Windows 10: Bios Oddity

Discus and support Bios Oddity in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Found it. It was sideways. Resetting. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by silkystuff, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Bios Oddity

Found it. It was sideways. Resetting.

silkystuff, Mar 19, 2017

2. Reset the battery and it's still doin the same thing. About to give up. I even put the battery in both ways and it didn't make a difference

silkystuff, Mar 19, 2017
  3. Do you think this error could be caused because I'm using 1600mhz ram on a 1333mhz board?

silkystuff, Mar 19, 2017
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Bios Oddity

No. But RAM of any speed must meet the motherboards specifications.

Building a new desktop PC with legacy keyboard and mouse is basic necessity. It just eliminates any compatibility problems like the one you may be dealing with.
    See if you can borrow a keyboard from someone. Or buy a cheap portable keyboard.
    Unplug all USB and wireless components until you have the machine up and running. Preferrably, don't start installing these things until Windows is installed and running well. The point is to minimize the potential number of errors.

5. Agree with TV2.

They specified on page 2 of manual, supports DDRIII 1066/1333 Mhz. 1600 should be able to clock down but you are outside their suggested specs.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 19, 2017
  6. ^This. Faster RAM will usually clock down to a lower speed without issue, but there are always exceptions to the rule. The rule of thumb is to always follow the mobo specs and stay within them. If possible, I would try memory that is within the mobo spec and see if that fixes any issues.

ArazelEternal, Mar 20, 2017
  7. Thanks for the replies. since the mobo wont even POST I'm just going to try different ram in a few days hopefully that solves it.

silkystuff, Mar 20, 2017
  8. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Bios Oddity

Pay attention to the most important RAM spec: voltage.
    (and oddly the most often omitted spec)

Most newer motherboards will run on either 1.35v or 1.5v modules, but you have to read the manual to be sure.
    You can also just look at the RAM it had in it. Try and match all of the specs of that RAM: voltage, buffering, ECC.

Some motherboards can get real cranky when it comes to timings. Again, try and match or stay close to the original RAM spec on timings.

The motherboard manufacturer will also have a list of tested RAM for your motherboard on their website.

9. Thanks for the info, it looks like my new ram is compatable (very similar ones by the same company are). I'll post if it works or not

silkystuff, Mar 21, 2017
  10. Just found out it's a video memory read/write error.. Im so dumb

silkystuff, Mar 22, 2017
  11. Listened to the mb speaker, might have to replace my brand new video card this is so difficult

silkystuff, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bios Oddity

1. Bios Oddity - Similar Threads - Bios Oddity

2. Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. I got an automatic BIOS update on my HP laptop months ago, and recently my CMOS was likely messed up. Someone said that trying to upgrade with a...
  3. Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. I got an automatic BIOS update on my HP laptop months ago, and recently my CMOS was likely messed up. Someone said that trying to upgrade with a...
  4. Can updating BIOs with broken CMOS be fatal?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10: I'm trying to install WSL but I keep getting the same error.Here are some photos of my settings:https://photos.app.goo.gl/D1TLZoWW64rTMXHa7I don't have any 3rd party anti-virus I used toI have VMware verison 16 installed.Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  6. Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10

Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10: I'm trying to install WSL but I keep getting the same error.Here are some photos of my settings:https://photos.app.goo.gl/D1TLZoWW64rTMXHa7I don't have any 3rd party anti-virus I used toI have VMware verison 16 installed.Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  7. Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. PC won't boot into bios, need help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't boot into bios, need help!: Here's my PC Specs:- Motherboard: ASrock B550m Pro 4 Bios ver: 2.71- CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X- GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB OC,PCIe- PSU: Coolermaster MWE GOLD v2 modular 650w- RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 32GB 2 x 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 AMD Ryzen Memory Kit- HDD: 500GB SSD,M.2-...
  9. PC won't boot into bios, need help!

PC won't boot into bios, need help!: Here's my PC Specs:- Motherboard: ASrock B550m Pro 4 Bios ver: 2.71- CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X- GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB OC,PCIe- PSU: Coolermaster MWE GOLD v2 modular 650w- RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 32GB 2 x 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 AMD Ryzen Memory Kit- HDD: 500GB SSD,M.2-...
  10. Have a brand new ssd but doesnt show up for me to allocate,shows up in bios but not in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Have a brand new ssd but doesnt show up for me to allocate,shows up in bios but not in...: Read toppic message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-a-brand-new-ssd-but-doesnt-show-up-for-me-to/834ff925-1d2b-4e35-b190-cdd5281b94fa