Windows 10: Bios needs to be upgraded before you can install the windows 10 update

Discus and support Bios needs to be upgraded before you can install the windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an hp pavilion laptop Until around 2018 I had been receiving all of the updates automatically then they stopped. I didn't notice right away... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DarrellS67, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Bios needs to be upgraded before you can install the windows 10 update

I have an hp pavilion laptop

Until around 2018 I had been receiving all of the updates automatically then they stopped. I didn't notice right away because I'm notconstantly on my computer. My computer came with windows 10 home already installed. I have been getting windows update errors since then and I have finally decided to take the time to try to get this resolved. I have tried installing the update but the computer says that I need to upgrade the BIOS first.

Exact Message

"HP Pavillion Notebook - BIOS needs to be upgraded before you can upgrade to windows 10"

I have tried updating the BIOS but when I try to do this through device manager it says that I have the most current BIOS. I tried the HP utility software and again it says that I have the most current BIOS installed.

Windows continually tries to install the update and then continues to tell me to upgrade the bios. This is frustrating as there seems like no get around this.

Update trying to be installed is windows 10, version 1903

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 1607

OS Build: 14393.2214

Processor: AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 compute cores 4C+ 6G 1.80 GHz

System type: 64 bit operating system, x64-based processor

System SKU: N9E13UA#ABA

BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. F.42, 11/30/2016

SMBIOS Version: 2.8

BIOS Mode: UEFI

:)

DarrellS67, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 2, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Bios needs to be upgraded before you can install the windows 10 update

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Bios needs to be upgraded before you can install the windows 10 update

1. Bios needs to be upgraded before you can install the windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Bios needs upgraded

2. You need activate windows before you can personalize your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You need activate windows before you can personalize your PC: Saya sekarang masih menggunakan windows 8.1 dan saya tidak mengupgrade ke windows 10 dikarenakan PC tidak mendukung, saya ingin bisa aktivasi Windows bagaimana caranya?...
  3. You need activate windows before you can personalize your PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You need activate windows before you can personalize your PC: Saya sekarang masih menggunakan windows 8.1 dan saya tidak mengupgrade ke windows 10 dikarenakan PC tidak mendukung, saya ingin bisa aktivasi Windows bagaimana caranya?...
  4. before you can perform print related tasks such as page setup you need to install a printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    before you can perform print related tasks such as page setup you need to install a printer: this error is happened in fnw 137 printer....how can l fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/before-you-can-perform-print-related-tasks-such-as/335b0d01-6ad4-400c-a791-9177d5f0fee2
  5. you need to activate windows before you can personalize your pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    you need to activate windows before you can personalize your pc: I was working on windows 8.1 for a few years. A few weeks ago I did a free upgrade to windows 10 home. There were no problems.About a week ago, Ipurchasedan upgrade to windows 10 pro. I tried to upgrade. upgrade failed. I installed some windows updates and got into this...
  6. Before you upgrade or install 20H2 read this!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Before you upgrade or install 20H2 read this!: Windows 10 20H2 has issues with nVidia graphics cards. Freezing, blue screen, black screen, windows update not working, icons unclickable, shurtdown or restart getting hung up are all related to nVidia and 20H2 not playing nicely. Driver updates will not help. If you are...
  7. A System Bios update is required before upgrading to the this version of Windows 10. Please...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A System Bios update is required before upgrading to the this version of Windows 10. Please...: Hello I wanted to upgrade my windows 10. When my windows upgrade finished, a message came as I have written in the subject. Please guide me on what to do. Should I upgrade the Bios or not....
  8. do you have to download all updates before you can upgrade to 1909

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    do you have to download all updates before you can upgrade to 1909: I wish to know, if you have to download all updates, or only some, before you can update to new major version like 1909. Because there are some bad updates, i use wutm wrapper script and i would rather choose manually. Thanks for reply :) 145295
  9. You need to format the disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You need to format the disk before you can use it: Hello, I have this problem where when I try to access a drive it says You need to format the disk before you can use and it has format disk and cancel options to click, Any solutions would be appreciated. The drive isnt removable either....
  10. Can you install Windows 10 drivers before updating?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can you install Windows 10 drivers before updating?: This might be a dumb question, but can you install Windows 10 drivers onto a Windows 7 system? I upgraded to windows 10 not to long ago, and suffered a sleuth of problems that led me to reverting back to Windows 7. I've concluded out-dated drivers were to blame, as my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows support said i need to get bios updated to install windows 10