Windows 10: Biometric problem

Discus and support Biometric problem in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Biometric detect something although I didn't touch the sensor. It says "Your devices is having trouble recognizing you. Please try again." The... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Aziz Wahyudi, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Biometric problem

Biometric detect something although I didn't touch the sensor. It says "Your devices is having trouble recognizing you. Please try again." The fingerprint is already set up. When I touch the biometric sensor, it running well. Whenever I sleep my laptop, those error continued pop up. Please help me.

:)

Aziz Wahyudi, Aug 29, 2021

2. biometric devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Enable Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager. If the issue still persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Reinstall drivers and compatibility mode.

I suggest you to download and install the latest drives for fingerprint sensor device from the manufacture’s website and check if it gets detected.

If the issue still persist, you may also install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

After installing the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the method 3 and check if you are able to get the sign in option with Biometric.

Method 3:

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

Biometric Devices (Windows Drivers)

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 29, 2021
  3. How to change from Microsoft a/c logon to biometric fingerprint logon

Hi Vince,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.
    For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

Biometric Devices (Windows Drivers)

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Aug 29, 2021
  4. Kishvand Win User

Biometric problem

Problem in Biometrics

Hello
    I made a very bad mistake, on my hp notebook with Windows Biometrics (I don't know if it's face recognition or eye scan) which used to detect my face to login I executed .reg tweaks to disable Windows Biometrics.
    Exactly this:
    --------
    ;Disable Windows Hello
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search]
    "IsWindowsHelloActive"=dword:00000000

;Disable Windows Hello Biometrics
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Biometrics]
    "Enabled"=dword:00000000

;Disable Biometrics Login
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Biometrics\Credential Provider]
    "Domain Accounts"=dword:00000000
    "Enabled"=dword:00000000
    --------
    After a restart I cannot login at all, please help I don't want and can't re-install Windows...
    Thanks *Sad

Kishvand, Aug 29, 2021
Thema:

Biometric problem

1. Biometric problem - Similar Threads - Biometric problem

2. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...: Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows Hello never finds it. On bootup the Microsoft brand Microsoft Fingerprint scanner does a quick light up and then goes dark. I've tried windows Hello. I have windows 11 Pro 10-02-22631...
  3. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...: Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows Hello never finds it. On bootup the Microsoft brand Microsoft Fingerprint scanner does a quick light up and then goes dark. I've tried windows Hello. I have windows 11 Pro 10-02-22631...
  4. Issue with Windows Biometric Framework Capture Sample for Capacitive Touch Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Biometric Framework Capture Sample for Capacitive Touch Fingerprint Sensor: I am currently working on an application that involves capturing fingerprint images using the Windows Biometric Framework Capture Sample. The application works fine with optical sensors found in laptops which require swiping the finger. However, I am encountering an issue...
  5. Issue with Windows Biometric Framework Capture Sample for Capacitive Touch Fingerprint Sensor

Issue with Windows Biometric Framework Capture Sample for Capacitive Touch Fingerprint Sensor: I am currently working on an application that involves capturing fingerprint images using the Windows Biometric Framework Capture Sample. The application works fine with optical sensors found in laptops which require swiping the finger. However, I am encountering an issue...
  6. biometric driver install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    biometric driver install: How do i install the biometric driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/biometric-driver-install/e04fdf88-0253-46e6-827e-61ce652aecbd
  7. biometric driver install

biometric driver install: How do i install the biometric driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/biometric-driver-install/e04fdf88-0253-46e6-827e-61ce652aecbd
  8. Problem of biometrics

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem of biometrics: Hello! I use a ZBook BANG & OLUFSEN Hp laptop, the biometrics feature cannot be used in my computer; even though there is a hardware for biometric scanner on my computer, it cannot be activated in the settings or does not show up in my device manager. My current windows is...
  9. Problem in Biometrics

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problem in Biometrics: Hello I made a very bad mistake, on my hp notebook with Windows Biometrics (I don't know if it's face recognition or eye scan) which used to detect my face to login I executed .reg tweaks to disable Windows Biometrics. Exactly this: -------- ;Disable Windows Hello...
  10. Problem in Biometrics

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem in Biometrics: Hello I made a very bad mistake, on my hp notebook with Windows Biometrics (I don't know if it's face recognition or eye scan) which used to detect my face to login I executed .reg tweaks to disable Windows Biometrics. Exactly this: -------- ;Disable Windows Hello...