Windows 10: BIOS downgrade caused Windows 10 to deactivate

Discus and support BIOS downgrade caused Windows 10 to deactivate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, Before I list my problem, here are my specs: CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @ 4.2Ghz RAM: 16GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600Mhz Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Teryl Dahoo, Jan 29, 2019.

1. BIOS downgrade caused Windows 10 to deactivate

Hello,

Before I list my problem, here are my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @ 4.2Ghz
    RAM: 16GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600Mhz
    Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD
    Storage 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 570
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4

Now here's the story before the problem:

I had the U1L UEFI BIOS installed on my motherboard but it caused me a lot of problems and I started to have intermittent shutdowns for no reason. Those shutdowns could happen from a time period of literally 5 minutes to maybe 48 hours, but it really started to bother me. Those who were familiar with the Z68 Gigabyte motherboards could testify that either the UEFI BIOS works like a charm or completely craps out on you. Anyways, I decided to revert to the F6 BIOS (which is an EFI BIOS) and now the computer seems to work like a dream.

The problem is that Windows thinks that I changed the hardware and deactivated my copy of Windows 10, even if all I did was change the firmware. Also, I ran through the activation troubleshooter but the first window says that I'm not connected to the Internet and when I click "I changed hardware on this device recently", it says that the servers are too busy and tells me to try again later.

Anything that I can do to fix this?

:)

Teryl Dahoo, Jan 29, 2019

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 30, 2019
  4. BIOS downgrade caused Windows 10 to deactivate

bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

BIOS downgrade caused Windows 10 to deactivate

1. BIOS downgrade caused Windows 10 to deactivate - Similar Threads - BIOS downgrade caused

2. Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade: Hi, After I was prompted to update my Windows 11 BIOS, the bitlocker screen came on and locked me from accessing my computer claiming that the recovery key was incorrect. Appreciate it if anyone out there have a better suggestion? I tried to downgrade the BIOS but my notebook...
  3. Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade: Hi, After I was prompted to update my Windows 11 BIOS, the bitlocker screen came on and locked me from accessing my computer claiming that the recovery key was incorrect. Appreciate it if anyone out there have a better suggestion? I tried to downgrade the BIOS but my notebook...
  4. BIOS Update Deactivates Windows 0x803FABBD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS Update Deactivates Windows 0x803FABBD: After updating my mother board's BIOS windows became deactivated.The built in troubleshooter fails to reactivate windows if I select "I changed hardware on this device recently". Resulting in: "We can’t activate your copy of Windows as the digital license for this device has...
  5. BIOS Update Deactivates Windows 0x803FABBD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS Update Deactivates Windows 0x803FABBD: After updating my mother board's BIOS windows became deactivated.The built in troubleshooter fails to reactivate windows if I select "I changed hardware on this device recently". Resulting in: "We can’t activate your copy of Windows as the digital license for this device has...
  6. Downgrade Bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade Bios: What will happen if i downgrade my ASUS laptop BIOS to the previous version?Is it harmful ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-bios/3b34a481-e0ab-4e12-a2f4-5a3357e5ddeb
  7. downgrade my bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    downgrade my bios: i am an win 10 user i want to download and install an old version of bios my current bios version is F.28 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-my-bios/55490a37-fab9-4da2-967f-276b35b23408
  8. downgrade my bios

downgrade my bios: i am an win 10 user i want to download and install an old version of bios my current bios version is F.28 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-my-bios/0f1c743d-4dfc-4b65-a352-4e88fc9b8ceb
  9. Downgrading My Bios

Downgrading My Bios: I Have An Windows 10 Pro Desktop I Cant Find Some Important Settings In My Current Bios Version F.28, So I Want To Downgrade My Bios To And Old Version So kindly Help Me...
  10. Windows deactivated after flashing the Bios

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows deactivated after flashing the Bios: Hello, I flash my bios Reason: Bios crashed with a flash programmer. Then my windows deactivated. But whenever I tried to re-activate, it's showing an error. I don't have any license key. I'm using a digital license. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...