Windows 10: BIOS / hard drive problem, Windows suddenly deactivated?

Discus and support BIOS / hard drive problem, Windows suddenly deactivated? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I had some other issues with my pc which ended up with me unplugging the SATA cables connecting my hard drive and my SSD and reinserting it all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by H_581, Mar 7, 2023.

1. H_581 Win User

BIOS / hard drive problem, Windows suddenly deactivated?

Hi. I had some other issues with my pc which ended up with me unplugging the SATA cables connecting my hard drive and my SSD and reinserting it all. Previously I was having trouble where the PC wouldn’t boot up properly and got stuck with BIOS errors. After reinserting the cables, it finally booted up and went through to the lock screen where I usually login. Once logged in, my desktop is suddenly a fresh looking version. My wallpaper, files, software, all my personalisations have gone, and a message popped up to say Windows is not activated. I’ve not deactivated it myself, I’ve had my Window

:)

H_581, Mar 7, 2023

2. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Mar 7, 2023
  3. little cat, Mar 7, 2023
  4. JadeRuins Win User

Hard drive problems?

1. Hello
    2. my lenovo loptop ideapad 100-15ISK is suddenly down and im not sure but when windows didn’t load properly and then from then on it had boot problems after that i tried searhing for solutions through automatic repair advanced options cmd method and i type
      C: or the boot rec utility tool
    it says the system cannot find the drive specified

I also went to bios and it said in hard drive/disk not detected

I appreciate any tips and help

JadeRuins, Mar 7, 2023
Thema:

1. BIOS / hard drive problem, Windows suddenly deactivated? - Similar Threads - BIOS hard drive

2. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.: Hello guys,My pc was working fine until one day it stopped detecting all my hard drives and sent me straight to BIOS, In BIOS it does not show any hard drives, I plugged my bootable windows usb to the setup and it did not detect them there also. I have a Gigabyte B450 pro...
  3. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.: Hello guys,My pc was working fine until one day it stopped detecting all my hard drives and sent me straight to BIOS, In BIOS it does not show any hard drives, I plugged my bootable windows usb to the setup and it did not detect them there also. I have a Gigabyte B450 pro...
  4. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. BIOS / hard drive problem, Windows suddenly deactivated?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    BIOS / hard drive problem, Windows suddenly deactivated?: Hi. I had some other issues with my pc which ended up with me unplugging the SATA cables connecting my hard drive and my SSD and reinserting it all. Previously I was having trouble where the PC wouldn’t boot up properly and got stuck with BIOS errors. After reinserting the...
  9. BIOS / hard drive problem, Windows suddenly deactivated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS / hard drive problem, Windows suddenly deactivated?: Hi. I had some other issues with my pc which ended up with me unplugging the SATA cables connecting my hard drive and my SSD and reinserting it all. Previously I was having trouble where the PC wouldn’t boot up properly and got stuck with BIOS errors. After reinserting the...
  10. windows suddenly deactivates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows suddenly deactivates: my pc just suddenly said activate windows I bought this off facebook yes funny but in the activation part in settings all it says is "We cannot activate windows as we can't connect to your organizations activation server."Error code: 0x8007007B...