Windows 10: Bios Battery

Discus and support Bios Battery in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win 10 pro 64bit Hi This post is indirectly linked to my post on Hardware updating. My thoughts on this were prompted by the battery on my current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mexicanpete, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Bios Battery

Win 10 pro 64bit

Hi

This post is indirectly linked to my post on Hardware updating. My thoughts on this were prompted by the battery on my current computer's motherboard running out of charge (yes it is quite old but still works pretty well).

Changing the battery was simple enough and whilst I knew that the bios would need resetting what I didn't fully appreciate is the extent that the motherboard contains details about the Windows 10 licence.

Fortunately I had unknowingly installed Win 10 with the bios set with secure boot off. The factory reset condition was with secure boot on and therefore I was unable to boot up after changing the battery.

After a while I managed to reset the BIOS to secure boot off and everything then worked fine.

My objective in this post is twofold. Firstly if I had set up with secure boot on (ie the disc expected to see details of the Win 10 activation key on the motherboard) would I ever have been able to boot that disc up again.

Secondly when using secure boot is there any procedure available to change the BIOS battery so that the information stored in the BIOS remains intact and the boot up proceeds normally after a battery change.

Many thanks in advance for members contributions

:)

Mexicanpete, Oct 18, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Bios Battery pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Bios Battery

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Bios Battery pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Bios Battery

1. Bios Battery - Similar Threads - Bios Battery

2. After Windows update and BIOS update fTPM needs reset, battery draining overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows update and BIOS update fTPM needs reset, battery draining overnight: I’m having all kinds of problems with my one year old Dell laptop running Windows 11 Home, 22H2, AMD Ryzen 5 processor. It started after a couple different updates, Windows KB5033375 12/14/23 and Dell BIOS 1.13.0 12/17/23 First I got this message right after BIOS was...
  3. After Windows update and BIOS update fTPM needs reset, battery draining overnight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows update and BIOS update fTPM needs reset, battery draining overnight: I’m having all kinds of problems with my one year old Dell laptop running Windows 11 Home, 22H2, AMD Ryzen 5 processor. It started after a couple different updates, Windows KB5033375 12/14/23 and Dell BIOS 1.13.0 12/17/23 First I got this message right after BIOS was...
  4. Bios cant update due to me having no battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bios cant update due to me having no battery: I have an extensa 251-51g and i accidentally pressed the update system firmware when i checked for available updates not really knowing what it is then when i restarted i got greeted by upgrade process has been suspended because i need to have my battery at 25% but i dont...
  5. Bios cant update due to me having no battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios cant update due to me having no battery: I have an extensa 251-51g and i accidentally pressed the update system firmware when i checked for available updates not really knowing what it is then when i restarted i got greeted by upgrade process has been suspended because i need to have my battery at 25% but i dont...
  6. Bios cant update due to me having no battery

7. Battery problem. Thinkpad X280. Productnumber: 20KES0Y727, BIOS-version: N20ET66W 1.51

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery problem. Thinkpad X280. Productnumber: 20KES0Y727, BIOS-version: N20ET66W 1.51: HiI have replaced the original battery 3 months ago, and it has worked well until recently.Now the battery indicator says 100% but as soon as I disconnect the powercord, the system locks down.I have used Lenovo vantage to check the battery, and everything seems to be fine.I...
  8. Battery problem. Thinkpad X280. Productnumber: 20KES0Y727, BIOS-version: N20ET66W 1.51

Battery problem. Thinkpad X280. Productnumber: 20KES0Y727, BIOS-version: N20ET66W 1.51: HiI have replaced the original battery 3 months ago, and it has worked well until recently.Now the battery indicator says 100% but as soon as I disconnect the powercord, the system locks down.I have used Lenovo vantage to check the battery, and everything seems to be fine.I...
  9. Changing battery charging limits using BIOS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing battery charging limits using BIOS.: I recently got a Surface Studio with an i5 Itel core. I knew from the get-go that I should limit charging the battery, so I searched for a solution and came up with an obscure suggestion to change the bios, which I did and while it works well, it limits charging to 50%. I...
  10. Changing battery charging limits using BIOS.

Changing battery charging limits using BIOS.: I recently got a Surface Studio with an i5 Itel core. I knew from the get-go that I should limit charging the battery, so I searched for a solution and came up with an obscure suggestion to change the bios, which I did and while it works well, it limits charging to 50%. I...