Windows 10: Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login

Discus and support Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Been set it up facial recognition/fingerprint (windows hello) in our domain join machines (Windows 10 1607/1709). After Restarting or shutdown the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by marlvill, Sep 6, 2018.

1. marlvill Win User

Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login

Hi,
    Been set it up facial recognition/fingerprint (windows hello) in our domain join machines (Windows 10 1607/1709). After Restarting or shutdown the machine, the options for both are not showing as options in first windows login screen. only the normal windows login. But after a normal login to windows, then both options for biometric login are active and working (lock and sign-out.) Is this is normal behavior now in windows 10 1607/1709??? In windows 10 1511, this is not the case.. hoping for your feedback. thanks

:)

marlvill, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Windows Hello is not an option in my Sign-in window. Please help?

Hello Adyn, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Windows Hello is for biometrics (fingerprint and facial recognition). Since you don't show a fingerprint reader or facial recognition (Intel F200 webcam), you won't see Windows Hello listed on the right side in your screenshot.

Brink, Sep 6, 2018
  3. MatthewStarling Win User
    Windows Hello Facial Login

Hello. I have a Lenovo Yoga 710, 15in, Intel i7 laptop with Windows 10 Home installed on it. I am currently using the fingerprint ID to login and would like to know if I can use the facial recognition to login under Windows Hello? It only gives me the
    fingerprint option right now. I have looked but can't find anything saying this model isn't able to use the facial recog feature. Can anyone help? Thanks...

MatthewStarling, Sep 6, 2018
  4. BGP57 Win User

Windows hello fingerprint

Hi Thanks for your reply

HP ENVY Notebook - 13-d004na (ENERGY STAR)

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

• Reset Facial Recognition and/or Fingerprint Options – done and rebooted
    • GPedit – downloaded (not readily available on Home version) and Biometrics and Facial set as your comments
    • 3. Update drivers -
    You mention “Locate the
    Hello
    , webcam, and fingerprint” drivers – The only reference I can find for Hello Drivers is for “Business” see below

Webcam and Fingerprint drivers deleted and reinstalled – I did have the lastest drivers

All completed but still have problem – In the past when I have had this problem a factory reset cured the issue but I think this time I’m beaten

Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login 6d1c9a43-853a-41b6-b360-cbf7868ea33d.png

BGP57, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login - Similar Threads - Biometric Window Hello

2. Windows Hello does not show me facial recognition set up after removing it.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello does not show me facial recognition set up after removing it.: I just updated my SP4 a couple weeks ago and the facial recognition sign-in stopped working. Under the setting -> Sign-in options it says "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown. After I saw that I tried multiple methods to fix it. 1. I tried the device...
  3. windows hello/fingerprint not allowing setup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows hello/fingerprint not allowing setup: win10 enterprise - new machine that i'm setting up - xps 9560. so - if i try to set up a fingerprint, i just get a flash screen of something opening/closing - too fast to screen-capture or see. yes, i have the synaptics drivers and they appear to be working by device...
  4. Software/hardware requirements for Windows Hello Facial recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Software/hardware requirements for Windows Hello Facial recognition: Hi, I am considering develop an security software so that a user can use facial recognition to login in. To my knowledge, it would be a Windows Hello solution(https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-hello). However, I was wondering: 1. Can we use common...
  5. Fingerprint windows hello

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint windows hello: Just got a new HP envy 13. I am trying to set up fingerprint reading login in Windows Hello. I click set up then get started on the next menu, the get started button disappears and the menu remains and doesn't change. I have set up a pin and password and it doesn't prompt me...
  6. Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login

Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login: Hi, Been set it up facial recognition/fingerprint (windows hello) in our domain join machines (Windows 10 1607/1709). After Restarting or shutdown the machine, the options for both are not showing as options in first windows login screen. only the normal windows login. But...
  7. Windows Hello, facial recognition issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Hello, facial recognition issue: I have an issue related to the Windows Hello signing in. It says "Couldn't access the camera". I tried removing and reinstalling this feature but the pop-up keeps coming up. I use Lenovo IdeaPad 500 with Windows 10 installed. I know for sure that my camera, drivers, and...
  8. windows hello fingerprint not working after 20-30sec in login screen

windows hello fingerprint not working after 20-30sec in login screen: if i go idle for 15 seconds or more in log in screen.. windows hello wont read my fingerprint..like my reader stops working....fingerprint is still in my login option but no reaction everytime i try to swipe my finger in the reader.. i am sure that the reader is working fin...
  9. Windows Hello in Token, a biometric ring

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Hello in Token, a biometric ring: Leveraging Windows Hello technology, this new biometric ring helps eliminate the need for passwords. [img] There’s a good chance you’ve received an email today saying, “Congratulations, you’ve won!” or that “Your friend has tagged a photo of you” on a social...
  10. Windows Hello brings biometric security to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Hello brings biometric security to Windows 10: While not yet present in the technical preview of Windows 10, a new feature called Windows Hello will bring biometric security to Windows 10 in a native format, essentially eliminating the need for passwords. Instead, you'll be able to log into your Windows device using your...