Windows 10: Biometric authentication for chrome autofill

Discus and support Biometric authentication for chrome autofill in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/HovercraftMain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0uc10/biometric_authentication_for_chrome_autofill/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HovercraftMain, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Biometric authentication for chrome autofill

/u/HovercraftMain, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

More secure and convenient Autofill coming to Google Chrome on Android

Source: Chromium Blog: More secure and convenient Autofill coming to Chrome

Brink, Nov 25, 2020
  3. biometric devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Enable Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager. If the issue still persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Reinstall drivers and compatibility mode.

I suggest you to download and install the latest drives for fingerprint sensor device from the manufacture’s website and check if it gets detected.

If the issue still persist, you may also install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

After installing the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the method 3 and check if you are able to get the sign in option with Biometric.

Method 3:

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

Biometric Devices (Windows Drivers)

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Biometric authentication for chrome autofill

Abraham Andres Luna, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Biometric authentication for chrome autofill

1. Biometric authentication for chrome autofill - Similar Threads - Biometric authentication chrome

2. Issues with MS Autofill extention in Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with MS Autofill extention in Chrome: I have an iPhone using MS Authenticator and 2 Windows systems using the Chrome autofill extension. I am able to sync between my phone and laptop but on my Desktop PC running Windows 10 it will not sync.I have tried signing out and back in, removing extension and reinstalling...
  3. Issues with MS Autofill extention in Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with MS Autofill extention in Chrome: I have an iPhone using MS Authenticator and 2 Windows systems using the Chrome autofill extension. I am able to sync between my phone and laptop but on my Desktop PC running Windows 10 it will not sync.I have tried signing out and back in, removing extension and reinstalling...
  4. Issues with MS Autofill extention in Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Authenticator iPhone8 and Microsoft Autofill Brave Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator iPhone8 and Microsoft Autofill Brave Browser: My situation is that I have Microsoft Authenticator on my iPhone 8 and Microsoft Autofill configured within Brave browser on my Windows 11 machine. Everything has been working perfectly and seamlessly across this ecosystem until yesterday morning. My system is always...
  6. Microsoft Authenticator iPhone8 and Microsoft Autofill Brave Browser

Microsoft Authenticator iPhone8 and Microsoft Autofill Brave Browser: My situation is that I have Microsoft Authenticator on my iPhone 8 and Microsoft Autofill configured within Brave browser on my Windows 11 machine. Everything has been working perfectly and seamlessly across this ecosystem until yesterday morning. My system is always...
  7. Microsoft Authenticator iPhone8 and Microsoft Autofill Brave Browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Dual enrollment using biometric authentication

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dual enrollment using biometric authentication: Hello I'm configuring Windows Hello for business for a customer of mine. The customer is very interested to the Dual Enrollment feature logging in with a standard user and "elevating" to an administrative user when needed, so that he does not need to type the password of...
  9. Cannot import Autofill and passwords from Chrome to Edge

Cannot import Autofill and passwords from Chrome to Edge: Hi ! i've tried different things and googling but i simply Cannot import Autofill and passwords from Chrome to Edge Favorites are the only thing that import. i want to start using edge beacuse i've heard its faster and would like to play with it, any ideas Thank You! 111820
  10. Windows Logon: 2-Factor Biometric Authentication

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Logon: 2-Factor Biometric Authentication: I have done some reading that Windows10 will incorporate 2-factor authentication. I was wondering for Windows Logon, does Windows10 support password AND biometric (e.g. fingerprint) authentication? If so, can you provide any feedback on exactly how this is implemented?...