Windows 10: Biometric Scanner

Discus and support Biometric Scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a ZKTeco Live20R biometric scanner and I am having a hard time setting it up. Also my computer doesn't have a disc drive download the drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RAVAGE1989, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Biometric Scanner

I have a ZKTeco Live20R biometric scanner and I am having a hard time setting it up. Also my computer doesn't have a disc drive download the drivers and the website is hard to navigate.

:)

RAVAGE1989, Apr 15, 2021

2. biometric devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Enable Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager. If the issue still persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Reinstall drivers and compatibility mode.

I suggest you to download and install the latest drives for fingerprint sensor device from the manufacture’s website and check if it gets detected.

If the issue still persist, you may also install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

After installing the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the method 3 and check if you are able to get the sign in option with Biometric.

Method 3:

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

Biometric Devices (Windows Drivers)

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 15, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    how to get the biometric scanner to work version 1903

tutorials: bottom links, post #2

Biometric Scanner [​IMG]

Biometric Scanner [​IMG]

Biometric Scanner [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Biometric Scanner

Fingerprint scanner stopped working

Hello Noreen, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

I recommend that you try to check if there are any hidden devices for Fingerprint Scanner under Biometric Devices. Please, take the following steps:

1. Press Windows+X keys and select Device Manager.

2. Look for View then click on the result and select Show hidden devices.

3. Look for Fingerprint drivers listed under Biometric Devices.

4. If the driver is listed there, right-click on it and then choose Update Driver.

5. Reboot the PC.

I also recommend that you check the Biometric service. Please, take the steps.

1. Press Windows+R keys and open Run.

2. Type in services.msc and click on OK.

3. Look for Windows Biometric service.

4. Double click on Windows Biometric and on the Start button to run the service.

5. Click on the drop-down menu to select the Startup type (Automatic).

6. Click on OK.

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Biometric Scanner

1. Biometric Scanner - Similar Threads - Biometric Scanner

2. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...: Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows Hello never finds it. On bootup the Microsoft brand Microsoft Fingerprint scanner does a quick light up and then goes dark. I've tried windows Hello. I have windows 11 Pro 10-02-22631...
  3. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...: Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows Hello never finds it. On bootup the Microsoft brand Microsoft Fingerprint scanner does a quick light up and then goes dark. I've tried windows Hello. I have windows 11 Pro 10-02-22631...
  4. Fingerprint scanner not showing in device manager and biometrics in settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner not showing in device manager and biometrics in settings.: I have a fingerprint reader on the back of my device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-not-showing-in-device-manager/11e7b7d2-075c-4946-bdc1-49eace4ef387
  5. Fingerprint scanner not showing in device manager and biometrics in settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint scanner not showing in device manager and biometrics in settings.: I have a fingerprint reader on the back of my device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-not-showing-in-device-manager/11e7b7d2-075c-4946-bdc1-49eace4ef387
  6. Fingerprint scanner not showing in device manager and biometrics in settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Biometric Fingerprint Scanner unrecognized by Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Biometric Fingerprint Scanner unrecognized by Windows Hello: Hi, I am using Lenovo S540-15IWL laptop with Windows 10 OS. After I updated my Windows 10 to 20H2, my fingerprint scanner stopped working. It was working fine earlier and I was able to login using fingerprint. It shows "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with...
  8. Biometric devices vanished/fingerprint scanner

Biometric devices vanished/fingerprint scanner: After 6 months of using new Lenovo laptop S740 ideapad and signing in with my fingerprint scanner it suddenly stopped working and vanished. Updated everything on Lenovo site and still missing...Yes, my windows did an update...I cannot access the Hello sign-in options as it...
  9. Biometric fingerprint scanner suggestion

Biometric fingerprint scanner suggestion: I would like if Windows Hello added some way for me to use my fingerprint scanner to login to my computer games Everquest 2, Diablo 3 and future versions. If I could just swipe my fingerprint and get in my games faster that would be AWESOME! Oh and add a topic for...
  10. how to get the biometric scanner to work version 1903

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to get the biometric scanner to work version 1903: i have the 1903 version and the fingerprint scanner and i have synaptics driver for this scanner installed. also i have the fingerprint in setting showing along with the password installed. when i go to scan my print it fails and tells me to start over. so what migh be...