Windows 10: Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login

Discus and support Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Been set it up facial recognition/fingerprint (windows hello) in our domain join machines (Windows 10 1607/1709). After Restarting or shutdown the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by marlvill, Sep 6, 2018.

1. marlvill Win User

Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login

Hi,
    Been set it up facial recognition/fingerprint (windows hello) in our domain join machines (Windows 10 1607/1709). After Restarting or shutdown the machine, the options for both are not showing as options in first windows login screen. only the normal windows login. But after a normal login to windows, then both options for biometric login are active and working (lock and sign-out.) Is this is normal behavior now in windows 10 1607/1709??? In windows 10 1511, this is not the case.. hoping for your feedback. thanks

:)

marlvill, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Windows Hello is not an option in my Sign-in window. Please help?

Hello Adyn, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Windows Hello is for biometrics (fingerprint and facial recognition). Since you don't show a fingerprint reader or facial recognition (Intel F200 webcam), you won't see Windows Hello listed on the right side in your screenshot.

Brink, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Windows Hello Facial Login

Hello. I have a Lenovo Yoga 710, 15in, Intel i7 laptop with Windows 10 Home installed on it. I am currently using the fingerprint ID to login and would like to know if I can use the facial recognition to login under Windows Hello? It only gives me the
    fingerprint option right now. I have looked but can't find anything saying this model isn't able to use the facial recog feature. Can anyone help? Thanks...

MatthewStarling, Sep 6, 2018
  4. BGP57 Win User

Windows hello fingerprint

Hi Thanks for your reply

HP ENVY Notebook - 13-d004na (ENERGY STAR)

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

• Reset Facial Recognition and/or Fingerprint Options – done and rebooted
    • GPedit – downloaded (not readily available on Home version) and Biometrics and Facial set as your comments
    • 3. Update drivers -
    You mention “Locate the
    Hello
    , webcam, and fingerprint” drivers – The only reference I can find for Hello Drivers is for “Business” see below

Webcam and Fingerprint drivers deleted and reinstalled – I did have the lastest drivers

All completed but still have problem – In the past when I have had this problem a factory reset cured the issue but I think this time I’m beaten

Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login 6d1c9a43-853a-41b6-b360-cbf7868ea33d.png

BGP57, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login - Similar Threads - Biometric Window Hello

2. Windows Hello fingerprint, facial recognition, and PIN is not available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello fingerprint, facial recognition, and PIN is not available.: I am not able to use the said features because I am getting an error message that they are not available. When I click, is says something went wrong, try again later. I already updated my drivers and the OS is up to date....
  3. Windows Hello fingerprint, facial recognition, and PIN is not available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello fingerprint, facial recognition, and PIN is not available.: I am not able to use the said features because I am getting an error message that they are not available. When I click, is says something went wrong, try again later. I already updated my drivers and the OS is up to date....
  4. Biometric Fingerprint Scanner unrecognized by Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Biometric Fingerprint Scanner unrecognized by Windows Hello: Hi, I am using Lenovo S540-15IWL laptop with Windows 10 OS. After I updated my Windows 10 to 20H2, my fingerprint scanner stopped working. It was working fine earlier and I was able to login using fingerprint. It shows "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with...
  5. windows hello / biometric fingerprint sensors

windows hello / biometric fingerprint sensors: My Windows was not getting the first update, due to which I updated the Windows 10 Pro offline, but now in settings, Windows hello and fingerprint sensor biometric service is not working in the account sign Please help me...
  6. Deleting Windows Hello Facial Recognition and Windows Hello Fingerprint

Deleting Windows Hello Facial Recognition and Windows Hello Fingerprint: I want to delete both facial recognition and fingerprint in windows hello and just keep pin. How is this done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-windows-hello-facial-recognition-and/2a46068a-4136-4467-914b-f1eaac9fa3aa
  7. Hello facial reconition,fingerprint reconition

Hello facial reconition,fingerprint reconition: Hello, my name is Kimberly and I would like to know how to use fingerprint and hello facial. I have a Dell Inspiron desktop Windows 10. Hope you can help. my email- *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Thank You...
  8. Windows hello facial recognition has stopped working,biometrics missing.

Windows hello facial recognition has stopped working,biometrics missing.: Window Hello facial recognition has stopped working .I have tried all the advice I can find on the web to fix it ,but have managed to remove the biometrics from the device manager list. I've searched for a replacement download but couldn't find anything. I'm using a Surface...
  9. Windows Hello Fingerprint Login

Windows Hello Fingerprint Login: I have an Ideapad 710S Plus-13IKB Signature Edition running Windows 10 Home V1803. Recently the fingerprint login option disappeared and I am forced to use either password or pin. In the settings under login options it says that Windows Hello isn't available for my device....
  10. Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login: Hi, Been set it up facial recognition/fingerprint (windows hello) in our domain join machines (Windows 10 1607/1709). After Restarting or shutdown the machine, the options for both are not showing as options in first windows login screen. only the normal windows login. But...