Windows 10: BIOS detects USB but W10 can't.

Discus and support BIOS detects USB but W10 can't. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I've updated my rig to Win10 yesterday and everything is great except my Kraken USB. For some reason it won't detect the USB. while in BIOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sogvoodoo, Aug 23, 2020.

1. BIOS detects USB but W10 can't.

Hey guys, I've updated my rig to Win10 yesterday and everything is great except my Kraken USB. For some reason it won't detect the USB. while in BIOS you can see the name of the usb and the headphones DO light up on startup but then , when I need to login to my computer they go dark. Tried every solution I could find on the internet, to no avail.

submitted by /u/sogvoodoo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sogvoodoo, Aug 23, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Aug 23, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    USB HDD: IN BIOS

Hi AJAY, in modern BIOS (UEFI) it is normal to have USB devices listed, such as USB HDD without drive being plugged in.

In older Legacy BIOS, a drive would have to be plugged in for it to be listed in BIOS, but not no londer . . .

DaveM121, Aug 23, 2020
  4. chasx5 Win User

BIOS detects USB but W10 can't.

How to boot from a W10 recovery usb drive(non UEFI bios)

I recently installed W10 with the NOV upgrade, works fine. I prepared a recovery usb drive and it has the required content. My system's bios just lists the following boot order: floppy disc, CD drive, sata hard drive, dvd drive, but no choice for usb drive.
    I tried switching around the order but no luck. motherboard:asus P5B deluxe. Another system with UEFI bios works fine and boots from the usb drive. Is it possible to boot from my system from a usb drive, and if it can be done how shoul I do it.

Thanks

chasx5, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

BIOS detects USB but W10 can't.

1. BIOS detects USB but W10 can't. - Similar Threads - BIOS detects USB

2. My usb controller can't be detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My usb controller can't be detected: i need help, at first were normal when I used my usb controller start with nemesis and x360 controller. But when it comes when I use PS3 controller and installed scptoolkit, then my nemesis controller undetected from game option when I uninstalled this scptoolkit. same thing...
  3. My usb controller can't be detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My usb controller can't be detected: i need help, at first were normal when I used my usb controller start with nemesis and x360 controller. But when it comes when I use PS3 controller and installed scptoolkit, then my nemesis controller undetected from game option when I uninstalled this scptoolkit. same thing...
  4. SSD is not detected in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD is not detected in BIOS: Hi!I have an Acer Desktop PC with the following details: Model: TC-705 Brand: Acer AspireSSD: Kingston SSD, 240 GBRecently it broke down and when I restarted the PC It keeps showing the following message on a black screen:"Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot...
  5. BIOS can't detect m.2 on ASUS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS can't detect m.2 on ASUS: Hello,I recently bought a laptop for college, and I cant install Windows because there is no recognized disk to install, but when I go to ASUS BIOS, it appears in storage that I have a NVMe SSD with 476.9GB but no option to boot or install the OS in it.My laptop is a Asus...
  6. BIOS can't detect m.2 on ASUS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS can't detect m.2 on ASUS: Hello,I recently bought a laptop for college, and I cant install Windows because there is no recognized disk to install, but when I go to ASUS BIOS, it appears in storage that I have a NVMe SSD with 476.9GB but no option to boot or install the OS in it.My laptop is a Asus...
  7. BIOS can't detect m.2 on ASUS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Ssd not detected by bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd not detected by bios: I have hp notebook 15ay-006tx with 1tb hdd and 8gb ram with windows 10 os, so i intsall 240gb crucial ssd on the place of hdd and put hdd in caddy it is working properly when i select it pressing f9 boot menu and select ssd as boot device but when it start normally it start...
  9. [Help] Can't detect usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Can't detect usb: Whenever i connect my hard drive (transcend 4tb hdd) or my phone (huawei mate 9) they are not detected unless i go to device manager and uninstall usb root hub (usb 3.0) and then scan for hardware changes while still connected. How to fix this problem? Toshiba satellite...
  10. BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot: Hi, Problem I'm trying to boot from a USB pen ( Windows Install, Hirens, Any OTHER ) The problem is it sometimes works , sometimes as in Windows installer works when I wipe the on board drive. I can't get it to boot to anything else even when the on board drive it...