Windows 10: BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST...

Discus and support BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I start my computer, immediately after the Intel logo, I get the message: "BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempt(s). Possible causes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by txakura, Aug 15, 2016.

1. txakura Win User

BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST...

When I start my computer, immediately after the Intel logo, I get the message:

"BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempt(s). Possible causes include recent changes to BIOS, Performance Options or recent hardware change. Press 'Y' to enter Setup or 'N' to cancel and attempt to boot with previous settings."

So... I press 'N', and the boot continues.

I'd really like to get rid of the message. I remember having the same message with Win 7 (and I think it has more to do with the BIOS than anything Windows.) The message finally went away with Win 7, but it's really being stubborn with Win 10. Can anyone help?

:)

txakura, Aug 15, 2016

2. Bios recovery mode has been detected.

Hi Sherwin,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

As you are receiving the error on startup, follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Go to the Microsoft software download website and create Windows 10
      installation media.
    • Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.

After the startup repair is complete, check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 15, 2016
  3. Bios recovery mode has been detected.

After installing an update on my new PC I get the message:

"WARNING! BIOS Recovery mode has been detected, Please put the file "Z240IC70.CAP" into HDD or a removable USB media device, And reset your computer.

If you have have done these, Please wait a moment and don't shutdown system!!!

System will be automatically entered ASUS EZ Flash Utility."

Not sure how to deal with this, especially since I am stuck on this screen with no mouse pointer or keyboard use available.

SherwinRebeiro, Aug 15, 2016
  4. groze Win User

Check your boot order in the bios. I remember getting some of that if usb flash drive is set before the hard drive. I choose dvd drive, hard drive then usb drive. If your computer has an internal floppy drive, I would put that first before the dvd drive.

groze, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

1. BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST... - Similar Threads - BIOS has detected

2. BSOD Error post BIOS: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error post BIOS: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello - I have recently built a new PC and it was working okay for 5-10 minutes at a time but kept crashing to BSOD. This has happened a few times now and the PC now instantly goes to BSOD after the Motherboard manufacturers screen.I have tried the following with no...
  3. SSD is not detected in BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD is not detected in BIOS: Hi!I have an Acer Desktop PC with the following details: Model: TC-705 Brand: Acer AspireSSD: Kingston SSD, 240 GBRecently it broke down and when I restarted the PC It keeps showing the following message on a black screen:"Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot...
  4. SSD is not detected in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD is not detected in BIOS: Hi!I have an Acer Desktop PC with the following details: Model: TC-705 Brand: Acer AspireSSD: Kingston SSD, 240 GBRecently it broke down and when I restarted the PC It keeps showing the following message on a black screen:"Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot...
  5. SSD is not detected in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Ssd not detected by bios

Ssd not detected by bios: I have hp notebook 15ay-006tx with 1tb hdd and 8gb ram with windows 10 os, so i intsall 240gb crucial ssd on the place of hdd and put hdd in caddy it is working properly when i select it pressing f9 boot menu and select ssd as boot device but when it start normally it start...
  7. Ssd not detected by bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd not detected by bios: I have hp notebook 15ay-006tx with 1tb hdd and 8gb ram with windows 10 os, so i intsall 240gb crucial ssd on the place of hdd and put hdd in caddy it is working properly when i select it pressing f9 boot menu and select ssd as boot device but when it start normally it start...
  8. Ssd not detected by bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. BIOS Not Detecting SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIOS Not Detecting SSD: I bought a crucial mx500 1tb ssd in July. A month ago, my whole computer just froze and couldn't boot up so I reinstalled widows 10. Today, whenever I turn on my pc, it takes to directly to bios and doesn't show my ssd as a boot option. I'm positive that it isn't a cable...
  10. No BIOS Post and Blank Screen

No BIOS Post and Blank Screen: I've got a Dell Inspiron One 2205 All-in-One computer that shows no signs of life except that it is receiving power. It was working fine one moment then, later on in the day when I started it again, nothing happened. When the power switch is pressed, it turns orange but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bios has detected unsuccessful post attempt