Windows 10: BIOS and installing Windows

Discus and support BIOS and installing Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I need to install Windows (on a new(ish) disk) on a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12. When I try to start up the laptop I get an error “Remove disks or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mystokie, Oct 30, 2019.

1. mystokie Win User

BIOS and installing Windows

Hi, I need to install Windows (on a new(ish) disk) on a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12. When I try to start up the laptop I get an error “Remove disks or other media. Press…”

I am now trying to use the BIOS to change the boot order so that the USB can be used to reinstall Windows. Annoyingly I can’t work out how to change the boot order:

I go to “Startup” – There are only 2 options: “Boot”: which gives 1. USB CD, 2. USB FDD, …, 5. USB HDD Kingston DataTransfer”, - I am not able to make any changes, and “Boot Model”: which has “Diagnostics” and Simple.

In the “Security” section there is “Security Boot”’: which has “Hard disk1 password” – set to enabled, and “Password Status” – set to Disabled.

In the “Config” section, the only thing that looks appropriate is “USB UEFI BIOS Support” is set to Enabled

(I have listed the parts that I think are relevant?)

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

The BIOS is JEET73WW (1.22).

:)

mystokie, Oct 30, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 30, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Oct 30, 2019
  4. BIOS and installing Windows

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

BIOS and installing Windows

1. BIOS and installing Windows - Similar Threads - BIOS installing

2. cannot get recovery disk to install fresh windows version, get set back through BIOS endlessly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot get recovery disk to install fresh windows version, get set back through BIOS endlessly: I'm trying to migrate Windows from an SSD (120GB) to a new larger SSD (1TB). The internet is of course full of ways to do this, and I originally tried cloning the drive (via easeUS and similar tools), but all gave me one error or another. I decided that I was okay with a...
  3. Auto Bios dwnld and install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Bios dwnld and install: while my asus laptop was updateing my system (MS 10) the screen went dark for a period of time and i pressed the space bar to see if the install was finished, I immediatlly got a info screen telling me my Bios was being updated, and warned "dont turn off power", im not new...
  4. How to install windows on ubuntu without bios setup

How to install windows on ubuntu without bios setup: I am running ubuntu on my computer right now and I want change it to windows so tell me how to install windows on my computer WHITOUT USB or cd/dvd instead like media creation tool on windows...
  5. Newly installed hard drive does show up in BIOS but not in windows.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Newly installed hard drive does show up in BIOS but not in windows.: I recently installed a new hard drive in my pc and in the BIOS it shows up as a hard drive but when I try to find it in windows it's nowhere to be found. I've tried looking in disk manager and formatting it but the drive doesn't show up there the only place that it is...
  6. unable to install media feature pack and BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to install media feature pack and BIOS: I am using windows 10 pro N 1903 version, the issue is I can't install Microsoft media features pack and the bios driver. whenever I want to play some online video it asks me for a media features pack. please help me....
  7. Do i need to disable Fastboot from bios before clean install windows10

Do i need to disable Fastboot from bios before clean install windows10: I have ASUS FX505DT Ryzen 5 Laptop. Before i begin reinstalling my windows, do i need to disable fastboot from bios? 139268
  8. Do i need to disable Fastboot from bios before clean install windows 1

Do i need to disable Fastboot from bios before clean install windows 1: I have ASUS FX505DT Ryzen 5 Laptop. Before i begin reinstalling my windows, do i need to disable fastboot from bios? 139268
  9. Windows 10 Installation Freezes After BIOS Boot

Windows 10 Installation Freezes After BIOS Boot: Hello, I just finished building a new PC build, so I am now trying to install 64-bit Windows 10 via USB Drive. The PC will post and show the BIOS screen but it freezes shortly after that once the Windows loading dial shows up. I am unsure what to do at this point. I've...
  10. Restore windows from a bios installation in a uefi installation

Restore windows from a bios installation in a uefi installation: Hi, I have an MSI Laptop with windows 10 installed in dual boot with ubuntu. I want to switch to UEFI can I make a system backup image on an external hdd and install this in UEFI mode?...