Windows 10: Bios key not working and uefi firmware missing

Discus and support Bios key not working and uefi firmware missing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hello everyone, am in a tough spot right now. I converted my disk to gpt from mbt and I was supposed to access my bios to change from legacy to uefi.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by azoguachinike, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Bios key not working and uefi firmware missing

hello everyone, am in a tough spot right now. I converted my disk to gpt from mbt and I was supposed to access my bios to change from legacy to uefi. The problem is my bios key f2 for my Samsung laptop isn't entering bios and the booting keeps going into a loop state.

I attached a bootable USB to gain access to the troubleshoot interface and the uefi firmware setting is missing. now I don't know what to do. I have tried the

cmd x:\sources>shutdown /r /f o but I get the message "shutdown is not recognized as an internal or external command.

Right now am just stuck at this advanced options troubleshooter. Any advice will be very appreciated.

:)

azoguachinike, Jun 19, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

UEFI missing? How can I access bios?

Does the computer in question have a legacy BIOS or does it have UEFI firmware? The restart to firmware option will only be available and work with UEFI firmware computers. It will not with legacy BIOS. You can run MSINFO and look at the BIOS MODE parameter.

Bios key not working and uefi firmware missing [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jun 19, 2020
  3. UEFI missing? How can I access bios?

F***! I have Legacy is there other way to access the bios at all I want to overclock my computer.

martin12golf, Jun 19, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Bios key not working and uefi firmware missing

uefi firmware settings

Hello Jack,

One possible reason why the UEFI Firmware Settings suddenly went missing is because of a recent update. To better assist you, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent updates installed on your computer prior to this happening?
    • What is the current version of your Windows 10? To check, type in winver on
      Cortana's search field and press Enter.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Does your computer have a legacy BIOS or does it have a UEFI firmware? To check, type in
      MSINFO on Cortana's search field and press Enter. Look for the BIOS Mode parameter and the the corresponding value.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Bios key not working and uefi firmware missing

1. Bios key not working and uefi firmware missing - Similar Threads - Bios key working

2. The UEFI firmware settings missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The UEFI firmware settings missing: The UEFI firmware settings on my window 10 pro missing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-uefi-firmware-settings-missing/c26c52fa-82d6-4d11-b41b-9e94ad91b866
  3. The UEFI firmware settings missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The UEFI firmware settings missing: The UEFI firmware settings on my window 10 pro missing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-uefi-firmware-settings-missing/c26c52fa-82d6-4d11-b41b-9e94ad91b866
  4. The UEFI firmware settings missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. uefi firmware settings windows 10 missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uefi firmware settings windows 10 missing: Hi, I want to install windows 7 on my HP EliteBook 8560p. Now I have Windows 10. To install it I have to go on troubleshooting advanced options and press uefi firmware settings windows 10 which do not shows there,but I saw that my laptop supports UEFI. How can I find it...
  6. How to boot Windows into UEFI or BIOS firmware

in Windows 10 News
    How to boot Windows into UEFI or BIOS firmware: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time you need to reboot into the computer firmware, i.e., UEFI or BIOS. If your hardware keys are failing to boot you into BIOS or UEFI, you will need to do this. In this post, I will share [...] This post How to boot Windows into UEFI or BIOS...
  7. UEFI Firmware Setting missing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    UEFI Firmware Setting missing on Windows 10: Dear Friends, Why is UEFI Firmware Setting missing on Windows 10? [ATTACH] But in another Windows 10, I see this option. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uefi-firmware-setting-missing-on-windows-10/d5160b6d-53c0-4e4b-9a94-2ca80be2ba66
  8. UEFI Firmware settings missing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    UEFI Firmware settings missing on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]UEFI is one of the most important pieces of software when it comes to booting an operating system on a computer. BIOS being an alternative to UEFI already is less preferred when compared to it. Whether UEFI or BIOS is [...] This post UEFI Firmware settings...
  9. 'Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI Firmware' yet BIOS Mode set to UEFI

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    'Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI Firmware' yet BIOS Mode set to UEFI: Sometime in the fall I started getting Windows 10 update errors trying to install 1607 (the anniversary update I believe). After trying different fixes I just ignored it for a while hoping windows would come up with a fix. 6 months later and I'd like to finally resolved this...
  10. Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10: How to: Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10 How to Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10 Your PC's motherboard will either have a BIOS or UEFI firmware chip. BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is the firmware interface between a PC's hardware...