Windows 10: Bios is disabled

Discus and support Bios is disabled in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I do a reset in the bios to enable it. The admin password is lost 73276 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bryanhek, Dec 24, 2016.

1. bryanhek Win User

Bios is disabled

How can I do a reset in the bios to enable it. The admin password is lost

:)

bryanhek, Dec 24, 2016

2. My DVD/CD ROM is disabled in my BIOS!

Hi Rodney,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

How exactly did you try to enable it?

I suggest you to contact your system manufacturer and ask them to enable the CD/DVD ROM.

BIOS DISCLAIMER -

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

For further assistance related to Windows feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 24, 2016
  3. My DVD/CD ROM is disabled in my BIOS!

Original Title:

Every since my son created a back up volume and used the drive letter for my DVD/CD ROM it has been disabled in my BIOS! All attempts to enable it have failed! I have since deleted the volume using the F: drive but still no dice!!! DVD/CD ROM is enabled
    and working properly in the Device Manager!

RodneyMoore_853, Dec 24, 2016
  4. derek10 Win User

Bios is disabled

Do a Clear CMOS by removing the coin battery for 2 seconds or using a nearby jumper labeled as such

derek10, Dec 24, 2016
  5. Desktop or laptop? It makes a difference.

alphanumeric, Dec 24, 2016
  6. Asuza Win User
    If it's a laptop, you would have to contact your manufacturer to clear the CMOS password if I'm correct. Otherwise the password would be pointless wouldn't it ?

Although I could be wrong. Not 100% sure.

Asuza, Dec 24, 2016
  7. Plankton Win User
    I've cleared the CMOS a few times on some different branded laptops by removing the CMOS battery. It's a PITA but you basically have to take it apart to get to the battery. Some are easy while others are more in-depth in tare down.

Youtube is a great source on how to disassemble a particular brand of laptop.

Plankton, Dec 24, 2016
  8. Berton Win User

Bios is disabled

That's the way I've had to do it a few times. I can use a software to remove the Windows password/s but the worst I've seen is when a computer is tied to a company's network [password required] but that network is no longer available, delete partition/s and reinstall the only solution. Frequently the CMOS battery on Notebooks is encased in non-conductive material making it harder to spot.

Berton, Dec 24, 2016
  9. On a lot of laptops, removing the CMOS/BIOS backup battery will not clear the BIOS password. All other settings go to default but the password is not erased. Its stored in an EEPROM. The only way to change it is by knowing the existing password and changing it from the BIOS menu. Well, there are other ways, but forum rules restrict talking about those methods.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bios is disabled

1. Bios is disabled - Similar Threads - Bios disabled

2. After disabling my Intergrated GPU in my BIOS, my fans keeps resetting and my cpu dosent boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After disabling my Intergrated GPU in my BIOS, my fans keeps resetting and my cpu dosent boot.: My PC has suddenly stopped starting up. On checking with case open, the CPU fan starts running when the power is turned on, but it stops after about 2-3 seconds, restarts again after about 2-3 seconds and the loop is repeated. There is no beep and nothing appears on the...
  3. After disabling my Intergrated GPU in my BIOS, my fans keeps resetting and my cpu dosent boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After disabling my Intergrated GPU in my BIOS, my fans keeps resetting and my cpu dosent boot.: My PC has suddenly stopped starting up. On checking with case open, the CPU fan starts running when the power is turned on, but it stops after about 2-3 seconds, restarts again after about 2-3 seconds and the loop is repeated. There is no beep and nothing appears on the...
  4. How do I find out & disable my BIOS password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I find out & disable my BIOS password?: I have a Windows 10 home Blad 15 Base Model Early 2021 RZ09-0369 laptop & I want to access my BIOS menu, but when I spam F1 on boot it brings up a screen asking for a password. I tried my computer pin & password, as well as my account password, but nothing worked. I didn't...
  5. How do I find out & disable my BIOS password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find out & disable my BIOS password?: I have a Windows 10 home Blad 15 Base Model Early 2021 RZ09-0369 laptop & I want to access my BIOS menu, but when I spam F1 on boot it brings up a screen asking for a password. I tried my computer pin & password, as well as my account password, but nothing worked. I didn't...
  6. How do I find out & disable my BIOS password?

7. I enabled tpm 2.0 in my bios and installed windows 11 ,is it possible to disable it after...

I enabled tpm 2.0 in my bios and installed windows 11 ,is it possible to disable it after...: So i had to enable tpm 2.0 to download windows 11 but now i have to disable it for a few minutes to do something then re-enable it again is it possible?...
  8. I enabled tpm 2.0 in my bios and installed windows 11 ,is it possible to disable it after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I enabled tpm 2.0 in my bios and installed windows 11 ,is it possible to disable it after...: So i had to enable tpm 2.0 to download windows 11 but now i have to disable it for a few minutes to do something then re-enable it again is it possible?...
  9. Disable CSM support when updating to WIN11 now cannot get past BIOS. HELP

Disable CSM support when updating to WIN11 now cannot get past BIOS. HELP: Hi. I’ve had a nightmare with my PC the past month where I’ve had to reinstall windows 3 times in the past 25 days!It all began when I came back from holiday and my PC was unplugged for a month. Keep in mind this was in full working order for over a year. When I come home I...
  10. Disable CSM support when updating to WIN11 now cannot get past BIOS. HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable CSM support when updating to WIN11 now cannot get past BIOS. HELP: Hi. I’ve had a nightmare with my PC the past month where I’ve had to reinstall windows 3 times in the past 25 days!It all began when I came back from holiday and my PC was unplugged for a month. Keep in mind this was in full working order for over a year. When I come home I...