Windows 10: BIOS can't detect m.2 on ASUS

Discus and support BIOS can't detect m.2 on ASUS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I recently bought a laptop for college, and I cant install Windows because there is no recognized disk to install, but when I go to ASUS BIOS, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by João Antunes1, Mar 13, 2023.

1. BIOS can't detect m.2 on ASUS

Hello,I recently bought a laptop for college, and I cant install Windows because there is no recognized disk to install, but when I go to ASUS BIOS, it appears in storage that I have a NVMe SSD with 476.9GB but no option to boot or install the OS in it.My laptop is a Asus VivoBook F415EAAnd the version of my BIOS is the 311

:)

João Antunes1, Mar 13, 2023

2. M.2 OS not always detected in bios

I built a pc weeks ago using:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700

MB Asus Hero VI

GTX 1080 ti

32 Ram ddr4 3000hz

M.2 Samsung Evo Nvme 500GB for OS

I installed Windows 10 home 64bit on the M.2, and everything went perfectly, but yesterday I was about to watch a video on YouTube but windows crashed and I got a blue screen saying Critical Process Died or something near that, it restarted and took me to
    the bios.

So now I only can access to bios, and the M.2 is not always detected. Either way windows won't start. I kept restarting, removing the M.2 and put it in again, I updated the bios using the EZ-update so basically is the latest version (1701)

Could you kindly advise what to do next?

KiqueCenteno, Mar 13, 2023
  3. Steve1507 Win User
    My Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe m.2 ssd not being detected in BIOS

I am having problems with the Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe m.2 ssd and it not being detected in BIOS. I recently had to submit my motherboard in RMA for repairs and the drive was working perfectly before, but now it's not being detected. I receive this code
    in "Secure Erase" in ASUS BIOS: SMNVMeROM

I have an ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI OMEGA x299 motherboard and I have 2 other NVMe m.2 drives that do work on the motherboards m.2 slots, and in the dimm.2 adapter slot. It's just that the 970 EVO had my operating system on it, and I'm confused by what SMNVMeROM
    means. Did it turn into a ROM file? Should I try putting an operating system on one of the working m.2 drives, to see if I can access the m.2 drive in question(windows disk management)? ASUS wasn't able to help me out in terms of tech. support.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve1507, Mar 13, 2023
  4. topgundcp Win User

BIOS can't detect m.2 on ASUS

No Boot, Drives Not detected, Can't Load Win10 Pleses Help!

Until the BIOS sees your M.2, there's nothing you can do. It does not matter if the M.2 is unformatted/unallocated, the BIOS should see it.
    1. Suggest that you take the M.2 out, clean all the contacts and re-seat it and hope this is the case.
    2. If step one fails. Connect your 250GB SSD back in using one of the SATA port to see if the BIOS recognize it. If it doen't, then it might be something wrong with the MB, if it does then boot up the Windows Installation USB, run diskpart, shrink it at least 40GB then create a partition, Leave it unallocated then install Windows there.

Also try to re-seat all other components such as Memory, Video card etc...

topgundcp, Mar 13, 2023
Thema:

BIOS can't detect m.2 on ASUS

1. BIOS can't detect m.2 on ASUS - Similar Threads - BIOS can't detect

2. M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.: It is not showing in disk management, or device manager. I upgraded my PC and everything was fine, the SSD was detected, but after I updated my graphics driver it won't detect. Everything is up to date. I have tried following many different solutions that yield no result. If...
  3. M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.: It is not showing in disk management, or device manager. I upgraded my PC and everything was fine, the SSD was detected, but after I updated my graphics driver it won't detect. Everything is up to date. I have tried following many different solutions that yield no result. If...
  4. BIOS can't detect m.2 on ASUS

BIOS can't detect m.2 on ASUS: Hello,I recently bought a laptop for college, and I cant install Windows because there is no recognized disk to install, but when I go to ASUS BIOS, it appears in storage that I have a NVMe SSD with 476.9GB but no option to boot or install the OS in it.My laptop is a Asus...
  5. BIOS can't detect m.2 on ASUS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS can't detect m.2 on ASUS: Hello,I recently bought a laptop for college, and I cant install Windows because there is no recognized disk to install, but when I go to ASUS BIOS, it appears in storage that I have a NVMe SSD with 476.9GB but no option to boot or install the OS in it.My laptop is a Asus...
  6. Bios not detecting m.2 drive on 8th gen cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios not detecting m.2 drive on 8th gen cpu: Short storyAcer aspire 315-54 8th gen m.2 drive not showing in bios.Long StoryWhile I was using my laptop the other day, it just froze and shut down. I then tried rebooting it and it came up with a No Bootable device notice.I then decided to create a bootable drive in hopes...
  7. Bios not detecting m.2 drive on 8th gen cpu

Bios not detecting m.2 drive on 8th gen cpu: Short storyAcer aspire 315-54 8th gen m.2 drive not showing in bios.Long StoryWhile I was using my laptop the other day, it just froze and shut down. I then tried rebooting it and it came up with a No Bootable device notice.I then decided to create a bootable drive in hopes...
  8. M.2 not detected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    M.2 not detected.: Hi!I recently bought an Gigabyte Ryzen M.2, it dosen't show up in diskmanagment, but shows up in every other place, and tells that it is there. How can I make diskmanagment detect it too?...
  9. NVME M.2 SSD detected in BIOS - not detected in Windows 10 x64

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVME M.2 SSD detected in BIOS - not detected in Windows 10 x64: Hi, I purchased an PNY CS3030 2TB M.2 NVME SSD disk which I installed in my system. My BIOS can see it just fine under my NVME Configuration menu options, and also the BIOS function to do a controller test for this disk passes without a problem. However, in Windows 10 x64...
  10. M.2 Drive Not Found By Bios

in Windows 10 Support
    M.2 Drive Not Found By Bios: I bought a Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 drive and when I install it into my system the bios does not find it. Windows 10 PRO finds it and I am able to format and use it. I think it is a motherboard bios issue because my old Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 drive is found by the bios...