Windows 10: BIOS or Chipset Driver Update

Discus and support BIOS or Chipset Driver Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can someone help me find the latest BIOS or Chipset for my HP (Hewlett-Packard) Desktop? The latest BIOS update package doesn't work from HP. It always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jesse Williams, Dec 10, 2020.

1. BIOS or Chipset Driver Update

Can someone help me find the latest BIOS or Chipset for my HP (Hewlett-Packard) Desktop? The latest BIOS update package doesn't work from HP. It always says this BIOS version doesn't match the hardware on your computer. So would a Chipset update fix it?

Reason for asking: My HP (Hewlett-Packard) Wireless USB Keyboard is not wanting to work right on the computer. When I am trying to type something out, some of the keys get stuck and won't type out the letter. The issue isn't physical. It is software related.

Windows 10 Version 20H2

:)

Jesse Williams, Dec 10, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Dec 10, 2020
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused BIOS or Chipset Driver Update :confused:

oli_ramsay, Dec 10, 2020
  4. BIOS or Chipset Driver Update

Firmware update for the graphics chipset

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to update you graphic drivers and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to download the latest graphic drivers form the manufacturer’s website and install it on your computer.

To update your chipset drivers, I suggest you to contact you chipset manufacturer and check.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

BIOS or Chipset Driver Update

1. BIOS or Chipset Driver Update - Similar Threads - BIOS Chipset Driver

2. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chipset drivers: should i install the last 3 drivers which it contains different names or installing the last one would be enough? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-drivers/940eedf3-3457-40f3-8363-f85be36385a7
  3. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chipset drivers: should i install the last 3 drivers which it contains different names or installing the last one would be enough? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-drivers/940eedf3-3457-40f3-8363-f85be36385a7
  4. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What is a Chipset driver and how do you update Chipset drivers?

in Windows 10 News
    What is a Chipset driver and how do you update Chipset drivers?: [IMG]In computer terminology, a device driver is a set of files that tells a piece of hardware how to function by communicating with a computer’s operating system. In this post, we discuss what is a Chipset driver and how do you update Chipset drivers on Windows 11 or Windows...
  6. Longer loading times after updating Chipset drivers and BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Longer loading times after updating Chipset drivers and BIOS: So a few weeks ago I was having problems where my PC was constantly crashing and was told to update my drivers like Chipset and BIOS, I updated the chipset drivers and no more crashes but I was getting FPS drops so I updated the BIOS drivers and it fixed the FPS drops but now...
  7. Updating Chipset Drivers Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating Chipset Drivers Error: Hello, I updated chipset drivers few days ago, and now when I boot my pc usually i dont see any disks at task manager, after 5 minutes they appear, but while they are not active I couldn't launch some programms and some programms are crashing, like my antivirus (Eset) or...
  8. Old Chipset Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old Chipset Driver: I have an old laptop which is a thinkpad r61i, I wonder should I install old chipset driver which manufacturer provide in 2012 or just let the windows install all the drivers itself. Btw this old chipset driver includes: IntelR ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 283F...
  9. BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. Updated BIOS, chipset and all drivers found with Driver...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. Updated BIOS, chipset and all drivers found with Driver...: I have also disabled the NVidia HD Audio as I had read the problem can be caused by a conflict between different audio drivers. I do not use the HDAudio but take audio from the motherboard. My Minidump is here. This problem has been happening often, but not regularly....
  10. Need guidance on how to update my chipset and BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need guidance on how to update my chipset and BIOS: I posted a problem I was having a couple of weeks ago and some nice gentleman suggested I update my chip set and BIOS. I have the new drivers but I must be doing something wrong when I try to update those two things from my BIOS. I decided to try to update the chipset...