Windows 10: Bios Oddity

Discus and support Bios Oddity in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just built a computer and when I boot it up it takes me to the splash screen which says press del to enter bios ect. Im using a wireless usb keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by silkystuff, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Bios Oddity

Just built a computer and when I boot it up it takes me to the splash screen which says press del to enter bios ect. Im using a wireless usb keyboard and when I press it and the speaker makes a typing noise but nothing happens?? How can I get it to actually enter bios because it obviously detects the keyboard. I tried all usb ports. Figured this keyboard would work as it's plug and play. Bios I'm using is American Megatrends.

:)

silkystuff, Mar 19, 2017
  2. John Sarc Win User

Explorer oddities

Hi,

You can try to run
    System File Checker
    , for possible resolution.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Mar 19, 2017
  3. Explorer oddities

Bios Oddity [​IMG]

I found THIS in my user folder yesterday. It disappeared an hour ago even though my PC has been on for the entire time. I'm referring to the blank... thing in case anyone's wondering. I could not use the LMB, RMB, or Enter key while my cursor is over the
    area on the monitor the file resides even in programs that are over it and/or fullscreen.

wut?

018d6395-16fc-4d79-8c07-82494c7aa97c, Mar 19, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Bios Oddity

Is the receiver plugged into a USB 2 or 3 port? If 3, try 2.

Ztruker, Mar 19, 2017
  5. It might depend on what wireless keyboard you use and if it works properly at boot time. Ive never had one not work, but you never know what some manufacturers do. Sometimes a single press of the BIOS key isnt enough to get the system to see it. Try to keep pressing the key about twice a second once the splash screen shows up and see if that gets you into the BIOS.

ArazelEternal, Mar 19, 2017
  6. Okay I did this and it says entering setup.. hopefully it works

silkystuff, Mar 19, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    and in addition to post #3 also, don't wait for the screen to come up telling you which key to press. Just start immediately pressing it after pressing the power button.

NavyLCDR, Mar 19, 2017
  8. Bios Oddity

I press it immediatly and now it just says "entering setup" forever, then eventually powers down

silkystuff, Mar 19, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Time to try a wired keyboard then look at the BIOS setup for clues maybe?

Ztruker, Mar 19, 2017
  10. I dont own one. It just says entering setup.. Please Help

silkystuff, Mar 19, 2017
  11. You said this is a brand new machine. Go basic, no drives, nothing unnecessary, one stick of memory in the right slot according to manual. If that doesn't work switch memory module.

What motherboard are you using?

Caledon Ken, Mar 19, 2017
  12. One stick of ram? Ok the speaker is beeping one time meaning dram refresh error. Need to find a way to fix this. Mobo is a jetway NF9F-H61

silkystuff, Mar 19, 2017
  13. Bios Oddity

Power down, unplug, carefully remove cmos battery, press power button 10 secs. Reassemble, boot.

Caledon Ken, Mar 19, 2017
  14. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Mar 19, 2017
  15. I can't find the cmos battery. Not the usual coin shaped one. Ugh

silkystuff, Mar 19, 2017
Thema:

Bios Oddity

1. Bios Oddity - Similar Threads - Bios Oddity

2. My computer always start in BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer always start in BIOS: When i turn on my computer/Restart it always start in BIOS, I have tried the tutorial on Youtube and Yeah it success But when i tried to Restart it back again to the BIOS, All the tutorial youtubers said "Tried this and it won't be back to the BIOS" or something like that....
  3. My computer always start in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer always start in BIOS: When i turn on my computer/Restart it always start in BIOS, I have tried the tutorial on Youtube and Yeah it success But when i tried to Restart it back again to the BIOS, All the tutorial youtubers said "Tried this and it won't be back to the BIOS" or something like that....
  4. My computer always start in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows fails to activate after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows fails to activate after bios update: after updating the bios of my new PC i found that my windows 11 home copy of which i bought through the Microsoft store was suddenly inactivated and showing an error of 0xc004F21. After clicking on the troubleshooter it fails but there's a "I changed Hardware on this device...
  6. windows fails to activate after bios update

windows fails to activate after bios update: after updating the bios of my new PC i found that my windows 11 home copy of which i bought through the Microsoft store was suddenly inactivated and showing an error of 0xc004F21. After clicking on the troubleshooter it fails but there's a "I changed Hardware on this device...
  7. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  8. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  9. How do I reset my bios password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my bios password: How do I reset my bios password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-bios-password/5336ee54-5d72-48b5-9164-b9cb98e53586
  10. How do I reset my bios password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my bios password: How do I reset my bios password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-bios-password/9d199c1f-601f-432f-bc0a-39d5a3e1661a