Windows 10: BIOS and installing Windows

Discus and support BIOS and installing Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I need to install Windows (on a new(ish) disk) on a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12. When I try to start up the laptop I get an error “Remove disks or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mystokie, Oct 30, 2019.

1. mystokie Win User

BIOS and installing Windows

Hi, I need to install Windows (on a new(ish) disk) on a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12. When I try to start up the laptop I get an error “Remove disks or other media. Press…”

I am now trying to use the BIOS to change the boot order so that the USB can be used to reinstall Windows. Annoyingly I can’t work out how to change the boot order:

I go to “Startup” – There are only 2 options: “Boot”: which gives 1. USB CD, 2. USB FDD, …, 5. USB HDD Kingston DataTransfer”, - I am not able to make any changes, and “Boot Model”: which has “Diagnostics” and Simple.

In the “Security” section there is “Security Boot”’: which has “Hard disk1 password” – set to enabled, and “Password Status” – set to Disabled.

In the “Config” section, the only thing that looks appropriate is “USB UEFI BIOS Support” is set to Enabled

(I have listed the parts that I think are relevant?)

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

The BIOS is JEET73WW (1.22).

:)

mystokie, Oct 30, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 30, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Oct 30, 2019
  4. BIOS and installing Windows

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

BIOS and installing Windows

1. BIOS and installing Windows - Similar Threads - BIOS installing

2. Cannot install window from bios Asus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install window from bios Asus: Hi, I need some help with installing Windows on my gaming computer. I was reinstalling window 11 on my computer it didn't reinstall properly it just stuck on the Asus logo didn’t go through after that computer did not turn on so I tried reinstalling window10 from bios with...
  3. Cannot install window from bios Asus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install window from bios Asus: Hi, I need some help with installing Windows on my gaming computer. I was reinstalling window 11 on my computer it didn't reinstall properly it just stuck on the Asus logo didn’t go through after that computer did not turn on so I tried reinstalling window10 from bios with...
  4. Cannot install window from bios Asus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hi, my hardrive is not installing it keeps taking me to BIOS settings but it's saying drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, my hardrive is not installing it keeps taking me to BIOS settings but it's saying drive...: Cecilie Muvangua https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-hardrive-is-not-installing-it-keeps-taking/df6f31c5-ffc6-43c0-a904-0f1c95fa2cf9
  6. Hi, my hardrive is not installing it keeps taking me to BIOS settings but it's saying drive...

Hi, my hardrive is not installing it keeps taking me to BIOS settings but it's saying drive...: Cecilie Muvangua https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-hardrive-is-not-installing-it-keeps-taking/df6f31c5-ffc6-43c0-a904-0f1c95fa2cf9
  7. New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.: Hello! I'm trying to install a new SSD in my Yoga laptop. I am using the Windows 10 media creation tool on a USB stick. On my first attempt, everything seemed to be going right, and the drive was visible when I got to the point to select an installation location. It started...
  8. New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.

New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.: Hello! I'm trying to install a new SSD in my Yoga laptop. I am using the Windows 10 media creation tool on a USB stick. On my first attempt, everything seemed to be going right, and the drive was visible when I got to the point to select an installation location. It started...
  9. New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Can't boot into bios after installing new gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't boot into bios after installing new gpu: I just installed a gpu into my pc, but after setting it up it didn't appear in task manager. So I was gonna enable my gpu in bios that's what I was told to do when I went searching around. However when I go through the suggested route left shift and restarting there is no...