Windows 10: Bios Boot menu problem.

Discus and support Bios Boot menu problem. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; my msconfig shows only windows option as below [img] But bcdedit /enum firmware shows ubuntu as below [img] Even after doing bcdedit /delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lvgandhi, Mar 21, 2020.

1. lvgandhi Win User

Bios Boot menu problem.

my msconfig shows only windows option as below

Bios Boot menu problem. [​IMG]

But bcdedit /enum firmware shows ubuntu as below

Bios Boot menu problem. [​IMG]

Even after doing bcdedit /delete {identifier},
    after reboot, bcdedit /enum firmware shows ubuntu.
    Bios also shows ubuntu option. I do not have ubuntu now in any partition.
    What to do get rid of ubuntu option?

:)

lvgandhi, Mar 21, 2020

2. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Ravenas Win User
    Boot menu question

Hey guys I'm trying to run windows repair on my computer by booting my computer from the vista CD, problem is the boot menu doesn't detect my USB keyboard. Are there any options in bios that will make the mobo detect my keyboard in boot menu? I don't have an analog keyboard on hand so this problem is quite annoying. *Bang Head :banghead:

Ravenas, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Bios Boot menu problem.

Windows 10 will only boot if selected from the BIOS boot menu.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• You mean to say, every time you need to make changes to Boot Order in BIOS, to start your computer correctly?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suspect that the problem might be due to outdated BIOS update
    or with Boot Configuration data. Suggest you to check for the latest BIOS update and Chipset drivers for your device hardware on Manufacturer website. If you find a new one, try to update the same to see if it correct
    the issue. If problem still persist, then I suggest to rebuild Boot Configuration Data to see if it makes any difference.

Let us try to repair your computer by creating a Windows 10 Bootable media (I.e. USB or DVD) using
    Media Creation Tool.
    Use your computer or some other connected to Internet for creating a Bootable media (Windows 10 ISO image file). Once you're ready with Bootable Media, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Insert the Windows installation disc in the disc drive or connect USB media, and then start the computer.
    • Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.

If your PC does not detect the media automatically
      • During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
      • Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled Boot Order,
        Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
        Boot Order, then press Enter.
      • Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press Enter. The boot order
        sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
      • Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    • Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click
      Next
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Select
      Advanced Options > Command Prompt
      under Advanced Options.
    • Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd, and then press
      ENTER.
      This command will rebuild boot configuration data if in case any issue with Boot files causing this issue.

Once you done with the above steps, see if the problem still persist.

Let us know how it went.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Bios Boot menu problem.

1. Bios Boot menu problem. - Similar Threads - Bios Boot menu

2. Related to BIOS boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Related to BIOS boot menu: I have downloaded ISO file from Microsoft site :- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISOAnd I used Rufus to make flash USB bootable drive.What is this error.Should I disable boot security....
  3. Windows boot manager not showing in the bios boot menu.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows boot manager not showing in the bios boot menu.: My PC had preintsalled Windows 10UEFI.Last month,I installed some linux operating systems in my pcLegacy.So,I know that windows won't show on the grub boot menu.To start windows,I should go to the boot menu and select the "windows boot manager".Yesterday,I installed another...
  4. SSD not showing in BIOS Boot Menu

SSD not showing in BIOS Boot Menu: Hello everyone, my laptop came with windows installed in HDD. I decided to buy SSD and install Windows in it. With the help of USB boot device, I formatted the hard drive and installed Windows on SSD, but forgot to format the reserved partition of HDD. Now SSD doesn't show up...
  5. BIOS/Boot manager problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIOS/Boot manager problem: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zoenvisje [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jj6mb8/biosboot_manager_problem/
  6. BIOS boot problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BIOS boot problem: Error sending End of Post message to ME: HECI disabled, proceeding with boot ? How do I fix this in my BIOS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-boot-problem/f4381914-b85a-4bda-b65a-89261322b6a2
  7. Cannot enter BIOS and/or boot menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot enter BIOS and/or boot menu: Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone can help me with a little situation that I'm having... So I want to do a complete fresh install of Windows 10, but I'm having major difficulties. I have used the Windows Media Creation Tool to make my bootable Windows 10 USB but I...
  8. Unable to Boot into UEFI BIOS Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Boot into UEFI BIOS Menu: Recently I wanted to install a Virtual Machine onto my computer, which for my VM requires me to change a setting in the UEFI BIOS menu for it to work. When i tried to load into the UEFI menu, with Settings->Update and Security->Recovery->Advanced Start-up->Restart Now and...
  9. Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu: Belarc reports UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. P11-B2 Operating System: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1511 (build 10586.494) Installed: 4/27/2016 5:58:22 AM Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB) Boot Mode: UEFI with successful Secure Boot. This is my brother’s computer:...
  10. Boot Menu Problem

Boot Menu Problem: I have my Dell laptop configured to show a boot menu with three options for three seconds before booting Windows 10. The options are boot Windows 10 normally, boot Window 10 Safe Mode and boot to Macrium Reflect Recovery (see below). I updated the BIOS a few days ago since...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. american megatrends bios 2020 unable to boot from cd