems to be gone. What am I missing? *Huh 80037