Windows 10: biometrics missing in device manager windows 10 hp desktop

Discus and support biometrics missing in device manager windows 10 hp desktop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have an all in one HP desktop that has a camera which works with hello windows facial recognition, or it did. after one of the last updates, windows... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by cpa2222, Sep 16, 2019.

1. cpa2222 Win User

biometrics missing in device manager windows 10 hp desktop

I have an all in one HP desktop that has a camera which works with hello windows facial recognition, or it did. after one of the last updates, windows said it couldn't turn on camera, and i used my pin. when i went to the account sign in option, i tried to redo the facial recognition, but the camera froze with the little white pixels moving around on face, as if it were recognizing me. kept doing it for over 3 minutes, so i closed out, went to device manager and checked to see any yellow marks. None. One poster said to remove and windows would recognize and reinstall. I did, but nothing has been reinstalled for the biometrics software, and now, the windows sign in options tell me there is no qualified camera.

How do i get the biometrics function to appear again on the computer?

:)

cpa2222, Sep 16, 2019

2. biometric devices

I cannot find anything on my computer under biometric devices- it is not listed in device manager. The driver is completely missing.

I recently upgraded from window 8.1 to windows 10- i cannot find the option to sign in with fingerprint. Can someone help me with this?

Can I download this device?

MiriamCarey, Sep 16, 2019
  3. biometric devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Enable Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager. If the issue still persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Reinstall drivers and compatibility mode.

I suggest you to download and install the latest drives for fingerprint sensor device from the manufacture’s website and check if it gets detected.

If the issue still persist, you may also install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

After installing the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the method 3 and check if you are able to get the sign in option with Biometric.

Method 3:

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

Biometric Devices (Windows Drivers)

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 16, 2019
  4. biometrics missing in device manager windows 10 hp desktop

Biometrics missing in Device Manager

Would appreciate any support from anyone.

Issue
    After updating Windows 10 to version 1903, windows hello (face) no longer worked. instead it would say "looking for you" and eventually display that it could not find me. I then located sign in options and clicked on "remove" and "get started" but nothing
    would happen - the buttons never done anything.

I then tried entering Device Manager and uninstalled my "biometrics" section (not ticking the box to remove it from my system) and scanned for hardware changes after a restart. However this left my biometrics uninstalled and now missing. Now I've ran into
    another issue where biometrics would not appear in device manager at all and within sign in options it states "Face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device." and face is no longer an option within the start screen.

What I've already Done

What i've done is enabling biometrics from gpedit and tried driver update detecting software; all didn't resolve my issue. Windows Hello (Face) has worked before, it is compatible so I don't understand what I should do from here.

Throwaway23562368, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

biometrics missing in device manager windows 10 hp desktop

1. biometrics missing in device manager windows 10 hp desktop - Similar Threads - biometrics missing device

2. Biometric Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Biometric Devices: I cannot get fingerprint and facial recognition to work. They are both unavailable under sign in options. I opened device manager and Biometric devices are hidden. How do I unhid them? I have checked for updates and uninstalled drivers and reinstalled them, but the problem...
  3. Biometric Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Biometric Devices: I cannot get fingerprint and facial recognition to work. They are both unavailable under sign in options. I opened device manager and Biometric devices are hidden. How do I unhid them? I have checked for updates and uninstalled drivers and reinstalled them, but the problem...
  4. Biometric missing or Uninstalled Biometric device using Device Manager

in Windows 10 News
    Biometric missing or Uninstalled Biometric device using Device Manager: [ATTACH]If the Biometric device driver is missing in your system’s Device Manager or you have uninstalled it accidentally, this post will help you restore it. You might have seen that Windows 10 provides users with some additional sign-in options, like Windows Hello...
  5. No Biometric Devices in Device manager.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No Biometric Devices in Device manager.: hello, My hp pro book computer doesn't have biometric devices in device manager.Even when I select show hidden devices it does not appear.What should I do? [ATTACH]...
  6. biometric devices missing

biometric devices missing: after a windows update windows hello facial recognition stopped working. Have to sign in with pin. I have researched with google and you tube and tried a lot of fixes. Nothing fixes the problem. Windows no longer recognizes that my camera can be used with Hello....
  7. Biometrics missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Biometrics missing in Device Manager: Would appreciate any support from anyone. Issue After updating Windows 10 to version 1903, windows hello (face) no longer worked. instead it would say "looking for you" and eventually display that it could not find me. I then located sign in options and clicked on "remove"...
  8. windows 10 hello biometrics are missing from device management

windows 10 hello biometrics are missing from device management: the windows 10 hello biometrics are missing from device management they was there in device management but it had a issue I uninstalled it and now it wont reinstall it I was able to use Hello with my Xbox One Kinect and now I cant get to work again, I tried everything and...
  9. biometric devices is not found in the device manager, Windows 10 - Voyo V3 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    biometric devices is not found in the device manager, Windows 10 - Voyo V3 Pro: Hey guys, I wonder if anyone can help. I have a Voyo V3 Pro, but I've had no luck getting the finger print scanner to work. It doesn't show in the device manager at all (under biometrics). I heard this may be a windows Home thing, so I upgraded to Pro, but this hasn't...
  10. Biometric devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Biometric devices: I have read all kinds of neat techie things about the new facial recognition and iris screening capabilities of Windows 10, but when I run a search on either illuminated IR iris sensor or Intel RealSense 3D all I get are articles discussing same whether in Bing or Google, yet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 biometric for desktop

2. biometric drivers missing

3. hp omen biometric missing from device manager