Windows 10: bios keeps switching my boot drive

Discus and support bios keeps switching my boot drive in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i recently just wiped my ssd and my nvme drives to reinstall windows and after i reinstalled it, everytime i turn off my pc and turn it on again it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nicholas driller, Feb 28, 2023.

1. bios keeps switching my boot drive

i recently just wiped my ssd and my nvme drives to reinstall windows and after i reinstalled it, everytime i turn off my pc and turn it on again it gives me a blue screen saying that winload.efi is missing. After i go to my bios it shows that my old ssd without windows installed is my boot drive. the only way i can seem to get around this is if i unplug my ssd from my computer and restart it in which case it then shows my nvme as the boot manager. is there any solution so i dont have to keep unplugging my ssd? also sorry if this is in the wrong category

:)

nicholas driller, Feb 28, 2023

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Feb 28, 2023
  3. Drive Listed In BIOS But Will Not Boot

• Computer would not shut down
    • Held down shift key while clicking on power/shutdown
    • On start up a repair screen came up
    • Trouble shooting did not work
    • Selected boot drive in BIOS nothing
    What can I do to find the problem?

southwestcoyote, Feb 28, 2023
  4. SV_321 Win User

bios keeps switching my boot drive

BIOS keeps booting into wrong drive even after changing boot order.

Hello, Recently out of nowhere my system boots into my HDD and not to my boot drive (NVME drive). I don't have Windows installed on the HDD only on my NVME. Every time i turn my pc on it goes into Diagnosing problem with start up and leads me to the recovery menu. I have to go into UEFI BIOS from there and then change boot order to my NVME drive and reboot into Windows. I noticed it says "Windows Boot Loader" on both of the drives listed in BIOS boot selector. I only have some programs installed on the HDD and only use NVME for boot. I haven't installed any new programs or anything it just happened on its own. Please help!

Motherboard is Gigabyte a320m-s2h

SV_321, Feb 28, 2023
Thema:

bios keeps switching my boot drive

1. bios keeps switching my boot drive - Similar Threads - bios keeps switching

2. My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios: So today I booted up my pc to get on the game then my pc crashed and sent me to bios on start up and I thought that was weird cause it never happed to me before and now I can’t get out of it please help...
  3. My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios: So today I booted up my pc to get on the game then my pc crashed and sent me to bios on start up and I thought that was weird cause it never happed to me before and now I can’t get out of it please help...
  4. My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. bios keeps switching my boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bios keeps switching my boot drive: i recently just wiped my ssd and my nvme drives to reinstall windows and after i reinstalled it, everytime i turn off my pc and turn it on again it gives me a blue screen saying that winload.efi is missing. After i go to my bios it shows that my old ssd without windows...
  6. bios keeps switching my boot drive

bios keeps switching my boot drive: i recently just wiped my ssd and my nvme drives to reinstall windows and after i reinstalled it, everytime i turn off my pc and turn it on again it gives me a blue screen saying that winload.efi is missing. After i go to my bios it shows that my old ssd without windows...
  7. Drive Listed In BIOS But Will Not Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Listed In BIOS But Will Not Boot: Computer would not shut downHeld down shift key while clicking on power/shutdownOn start up a repair screen came upTrouble shooting did not workSelected boot drive in BIOS nothingWhat can I do to find the problem?...
  8. Drive Listed In BIOS But Will Not Boot

Drive Listed In BIOS But Will Not Boot: Computer would not shut downHeld down shift key while clicking on power/shutdownOn start up a repair screen came upTrouble shooting did not workSelected boot drive in BIOS nothingWhat can I do to find the problem?...
  9. Switching boot drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching boot drive: Hello, so I’ve got an issue that I’m not sure is possible to fix without losing data. I have both a 500gb m.2 nvme ssd and a 500gb hdd. Well I’ve been using both drives for awhile now and I could have sworn that I had the windows 10 boot drive set on the ssd. Now I’m planning...
  10. Switching boot drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching boot drive: Hi all, I have Windows 10 installed on a Samsung 850 SSD and would like to add a Samsung 970 M.2 and change it to the boot drive. How do I properly format the new 970 M.2 as the primary boot drive and remove all of the Windows files from the 850 SSD? I have a Windows 10...