Windows 10: Biometrics security

Discus and support Biometrics security in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I’m looking for help with biometric security, has anybody tried to use fingerprint technology to identify palm handprints?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MichaelTwist, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Biometrics security

I’m looking for help with biometric security, has anybody tried to use fingerprint technology to identify palm handprints?

:)

MichaelTwist, Oct 10, 2021

2. biometric devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Enable Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager. If the issue still persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Reinstall drivers and compatibility mode.

I suggest you to download and install the latest drives for fingerprint sensor device from the manufacture’s website and check if it gets detected.

If the issue still persist, you may also install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

After installing the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the method 3 and check if you are able to get the sign in option with Biometric.

Method 3:

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

Biometric Devices (Windows Drivers)

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 10, 2021
  3. How to change from Microsoft a/c logon to biometric fingerprint logon

Hi Vince,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.
    For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

Biometric Devices (Windows Drivers)

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 10, 2021
  4. Vladimir Win User

Biometrics security

Vladimir, Oct 10, 2021
Thema:

Biometrics security

1. Biometrics security - Similar Threads - Biometrics security

2. Asking for biometrics for a site I've had opened out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking for biometrics for a site I've had opened out of nowhere.: Should I be concerned that it should've been asking me? What is the reason why it's doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asking-for-biometrics-for-a-site-ive-had-opened/a1664a86-f711-440f-aa10-7497ab5bafb3
  3. Asking for biometrics for a site I've had opened out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asking for biometrics for a site I've had opened out of nowhere.: Should I be concerned that it should've been asking me? What is the reason why it's doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asking-for-biometrics-for-a-site-ive-had-opened/a1664a86-f711-440f-aa10-7497ab5bafb3
  4. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...: Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows Hello never finds it. On bootup the Microsoft brand Microsoft Fingerprint scanner does a quick light up and then goes dark. I've tried windows Hello. I have windows 11 Pro 10-02-22631...
  5. Windows security missing biometric options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security missing biometric options: Hi, I have an issue with the biometric security options of my laptop: although I can access Windows through Windows Hello face recognition and fingerprint, I do not find this option when the Windows Security popup ask my password for instance, in chrome when I want to access...
  6. Windows security missing biometric options

Windows security missing biometric options: Hi, I have an issue with the biometric security options of my laptop: although I can access Windows through Windows Hello face recognition and fingerprint, I do not find this option when the Windows Security popup ask my password for instance, in chrome when I want to access...
  7. Biometrics security

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Biometrics security: I’m looking for help with biometric security, has anybody tried to use fingerprint technology to identify palm handprints? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/biometrics-security/9b1614ce-afba-4197-a0e5-f36aec5c68a6
  8. Biometrics security

Biometrics security: I’m looking for help with biometric security, has anybody tried to use fingerprint technology to identify palm handprints? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/biometrics-security/9b1614ce-afba-4197-a0e5-f36aec5c68a6
  9. Windows Hello brings biometric security to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Hello brings biometric security to Windows 10: While not yet present in the technical preview of Windows 10, a new feature called Windows Hello will bring biometric security to Windows 10 in a native format, essentially eliminating the need for passwords. Instead, you'll be able to log into your Windows device using your...
  10. Microsoft makes biometrics focal point for Windows 10 security

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft makes biometrics focal point for Windows 10 security: Microsoft makes biometrics focal point for Windows 10 security With Windows 10, you’ll have more options for password protection. In a recent blog post, Microsoft announced they’ll support new Fast Identity Online Alliance (FIDO) standards, which they also helped...