Windows 10: Biometric not working on third party apps, works only on login.

Discus and support Biometric not working on third party apps, works only on login. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit 20H2 (Build 19042.804). My computer is in domain. To make biometric work I had to add key to registry... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by karnasw, Feb 14, 2021.

1. karnasw Win User

Biometric not working on third party apps, works only on login.

Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit 20H2 (Build 19042.804). My computer is in domain. To make biometric work I had to add key to registry ([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System] "AllowDomainPINLogon"=dword:00000001) and turn on PIN in Group Policy
    Now biometric works on login but not in third party apps, for example when I want to reveal passwords in Google Chrome it asks me for password (not PIN or Fingerprint). What should I change in registry or group policy to make it work? I tried already to turn on, all options (Group Policy) in Windows Hello for Business, Logon, Biometric and nothing changed.

:)

karnasw, Feb 14, 2021
  2. karnasw Win User

Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit 20H2 (Build 19042.804). My computer is in domain. To make biometric work I had to add key to registry ([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System] "AllowDomainPINLogon"=dword:00000001) and turn on PIN in Group Policy
    Now biometric works on login but not in third party apps, for example when I want to reveal passwords in Google Chrome it asks me for password (not PIN or Fingerprint). What should I change in registry or group policy to make it work? I tried already to turn on, all options (Group Policy) in Windows Hello for Business, Logon, Biometric and nothing changed.

karnasw, Feb 14, 2021
  3. PIN/Biometric not working

Hello All,

I'm having Windows 10 installed on a lenovo laptop. My laptop was working fine untill yesterday. Today morning when I was trying to sign in, windows was showing message, "something happened and your PIN isn't available". At this time, my biometric password
    was also not working, if tried with biometric it says PIN is required to sign in. When I tried to sign in using password, it is saying incorrect password although password os correct. Basically all three ways of sign in PIN, biometric and password is not working
    and I'm unable to sign in.

Can someone please suggest a way to solve the issue without loosing data.

Thanks in advance.

Vaibhav_94, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Biometric not working on third party apps, works only on login.

PIN/Biometric is not working

Hello All,

I'm having Windows 10 installed on a lenovo laptop. My laptop was working fine untill yesterday. Today morning when I was trying to sign in, windows was showing message, "something happened and your PIN isn't available". At this time, my biometric password
    was also not working, if tried with biometric it says PIN is required to sign in. When I tried to sign in using password, it is saying incorrect password although password os correct. Basically all three ways of sign in PIN, biometric and password is not working
    and I'm unable to sign in.

Can someone please suggest a way to solve the issue without loosing data.

Thanks in advance.

Vaibhav_94, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Biometric not working on third party apps, works only on login. - Similar Threads - Biometric working third

2. My microphone isn't working with third party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone isn't working with third party apps: I have been using my laptop for several months now and my microphone has always worked fine. Today I have noticed that it is having problems.The microphone works fine on settings> sound >input. The microphone is called Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital...
  3. My microphone isn't working with third party apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone isn't working with third party apps: I have been using my laptop for several months now and my microphone has always worked fine. Today I have noticed that it is having problems.The microphone works fine on settings> sound >input. The microphone is called Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital...
  4. Biometric Login not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Biometric Login not working: I have my fingerprints setup for my laptops login but whenever I try to use it my laptop just says that I require to use my laptops set password instead, does anyone know how I can change it to work with biometrics?Some background:I was running a free trial of Avira Prime and...
  5. Biometric Login not working

Biometric Login not working: I have my fingerprints setup for my laptops login but whenever I try to use it my laptop just says that I require to use my laptops set password instead, does anyone know how I can change it to work with biometrics?Some background:I was running a free trial of Avira Prime and...
  6. Biometric Login not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Internal microphone not working in third party apps.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal microphone not working in third party apps.: Hello,My internal microphone realtek not working on my lenovo laptop in third party appsdiscord,steam, messenger. Only works on apps from microsoft store/built in apps like Recorder or Skype. My windows is up to date. Last time this happened i tried reinstalling audio drivers...
  8. Internal microphone not working in third party apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal microphone not working in third party apps.: Hello,My internal microphone realtek not working on my lenovo laptop in third party appsdiscord,steam, messenger. Only works on apps from microsoft store/built in apps like Recorder or Skype. My windows is up to date. Last time this happened i tried reinstalling audio drivers...
  9. Internal microphone not working in third party apps.

10. Biometric not working on third party apps, works only on login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Biometric not working on third party apps, works only on login.: Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit 20H2 (Build 19042.804). My computer is in domain. To make biometric work I had to add key to registry ([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System] "AllowDomainPINLogon"=dword:00000001) and turn on PIN in Group Policy...