Windows 10: BIOS doesn't recognize my SSD but Windows 10 does

Discus and support BIOS doesn't recognize my SSD but Windows 10 does in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have an Asus X571GD and I decided to upgrade my storage so I could have a HDD for my files and an m.2 SSD for windows and some games.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mauricio Hernández Pérez, Jun 13, 2020.

1. BIOS doesn't recognize my SSD but Windows 10 does

Hi everyone,

I have an Asus X571GD and I decided to upgrade my storage so I could have a HDD for my files and an m.2 SSD for windows and some games.

I formatted the HDD and installed a new windows in the SSD using an external flash drive, after doing all the setup and restart windows I noticed that it's booting through the HDD.

I tried prioritizing the SSD boot but when checking my BIOS it won't show up in the list but when checking my Disk Management it does show both drives and the HDD has an EFI partition, does anyone know how to solve this?

Thank you BIOS doesn't recognize my SSD but Windows 10 does [​IMG]

:)

Mauricio Hernández Pérez, Jun 13, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

BIOS doesn't recognize my SSD but Windows 10 does [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 13, 2020
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jun 13, 2020
  4. JerickG Win User

BIOS doesn't recognize my SSD but Windows 10 does

SSD not recognized in bios (laptop)

yeah it is listed elsewhere, so the bios does recognize it. but in priority list is not!, sorry bro i dont fully understand what i have to do!

JerickG, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

BIOS doesn't recognize my SSD but Windows 10 does

1. BIOS doesn't recognize my SSD but Windows 10 does - Similar Threads - BIOS doesn't recognize

2. Windows Installer not recognizing M.2 SSD but BIOS does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer not recognizing M.2 SSD but BIOS does: I want to install Windows on a 500GB M.2 SSD that I have on my ASUS TUF F15 laptop but the Windows Installer doesn't recognize the SSD when BIOS does. I have tried literally every solution i could find and nothing has worked so far but I feel like I am close to solving my...
  3. Windows Installer not recognizing M.2 SSD but BIOS does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installer not recognizing M.2 SSD but BIOS does: I want to install Windows on a 500GB M.2 SSD that I have on my ASUS TUF F15 laptop but the Windows Installer doesn't recognize the SSD when BIOS does. I have tried literally every solution i could find and nothing has worked so far but I feel like I am close to solving my...
  4. Bios does not detect SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios does not detect SSD: I tried to reset the preinstalled windows 11 in my Dell XPS 9510 with no success so removed the SSD and formatted connecting to portable SSD reader. I then installed back the SSD and try to set up Wind 11 by USB but the disk does not show up. This happened with multiple SSD...
  5. Bios does not detect SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bios does not detect SSD: I tried to reset the preinstalled windows 11 in my Dell XPS 9510 with no success so removed the SSD and formatted connecting to portable SSD reader. I then installed back the SSD and try to set up Wind 11 by USB but the disk does not show up. This happened with multiple SSD...
  6. Windows 10 Home x64 New SSD not recognized in BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home x64 New SSD not recognized in BIOS: Hello,I added a new SSD to my laptop. Next, I cloned the original drive to the SSD drive. The process completed successfully. I can see my new SSD drive in Windows Explorer. I can read and write to the drive without any issues. The problem I am facing is ... I wish to set the...
  7. New SSD recognized in BIOS but Windows doesn't boot in Acer Nitro 5

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New SSD recognized in BIOS but Windows doesn't boot in Acer Nitro 5: Hello all, my friend recently bought a new laptop with only one drive installed (a 256gb M.2) with Windows 10 preinstalled in it. The issue is, he bought a new 960gb SSD to have some actual storage, connected it to the laptop's SATA port, and while it was recognized in the...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't recognize SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize SSD: I have an Asus X510UQ and a new 250GB Samsung EVO970Plus NVMe. I checked the BIOS, every single driver that popped up on Google and everything is up do date. My computer runs on an HDD drive and has an extra slot in the motherboard for an SSD drive. I looked online and...
  9. BIOS doesn't recognize my SSD but Windows 10 does

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS doesn't recognize my SSD but Windows 10 does: It's a repeat question to this thread but my problem is different because I can boot into my SSD. I have recently installed a new M.2 NVME SSD and installed windows onto it using my USB stick. I have deleted old windows versions by renaming them to windows.old and using the...
  10. BIOS Doesn't Pick Up SSD but Windows Install Does?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BIOS Doesn't Pick Up SSD but Windows Install Does?: Hey folks, I had a PC (tower) built a couple of weeks ago. I have two drives, a 256gb SSD as my boot drive and a 512gb for my programs and files. Everything was working as it should until about 6pm EST on 3/24/19. My computer restarted and showed a black screen with the...