Windows 10: BIOS firmware / security

Discus and support BIOS firmware / security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I access my BIOS firmware to determine if my hardware initialization during the booting process, operating systems and programs are secure?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by krcrames76, Apr 2, 2020.

1. BIOS firmware / security

How do I access my BIOS firmware to determine if my hardware initialization during the booting process, operating systems and programs are secure?

:)

krcrames76, Apr 2, 2020
  2. cereberus Win User

Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?

If laptop is so old that it came with Windows 7, a firmware update is highly unlikely. Updating bios has nothing to do with secure boot anyway.

cereberus, Apr 2, 2020
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Apr 2, 2020
  4. BIOS firmware / security

Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?

The laptop I have is still with the Windows 7 logo sticker on it and now I am running Windows 10 on it.
    So, as I now recall, I had to change the BIOS settings to use only UEFI and then now I have enabled Secure Boot.

So what do you suggest in case I need a firmware update?
    Should I disable Secure Boot before doing the firmware updates?

win10freak, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

BIOS firmware / security

1. BIOS firmware / security - Similar Threads - BIOS firmware security

2. HP Bios firmware updaate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Bios firmware updaate: I got a hp bios firmware update to install a couple of days ago and since then have problems getting into my windows 11 I keep seeing; There is a issue with trusted platform module data; press y to reset whole tpmpress n to boot with current tpm datain both of these i can...
  3. HP Bios firmware updaate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Bios firmware updaate: I got a hp bios firmware update to install a couple of days ago and since then have problems getting into my windows 11 I keep seeing; There is a issue with trusted platform module data; press y to reset whole tpmpress n to boot with current tpm datain both of these i can...
  4. Firmware bios update triggered bitlocker encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firmware bios update triggered bitlocker encryption: Good afternoon, my DELL XPS 13 did an automatic firmware BIOS update and now is prompting me for a bitlocker key which I never set up. My device shows up in my Microsoft account when I check on my phone but there is no associated bitlocker key when I click manage keys. Nor on...
  5. Bios key not working and uefi firmware missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bios key not working and uefi firmware missing: hello everyone, am in a tough spot right now. I converted my disk to gpt from mbt and I was supposed to access my bios to change from legacy to uefi. The problem is my bios key f2 for my Samsung laptop isn't entering bios and the booting keeps going into a loop state. I...
  6. How to boot Windows into UEFI or BIOS firmware

in Windows 10 News
    How to boot Windows into UEFI or BIOS firmware: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time you need to reboot into the computer firmware, i.e., UEFI or BIOS. If your hardware keys are failing to boot you into BIOS or UEFI, you will need to do this. In this post, I will share [...] This post How to boot Windows into UEFI or BIOS...
  7. Potential security vulnerabilities in Intel firmware

in Windows 10 News
    Potential security vulnerabilities in Intel firmware: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00191 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 03/12/2019 Last revised: 03/12/2019 Summary: Multiple potential security vulnerabilities...
  8. Intel NUC Firmware Security Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel NUC Firmware Security Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00176 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 09/11/2018 Last revised: 09/11/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in...
  9. Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?: Quick question. I have Secure Boot enabled, but would it cause any issues in case I need to update the UEFI firmware? So do I need to disabled Secure Boot before updating the firmware? Thx! 103955
  10. Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10: How to: Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10 How to Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10 Your PC's motherboard will either have a BIOS or UEFI firmware chip. BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is the firmware interface between a PC's hardware...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bios updates and firewalls