Windows 10: BIOS reset setting

Discus and support BIOS reset setting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I recently gave my brother my laptop for like 2 years and he changed a lot of things in the BIOS and I don't feel comfortable with them and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Snorpii, Mar 8, 2020.

1. BIOS reset setting

Hello, I recently gave my brother my laptop for like 2 years and he changed a lot of things in the BIOS and I don't feel comfortable with them and I want to go back but I don't remember which were the default settings (the laptop is a HP 14-r203ns) so I wonder if it were like an option to go back.

submitted by /u/Snorpii
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Snorpii, Mar 8, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Dano 00TA Win User
    Bios keeps resetting...not the battery

I'm having problems with a abit AW9D Max board in an older build of mine that keeps resetting the bios everytime I shut it down. The time is ok so I assume it's not the battery but the other settings such as Uguru setting, ram and other stuff resets to defaults*Wtf :wtf: I've had this computer for a few years with nothing like this happening till now. I'd just leave everything at default but the Uguru alarm goes off whenever I start it and I have to disable it in the bios. Any suggestions on what I can try?

Dano 00TA, Mar 8, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

BIOS reset setting

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

BIOS reset setting

1. BIOS reset setting - Similar Threads - BIOS reset setting

2. Why my bios settings keep getting reset?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why my bios settings keep getting reset?: Hello,Im currently facing a problem with my bios. I enabled virtualization in bios settings but when i boot my pc again after shutting it down it automatically gets disabled. The problem is also with other settings like if i change graphics memory it reset to its default...
  3. No video signal after resetting BIOS to standard settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No video signal after resetting BIOS to standard settings: Hi.A while back I encountered a problem where my system wouldn't boot to windows. For some reason I was also unable to for example load an earlier restore point, or as I've had to do several times earlier use my bootable USB installation media to boot/repair the...
  4. No video signal after resetting BIOS to standard settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No video signal after resetting BIOS to standard settings: Hi.A while back I encountered a problem where my system wouldn't boot to windows. For some reason I was also unable to for example load an earlier restore point, or as I've had to do several times earlier use my bootable USB installation media to boot/repair the...
  5. Guidance regarding resetting BIOS/UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Guidance regarding resetting BIOS/UEFI settings: Supermicro MB (C7Q67), 8GB Ram, I7 2600 CPU, 1 SSD, 2 2TB HDDs, Windows 2004. I'm looking for recommendations on what to do about the BIOS settings regarding the boot option entries listed in my 3 boot options lists under the Boot tab. All three boot options contain a list of...
  6. BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings: Yesterday I updated my BIOS and everything is working fine. Now do I need to reset the BIOS settings or I leave it as it is? I read somewhere that it's good to reset the bios settings after you do a BIOS update . What should I do, thanks. 137701
  7. BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings: Yesterday I updated my BIOS and everything is working fine. Now do I need to reset the BIOS settings or I leave it at it is? I read somewhere that it's good to reset the bios settings after you do a BIOS update . What should I do, thanks. 137701
  8. KB4462919 Windows update reset bios settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4462919 Windows update reset bios settings: Hello, After windows update KB4462919 was installed automatically, all my bios settings were reset. I haven't the bios password, and i can't change bios settings. Any solution to this critical issue? Thanks, Mordehai...
  9. How to reset the BIOS settings if there's no CMOS battery or jumper?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reset the BIOS settings if there's no CMOS battery or jumper?: Hey guys, So, I have this friend who messed up the BIOS settings on his Acer Aspire 5745G and now the laptop turns on but it's just a black screen. He said that he switched from his onboard video to his discreet video card and that's when the problem occurred. I know I can...
  10. A few questions about resetting the BIOS settings.

in Windows 10 Support
    A few questions about resetting the BIOS settings.: Hey, What is the proper way to short the CMOS jumper on a laptop motherboard if I don't have that thing that goes on it? Also, when doing a BIOS recovery (this laptop's keyboard is broken and I can't use the Fn key) can I use an external normal-sized mechanical keyboard...