Windows 10: BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST...

Discus and support BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I start my computer, immediately after the Intel logo, I get the message: "BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempt(s). Possible causes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by txakura, Aug 15, 2016.

1. txakura Win User

BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST...

When I start my computer, immediately after the Intel logo, I get the message:

"BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempt(s). Possible causes include recent changes to BIOS, Performance Options or recent hardware change. Press 'Y' to enter Setup or 'N' to cancel and attempt to boot with previous settings."

So... I press 'N', and the boot continues.

I'd really like to get rid of the message. I remember having the same message with Win 7 (and I think it has more to do with the BIOS than anything Windows.) The message finally went away with Win 7, but it's really being stubborn with Win 10. Can anyone help?

:)

txakura, Aug 15, 2016

2. Bios recovery mode has been detected.

Hi Sherwin,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

As you are receiving the error on startup, follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Go to the Microsoft software download website and create Windows 10
      installation media.
    • Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.

After the startup repair is complete, check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 15, 2016
  3. Bios recovery mode has been detected.

After installing an update on my new PC I get the message:

"WARNING! BIOS Recovery mode has been detected, Please put the file "Z240IC70.CAP" into HDD or a removable USB media device, And reset your computer.

If you have have done these, Please wait a moment and don't shutdown system!!!

System will be automatically entered ASUS EZ Flash Utility."

Not sure how to deal with this, especially since I am stuck on this screen with no mouse pointer or keyboard use available.

SherwinRebeiro, Aug 15, 2016
  4. groze Win User

Check your boot order in the bios. I remember getting some of that if usb flash drive is set before the hard drive. I choose dvd drive, hard drive then usb drive. If your computer has an internal floppy drive, I would put that first before the dvd drive.

groze, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

1. BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST... - Similar Threads - BIOS has detected

2. HDD is detected in BIOS, but not in Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD is detected in BIOS, but not in Windows: The HDD is detected in BIOS as it is showing its serial number, but anything else while booting, it is not detected. I cannot get into Windows as the whole drive (drive C:) is corrupted. So, I am left with WinRE by using a Windows installation disk. I tried every command...
  3. SSD not being detected in BIOS but detected using enclosure?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD not being detected in BIOS but detected using enclosure?: Hi, My desktop computer was running perfectly fine when suddenly the SSD (boot OS) is not detected when booting up. I tried using the SSD with other computers, it's not being detected. Removed other sata cables and just used this one and still not working. However, when...
  4. Installing SSD not detected by BIOS

Installing SSD not detected by BIOS: Sequence of installing new SSD. Disconnected the HDD with Windows. Fitted Syba 4 Sata PCI-E card Fitted Samsung 500GB 860 SSD connected to Syba 4 Sata PCI-E card Installed Windows 10 Home in Samsung 500GB 860 SSD Windows installed fine in the SSD. Entered the BIOS to set the...
  5. BIOS POST After Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS POST After Windows Update.: Hi, I had posted about this over at Nvidia forums and got a nice snarky reply. If anyone else is having issues or ideas please let me know (although I have already posted about this). My main reason is to ask whether it is possible for a Windows update to affect my PC's bios...
  6. Virtualization enabled in BIOS but programs not detecting it

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtualization enabled in BIOS but programs not detecting it: I hope you guys can help. I was running Nox app player just fine for weeks. The other day it started running badly and reported that I should enable vt in bios. It is enabled in bios. Task Manager reports virtualization enabled under cpu. AMD virtualization util reports that...
  7. No BIOS Post and Blank Screen

No BIOS Post and Blank Screen: I've got a Dell Inspiron One 2205 All-in-One computer that shows no signs of life except that it is receiving power. It was working fine one moment then, later on in the day when I started it again, nothing happened. When the power switch is pressed, it turns orange but...
  8. bios post screen shows incoherent component info

bios post screen shows incoherent component info: i boot up the computer and the bios post screen shows normal except for 4 keyboards 2 mice 2 hubs. when i only have 1 keyboard and 1 mice connected. what is this all about? idk what hubs is. maybe the dvd rom drive? 40238
  9. BIOS POST on restart too long

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BIOS POST on restart too long: Please review the forums rules about piracy. *Arrow Forum Rules - Windows 10 Help Forums
  10. SSD not detected in Win10 install but is detected in bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD not detected in Win10 install but is detected in bios: Hi all, This is my first build and I am so close yet it feels so far away. I'm at the final step of installing Windows 10 onto my PC I have a bootable USB drive connected and everything goes smoothly until I have to select a hard drive! I have a Mushkin Enhanced Reactor...