Windows 10: BioEnrollmentHost.exe failes setting up Windows Hello | Win 1903 updated Brio firmware

Discus and support BioEnrollmentHost.exe failes setting up Windows Hello | Win 1903 updated Brio firmware in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Error in eventmgr: Faulting application name: BioEnrollmentHost.exe, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x5c901844 Faulting module name:... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PaulKemp, Jun 10, 2019.

1. PaulKemp Win User

BioEnrollmentHost.exe failes setting up Windows Hello | Win 1903 updated Brio firmware

Error in eventmgr:

Faulting application name: BioEnrollmentHost.exe, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x5c901844

Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x42f071ca
    Exception code: 0xc000027b
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000d5cc8
    Faulting process id: 0x36c0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d51f832ddaa74c
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.BioEnrollment_cw5n1h2txyewy\BioEnrollmentHost.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll
    Report Id: 4ab57635-22a3-4947-8927-e482e224a95c
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.BioEnrollment_10.0.18362.1_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy
    Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Camera / Windows:

• Logitech Brio at 2.0.28 and EEPROM at 1.18. Both most recent.
    • Windows build at 1903. 18362.145.

Super annoying stuff. I did think that there was old GPUs forced after adding 'work accounts ', but I've removed the work account and this still fails. I've also ran sfc/scannow, checkHelth, scanHealth and restoreHealth, without any reported issues what so ever.

I am not able to exclude the cameras fault per now, since I cannot verify that it is working with the IR scanning. It is not blinking red when using Windows hello, but is this the fault of the camera - OR the BioEnrollmentHost.exe failing? I dont know.

Is there away to completely reset the sign in options, without reinstalling windows (I REALLY dont want to do that troubleshooting this issue)?

:)

PaulKemp, Jun 10, 2019
  2. xy677 Win User

Logitech BRIO not working with Hello after upgrade

Just upgraded to Creators Update (1703) and there were no errors during the install but now my Logitech BRIO camera is not working with Windows Hello.

I can see the camera listed in device manager with no errors and it works in Skype but at the logon screen it says that no camera is available. I tried turning Hello off and on again but that didn't help.Also tried different USB ports but that didn't help either.

There is a Logitech KB about this but it didn't fix my issue:

No video or BRIO webcam not detected after Windows 10 update - Logitech Support Article

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it?

xy677, Jun 10, 2019
  3. rjolbrich Win User
    Win 10 1809 kb4497934 update fails with 0x80070157

Hello,

I tried all suggestions up to upgrading to 1903 from

step 1 in fixes. I also tried step 2. None of the fixes

solved the problem. I am not willing to upgrade to

1903 - not during the first month of availability! Do

you take me for a fool? Windows Update continues

to be the most unreliable component of Win 10.

rjolbrich, Jun 10, 2019
  4. BioEnrollmentHost.exe failes setting up Windows Hello | Win 1903 updated Brio firmware

Logitech BRIO not working with Hello after upgrade

I have the exact same problem. I've not found a solution yet. I'll add (and bet it's the same for you) that Hello works with the PIN, just not the BRIO. I also have a fingerprint reader, which still works fine. So it's not Hello, nor just the Brio (as you said, works with Skype -- same for me), but something unique to the combination of Hello, Creators Update, and Brio.

GranitStatColin, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

BioEnrollmentHost.exe failes setting up Windows Hello | Win 1903 updated Brio firmware

1. BioEnrollmentHost.exe failes setting up Windows Hello | Win 1903 updated Brio firmware - Similar Threads - BioEnrollmentHost exe failes

2. hello face sign in brio camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello face sign in brio camera: hello face sign in brio camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face-sign-in-brio-camera/2542ff77-5b17-4021-adfa-5afaaba16f3a
  3. windows hello with logitech brio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hello with logitech brio: Hi,So I have been trying to solve an issue where my Logitech brio 4k stream edition doesn't seem to work on windows hello, now I've checked and the webcam is indeed compatible, so why when I go to setup windows hello with my webcam it either says right away that my webcam...
  4. windows hello with logitech brio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows hello with logitech brio: Hi,So I have been trying to solve an issue where my Logitech brio 4k stream edition doesn't seem to work on windows hello, now I've checked and the webcam is indeed compatible, so why when I go to setup windows hello with my webcam it either says right away that my webcam...
  5. Brio for Windows Hello setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brio for Windows Hello setup: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JeffAlvarez9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijzjvm/brio_for_windows_hello_setup/
  6. Windows Hello not recognizing Brio webcam

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Hello not recognizing Brio webcam: I just purchased a Brio specifically to use with Windows Hello, but WH isn't recognizing it - that section says the option is currently unavailable. I've been using a PQI mini fingerprint scanner for several months without a problem. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 2004. The...
  7. Win 10 1903 Update Failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 1903 Update Failing: Windows update has failed to install 1903 update over 20 times now. Always same pattern, reboot, tries to install, gets to 7% jumps to 77% and then just reboots and logs back into Windows without having updated. When I look at update history some, but not all entries have...
  8. Window Hello PIN and Fingerprint fail setup in Win 10-1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Hello PIN and Fingerprint fail setup in Win 10-1903: I'm running Windows 10 (enterprise)1903 build 18362.207. I'm trying to setup Windows Hello and Fingerprint with no luck. Every time I'm getting the "Something went wrong. Try again later" error. All Windows Hello features worked fine with my machine in previous version of...
  9. Unable to set up Windows Hello after the Windows 1903 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to set up Windows Hello after the Windows 1903 update: Hi, I have a HP ProBook 440 G4 and updated from Windows 10 version 1803 to "Windows 10 version 1903". After that, Windows Hello stopped working. I removed the finger records and decided to set it up again but then this shows up: [ATTACH] I've searched the web and tried...
  10. windows hello, Logitech brio, win10 1903

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello, Logitech brio, win10 1903: Since my upgrade to 1903 windows 10 hello cannot turn on camera for hello, though camera works for Skype and other programs. This has happened at least twice before at feature updates. I have followed all the suggestions listed in community support but still of no avail....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. faulting application name: bioenrollmenthost.exe

2. bioenrollmenthost.exe 0xc000027b twinapi.appcore.dll

3. bioenrollmenthost.exe Exception code: 0xc000027b

4. bioenrollmenthost.exe failed 0xc000027b,
  5. faulting application name: bioenrollmenthost.exe version: 10.0.18362.329 time stamp: 0x5d65c2f4,
  6. bioenrollmenthost.exe fails,
  7. bioenrollmenthost exception code 0xc000027b,
  8. twinapi.appcore bio enrollment,
  9. bioenrollmenthost.exe brio,
  10. faulting application name: bioenrollmenthost.exe windows hello