Windows 10: Bios error, unable to locate drives while reinstalling os

Discus and support Bios error, unable to locate drives while reinstalling os in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently, I partitioned my laptop and deleted again. Problem is I didn't installed my windows update for long time even I had to.Now, I got bios error.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Krishna Kadupudi, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Bios error, unable to locate drives while reinstalling os

Recently, I partitioned my laptop and deleted again. Problem is I didn't installed my windows update for long time even I had to.Now, I got bios error. While trying to reinstall software from pendrive, drivers are not showing. My laptop is Lenovo IdeaPad i5 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD

:)

Krishna Kadupudi, Feb 22, 2024
  2. Harry9001 Win User

Unable to install any OS

Hi guys, I'm unable to install any OS. I tried ubuntu and got input/output error, tried installing window 7 error 0x80000010.

Downloaded iso's of both again and again still same result. Got a new SSD still the same, tried a different usb still the same.

I'm fed up, have been trying since the past 1 month still am unable to install.
    I've listed my specs in my profile.

PS Have even tried/changed my ram.
    Where the pug is the problem ?

I have been using live usb to work on computer for now but I need a permanent OS.

Harry9001, Feb 22, 2024
  3. ex_reven Win User
    RAID 0 Error

I did what you suggested and I got a boot media error telling me to insert a OS disk. I removed them from RAID, installed vista again and ran some diagnostics on the now individual drives and all programs (Speedfan, Seatools, Everest etc) listed the drives as healthy and up to spec in terms of performance.

Sorry for the late reply, ive been reinstalling all my software etc.
    Just wanted to conclude the thread, thanks for all your suggestions guys.

ex_reven, Feb 22, 2024
  4. Bios error, unable to locate drives while reinstalling os

little cat, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

Bios error, unable to locate drives while reinstalling os

1. Bios error, unable to locate drives while reinstalling os - Similar Threads - Bios error unable

2. Bios error, unable to locate drives while reinstalling os

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bios error, unable to locate drives while reinstalling os: Recently, I partitioned my laptop and deleted again. Problem is I didn't installed my windows update for long time even I had to.Now, I got bios error. While trying to reinstall software from pendrive, drivers are not showing. My laptop is Lenovo IdeaPad i5 256 GB SSD, 1 TB...
  3. windows 10 OS crash dump drive location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 OS crash dump drive location: Is there a way to move crash dump location in the same manner paging file can be moved. ok I need to expand the question: move location crash dump is generated from not merely the final save destination. I have moved page file from C drive to D driveaka the page file is now...
  4. Errors "File Restore Failed", ongoing errors for BIOS, OS and unable to install programmes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Errors "File Restore Failed", ongoing errors for BIOS, OS and unable to install programmes: Previous problems faced – Actions taken to solve: · Laptop/Device tilting on its physical shape – HPengineers could not recognise why. Engineers suggested replacing with a newdevice. Changed the bottom/keyboard parts all over due to lack in propersupply shipment...
  5. Unable to Boot to OS or BIOS/UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Boot to OS or BIOS/UEFI: * [Full discloser] I know this is a Microsoft forum, but this also involves Linux so any help is appreciated. So I thought it'd be a fun idea to dual-boot Linux Lite alongside my Windows 10 pro partition. It Started off fine, but I noticed when I restarted to go back to...
  6. windows unable to locate view hard drive when installing os to HD

windows unable to locate view hard drive when installing os to HD: install says looking for driver? 123961
  7. Reinstall OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall OS: I recently installed the linuxOS but now I want to go back to using windows 10 but the main HDD is not formatted as the NTFS file system is there anyway to reinstall windows 10. I contacted HP but they said this type of problem is not covered under my warranty because of...
  8. Os reinstall

Os reinstall: If i reinstall my os from boot menu by pendrive.will i lose my license of Os (will i lose my genuine os) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/os-reinstall/cdb8ad19-3c8d-4547-a062-4c8a46a13d75
  9. "Unable to write to this location" error

in Windows 10 Support
    "Unable to write to this location" error: Hi I have been using Kodak Imaging (last provided by MS with windows XP) successfully on every operating system since XP. The program files are saved in Programs (x86), the ocx files are registered using the command prompt and hey presto, it works fine. On windows 10 too...
  10. BIOS reads "Boot error" after cloning OS drive

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS reads "Boot error" after cloning OS drive: I just purchased a 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD to replace my 1TB WD HDD. I cloned my Win10 OS drive using Macrium Reflect, as I have successfully done countless times in the past from HDD to HDD, HDD to SSD, and so on.. When attempting to boot from either the SSD or HDD -with...