Windows 10: Biometric Login - "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again"

Discus and support Biometric Login - "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing the updates for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems, this message "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LionelChiam, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Biometric Login - "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again"

After installing the updates for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems, this message "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again" appears every time I try to login using fingerprint on my Huawei Matebook 13. Have since tried checking the updates for biometric devices in Device Manager, uninstall and reinstalling it, and tried unchecking the box under Power Management but none of it seem to work. Please advice, thanks!

:)

LionelChiam, Sep 19, 2021

2. biometric devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Enable Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager. If the issue still persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Reinstall drivers and compatibility mode.

I suggest you to download and install the latest drives for fingerprint sensor device from the manufacture’s website and check if it gets detected.

If the issue still persist, you may also install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

After installing the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the method 3 and check if you are able to get the sign in option with Biometric.

Method 3:

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

Biometric Devices (Windows Drivers)

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 19, 2021
  3. Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sorry for the delay in response.

I appreciate your effort in trying to fix the issue with the missing features on login screen.

1. Which security software is installed on your device?
    2. Is your device connected to domain network?

Please try the below suggested steps and check if the required sign in options are available from login screen.

Enable sign-in using PIN from group Policy editor

1. Open Local Group Policy Editor. To do so, type gpedit.msc
      in the run command (Windows + R key).
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon.
    3. In the right pane, double click on Turn on convenience PIN sign-in policy
      to edit it.
    4. Select Enabled option from Turn on convenience PIN sign-in window.
    5. Click on Apply, OK and close the window.
    6. Restart the device and check if the sign-in using PIN is available on the login screen.

Enable sign into Windows 10 using Biometrics from Local Group Policy editor

1. Open Local Group Policy Editor. To do so, type gpedit.msc
      in the run command (Windows + R key).
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Biometrics.
    3. In the right pane of Biometrics, double click on Allow users to log on using biometrics.
    4. Select Enabled option from Allow users to log on using biometrics window.
    5. Click on Apply, OK and close the window.
    6. Restart the device and check if the sign in using Biometrics is available on the login screen.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 19, 2021
  4. Biometric Login - "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again"

biometric devices

I have follow your 3 steps ,but still can't find Biometric Devices
    in device manage and control panel.

How can i know is there something wrong with the hardware?

Robert_107, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

Biometric Login - "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again"

1. Biometric Login - "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again" - Similar Threads - Biometric Login Something

2. Something went wrong, please try again with biometrics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong, please try again with biometrics: Hello,So, for some reason, every time I put my G401QC to sleep and come back and try to use biometrics, Windows gives me the error: "Something went wrong, please try again." I'm not too sure if it's a problem with the biometric device itself as it does work when I restart or...
  3. Something went wrong, please try again with biometrics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong, please try again with biometrics: Hello,So, for some reason, every time I put my G401QC to sleep and come back and try to use biometrics, Windows gives me the error: "Something went wrong, please try again." I'm not too sure if it's a problem with the biometric device itself as it does work when I restart or...
  4. Microsoft Store Error Try again later Something went wrong at our end

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Error Try again later Something went wrong at our end: Hi,about ten days ago I reinstalled my PC and installed a new GPU. I formatted all hard drives and made a clean install. MS Store worked the first days when I downloaded the weater app. Now when I try to install the 3D Builder I get the error message you can see above. I also...
  5. Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again...

Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again...: Hello! My Windows Hello Fingerprint has been working fine for the past few years I've had my Windows device, but it suddenly stopped working. Whenever I try to use it, the system shows me "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later."I tried following the...
  6. Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again...: Hello! My Windows Hello Fingerprint has been working fine for the past few years I've had my Windows device, but it suddenly stopped working. Whenever I try to use it, the system shows me "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later."I tried following the...
  7. Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again...: Hello! My Windows Hello Fingerprint has been working fine for the past few years I've had my Windows device, but it suddenly stopped working over 2 weeks ago. Whenever I try to use it, the system shows me "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later." Not sure if...
  8. "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again." version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again." version 2004: After upgrading to version 2004, and restarting this message comes up on the first screen with the background. It is a flashing message, and continues in a smaller version when I hit enter to put in my passcode. Then runs fine as far as I can tell. Jpg and 1 second mp4 in...
  9. "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again." Version 2004 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again." Version 2004 update.: After what seemed like a successful update, I get this screen while waiting for me to hit enter and enter passcode. It's a flashing message. Here is a 1 sec mp4 and a jpg of the message. Anyone seen this and have any suggestions?...
  10. Please try again, something went wrong on our end

Please try again, something went wrong on our end: So I bought Minecraft Dungeons the day it came out and tried to install it to no avail. I keep getting the same error message. At first it would actually try to install but then just stop half way and not let me continue it. It's only a couple GB but it would sit there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Something went wrong on our end please try again - Windows Hello Fingerprint