Windows 10: BIOS not starting after switching off the power supply during Win update

Discus and support BIOS not starting after switching off the power supply during Win update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I need your guys help with following problem: (I hope this is the right sub for it, I dont know where to post this otherwise.) I have a dual boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zarinelu, Oct 1, 2020.

1. BIOS not starting after switching off the power supply during Win update

So I need your guys help with following problem: (I hope this is the right sub for it, I dont know where to post this otherwise.)

I have a dual boot system with Windows 10 on one disk and Linux Mint 20 on another one. This happened yesterday evening when I was on Windows and wanted to reboot to Linux. I was really in a hurry, but Windows decided to update when I hit "reboot". When the update finished, I accidentally booted to Windows again. Since I was even more hurried now, I just switched the power supply off and on again (during the Win boot) to boot again.

Problem now: BIOS wont boot anymore. Can that really affect the BIOS or even some hardware other than the disk?

The power supply seems to work, since RGB goes on pressing the power button, but the screens get no signal. I didnt have time to analyze the problem further so far, but I am going to do so when I am back home today.

Thank you for your help.

submitted by /u/zarinelu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zarinelu, Oct 1, 2020

2. IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal whenever I dis/connect the power supply

Hi Mikky,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you installed any software or programs on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What was the last thing you have done on your computer before this issue happened?
    Since this issue occurs every time you connect or disconnect the computer to the power supply, we suggest you run the Power troubleshooter. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left-side, click View all.
    • Select Power and run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, then probably the issue is with a faulty driver. Kindly installed the latest chipset driver for your computer. For better assistance on installing the right driver, we suggest you to contact your PC manufacturer.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Dude Win User
    Dude, Oct 1, 2020
  4. BIOS not starting after switching off the power supply during Win update

access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

BIOS not starting after switching off the power supply during Win update

1. BIOS not starting after switching off the power supply during Win update - Similar Threads - BIOS starting switching

2. Power supply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  3. Power supply

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  4. Monitors Switching Off During Game Start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors Switching Off During Game Start-up: So I have an Alienware Aurora R6 with a GTX 1070. I have 3 monitors plugged into the graphics card and recently whenever I go to start a game, all the monitors turn off but only 2 turn back on and the games will not load.Does anyone know what I can do?...
  5. Power supply surges detected during the previous power on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power supply surges detected during the previous power on.: I had CPU temp problem but a technician applied thermal paste and the temp is fixed.However I recently started having another problemwhen I launch any kind of game "Dota or rocket league" for example, after 2 min the pc will immediately restart by it self and show me this...
  6. replaced power supply now bios incorrect

replaced power supply now bios incorrect: I replaced power supply with identical unit but now second hdd and one other unit not showing in bios.I have checked all connections and they seem fine and switched connection from working hard drive but still wont show in bios setting...
  7. Still happening - Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Still happening - Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop: I posted this discussion on January. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-when-switching-off-power-supply-to-my-laptop/929db840-6877-48c4-add0-c8e688c40579 I tried the solution that was given, but didn't work. This issue is not fixed yet and is still...
  8. Is it possible to switch off the power supply of the USB socket on the PC?

Is it possible to switch off the power supply of the USB socket on the PC?: I want the data exchange to take place without the PC charging my smartphone. Is that possible? Kann man die Stromversorgung der USB-Buchse am PC abschalten?
  9. Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue when switching off power supply to my laptop: Whenever I switch off my laptop's power supply, it powers down immediately. It is supposed to stay on. This has been happening only for the past two or three days. There were only two updates recently KB4532938 and KB4528760 and this has been happening since. I have tried...
  10. Sound issues after switching Power Supply Unit

Sound issues after switching Power Supply Unit: Hi all, I had problems with my PC freezing and crashing several times in about 15-30 minutes after a cold boot. After several attempts to solve the issue (checking RAM voltage/frequency, flashing BIOS to newest versions) I thought maybe my 450W PSU was insufficient, so I...