Windows 10: BIOS, Secure boot status being off, while UEFI settings show that Secure boot is enabled

Discus and support BIOS, Secure boot status being off, while UEFI settings show that Secure boot is enabled in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I am struggling to enable Secure boot status, even though that the UEFI setting is enabled. I have already tried to set to BIOS defaults and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Somac76, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Somac76 Win User

BIOS, Secure boot status being off, while UEFI settings show that Secure boot is enabled

Hi, I am struggling to enable Secure boot status, even though that the UEFI setting is enabled. I have already tried to set to BIOS defaults and then trying again, but it did not work.My storage device is set for GPT formatting.I found that restoring factory keys might be the solution but I do not know whether, that could do any harm to my personal data on my computer. Should I try restoring factory keys, or there is an other solution for my problem?Thank you for your answer!

:)

Somac76, Aug 23, 2022

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Aug 23, 2022
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Aug 23, 2022
  4. BIOS, Secure boot status being off, while UEFI settings show that Secure boot is enabled

N a sh e r, Aug 23, 2022
Thema:

BIOS, Secure boot status being off, while UEFI settings show that Secure boot is enabled

1. BIOS, Secure boot status being off, while UEFI settings show that Secure boot is enabled - Similar Threads - BIOS Secure boot

2. how to enable secure boot even if UEFI and secure boot control is on/enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to enable secure boot even if UEFI and secure boot control is on/enabled: as how the question goes, I can't find a way to manually enable secure boot itself even if secure boot control and UEFI is on and used. how do I enable it? like the secure boot in the BIOS settings of mine can't be changed but the secure boot control can be changed, I have...
  3. System Information says Secure Boot is off despite Boot Type being set to UEFI. Secure boot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Information says Secure Boot is off despite Boot Type being set to UEFI. Secure boot...: I'll include some hopefully helpful screenshots here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-information-says-secure-boot-is-off-despite/ad90703f-ee6e-4663-9caa-fdd7148ee9de
  4. System Information says Secure Boot is off despite Boot Type being set to UEFI. Secure boot...

System Information says Secure Boot is off despite Boot Type being set to UEFI. Secure boot...: I'll include some hopefully helpful screenshots here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-information-says-secure-boot-is-off-despite/ad90703f-ee6e-4663-9caa-fdd7148ee9de
  5. BIOS, Secure boot status being off, while UEFI settings show that Secure boot is enabled

BIOS, Secure boot status being off, while UEFI settings show that Secure boot is enabled: Hi, I am struggling to enable Secure boot status, even though that the UEFI setting is enabled. I have already tried to set to BIOS defaults and then trying again, but it did not work.My storage device is set for GPT formatting.I found that restoring factory keys might be the...
  6. Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings: Hello, I have been trying to play Valorant, but every time I launch the game I get an error stating that TPM and secure boot need to be enabled. To start, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-52KW running windows 11 The UEFI/BIOS I have is Insydeh20 setup utility version 2.06 I...
  7. Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings

Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings: Hello, I have been trying to play Valorant, but every time I launch the game I get an error stating that TPM and secure boot need to be enabled. To start, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-52KW running windows 11 The UEFI/BIOS I have is Insydeh20 setup utility version 2.06 I...
  8. Secure Boot Status Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot Status Off: Hello, One day i check my System Information and i saw that Secure Boot Status Is off. How can i turn it on pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-status-off/ceaaba55-3385-442f-b592-45709b125f27
  9. Secure Boot Status Off

Secure Boot Status Off: Hello, One day i check my System Information and i saw that Secure Boot Status Is off. How can i turn it on pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-status-off/ceaaba55-3385-442f-b592-45709b125f27
  10. UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?: So i had secure boot up and running on my windows 8.1 machine after a clean install, but now since microsoft upgraded me to windows 10 it seems as my secure boot is off again, but it's enabled in my bios is so weird, it's enabled in bios but off in windows 10? Is not much of...