Windows 10: BIOS Boot order

Discus and support BIOS Boot order in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I could not find an option under Boot Options, in the BIOS, of my P57W computer to boot off an optical or thumb drive. How the hell am I to boot off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepegotme, Apr 17, 2016.

1. pepegotme Win User

BIOS Boot order

I could not find an option under Boot Options, in the BIOS, of my P57W computer to boot off an optical or thumb drive.
    How the hell am I to boot off these devices when I cannot see them in the BIOS? Gigabyte documentation, or the lack thereof, SUCKS big time. I finally found that you place the Windows 10 disk in the drive. Then boot, pressing F12. Now, I see what the BIOS does not-choices to boot from. I can select my image backup, from the list, and restore it to the computer should the need arise.

:)

pepegotme, Apr 17, 2016
  2. azengel Win User

BIOS Boot Order

I installed Windows 10 and made a recovery disc on a flash drive.
    I tried booting from the flash drive but it
    didn’t boot so I opened the BIOS to reset the boot sequence.
    When I opened the BIOS, I didn’t see the flash drive option.
    I did this when the flash out and inserted.
    The options in the BIOS are:

1st CD-ROM

2nd HDD

3rd Floppy Group

4th Network Boot Group

How can I make the flash drive the first option in case I need to use the recovery drive?

I using an HP p6719c desktop with a AMD Phenom II X4 840T processor.
    I also have a Netgear R7000 router with two USB ports.
    Would using one of these ports work under the “Network Boot Group” above.

azengel, Apr 17, 2016
  3. BIOS Boot Order

See your duplicated post here.

Frederik Long, Apr 17, 2016
Thema:

BIOS Boot order

1. BIOS Boot order - Similar Threads - BIOS Boot order

2. Changing Boot Order

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Boot Order: Having found my way into the BIOS to change the boot order I am faced with 4 options. Which one do I select? I want the PC to call first on a USB Recovery Drive, created with Macrium Reflect. Should I go back to BIOS to make a note of the options and list them here, as I...
  3. Win 10 Boot Order

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Boot Order: Just got my new Win 10 all setup and working very nicely. Concerned about the ability to boot using a usb or dvd device if there's ever hdd problems. My HP boot order shows UEFI Boot Sources Windows Boot Manager USB Floppy/CD USB Hard Drive ATAPI CD/DVD Drive Legacy Boot...
  4. No boot priority order.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No boot priority order.: So I just got a new acer one 10 tablet the model is one S1003and when I enter the settings by pressing F2 while acer logo is there I get Main,Boot, and exit option only. I just wanted to get 64 bit on windows 10 because I have 32 bit windows 10 but there was no boot priority...
  5. BIOS Boot order

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BIOS Boot order: No way, in the BIOS, to change Boot prioriy. I cannot use a CD to boot from in an emergency. How can this be done? Gigabyte laptop, Windows 10, 64. I cannot disable secure boot, the option will not highlite. 47197
  6. Boot Order?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Order?: Hello If the pc BIOS is set such that the very first device to boot from is a usb stick, what happens if there is no usb stick ? Will it “automatically” go to the second device (presumably a normal boot) ? Thanks, Bob 99882
  7. boot order windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    boot order windows 10: Over the past week or so. I've run into a problem that the system on reboot hangs on loading the operating system. The fix for this issue is to boot the system and hitting the F12 key. This brings up the change boot order menu. Then you just tell it to boot from the first...
  8. After Upgrade Can't Access BIOS to Change Boot Order for W7 Reinstall

in Windows 10 Support
    After Upgrade Can't Access BIOS to Change Boot Order for W7 Reinstall: Have a Lenovo H420 desktop that was upgraded about 2 months ago. We backed up everything and want to reinstall Windows 7. But I can find no way to get into the Setup screen. I've gone to Settings, Update & Security, Advanced Startup and Restart Now. But I have no option to...
  9. Boot Order Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Order Issue: I have an ASUS Maximus VIII Hero motherboard in my build that I have set the boot order so as to boot first from the Blu-Ray ROM Drive then the "Windows Download Manager" which is connected to the drive that is the C: Drive in the machine, then the actual C: Drive is listed...
  10. Can't change BIOS order

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't change BIOS order: So I'm having a dual boot system (Windows and Ubuntu) and since I disassembled my laptop some hours ago the laptop boots directly into Windows (ignoring the GRUB OS selection screen). I'm having a Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 (Insider Preview) and a Samsung EVO 840 SSD on...