Windows 10: BIOS showing a RAM change on boot despite no RAM change

Discus and support BIOS showing a RAM change on boot despite no RAM change in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/CarryTheBoat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ksl6e9/bios_showing_a_ram_change_on_boot_despite_no_ram/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CarryTheBoat, Jan 7, 2021.

1. BIOS showing a RAM change on boot despite no RAM change

/u/CarryTheBoat, Jan 7, 2021

2. Changing RAM Settings

Hi a,

My name is Riccardo and I'd be happy to assist.

Generally when you install more RAM the Operating System just takes that additional RAM and adds it to its physical memory allowance. If you are not seeing the additional RAM there are a few troubleshooting steps we can perform.

Step 1 - Is it showing up in the BIOS?

Can you go into the BIOS settings of your computer and check if it shows 16GB vs the 8GB you had before?

Step 2 - Is there a software limit that is causing the extra RAM not to be seen?

Click Start > type in msconfig

Press Enter

Click on the Boot Tab

Go to your Windows 10 Install (loaded on the C:\ Drive)

Click Advanced Options

Is there a maximum memory lock?

If so, unclick Maximum Memory...

Step 3 - Is Windows 10 actually reading 16GB of physical memory?

Go to Start > type in System

Click System Information

Under Installed Physical Memory is it showing 16GB?

Let me know if the above helps you, if not I will be here to assist with further troubleshooting steps.

c12f15dc-7bff-4426-b6c1-6cd384eeb051, Jan 7, 2021
  3. CountMike Win User
    Can't Change RAM Frequency in Bios

That's different, those G processors are quite limited. My Ryzen also says 3200 but I had it at 4000MHz.

CountMike, Jan 7, 2021
  4. DW7EZV Win User

BIOS showing a RAM change on boot despite no RAM change

Can't Change RAM Frequency in Bios

Here are the images I took on my bios settings;

Default - Auto

BIOS showing a RAM change on boot despite no RAM change [​IMG]

Changed to XMP - DDR4 2667

Nothings changed, still 2400 after save/restart

My RAM;

SPD

no slot # 2 cause I only have 1 ram.

//Does it affect why the frequency will not show 2666 because I only have 1 RAM? Why?

DW7EZV, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

BIOS showing a RAM change on boot despite no RAM change

1. BIOS showing a RAM change on boot despite no RAM change - Similar Threads - BIOS showing RAM

2. Parameter "Changed" in RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parameter "Changed" in RAM: For a long time I noticed that after an hour of computer work 400-500 megabytes are accumulated in the parameter "Changed" and are not unloaded anywhere and are there right up to the end of work at the computer and so continues for a long time.Can I somehow find out what is...
  3. Parameter "Changed" in RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parameter "Changed" in RAM: For a long time I noticed that after an hour of computer work 400-500 megabytes are accumulated in the parameter "Changed" and are not unloaded anywhere and are there right up to the end of work at the computer and so continues for a long time.Can I somehow find out what is...
  4. Parameter "Changed" in RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. if the ram is changed will it be changed the machine code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if the ram is changed will it be changed the machine code: machine code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-the-ram-is-changed-will-it-be-changed-the/de8ea2e4-4ecc-4a70-8f68-7a87cf37253a
  6. 8Gb Ram yet BIOS only shows 4Gb of RAM

8Gb Ram yet BIOS only shows 4Gb of RAM: Okay so, Yesterday I cleaned my RAM sticks with a cloth 2x 4GB and placed them back in the slots. I then, went to BIOS and it shows that both of my slots are in use I only have 2 slots but when I checked the memory on BIOS, it only shows 4GB which should be 8Gb and as...
  7. RAM frequency doesn't change on BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM frequency doesn't change on BIOS: MotherBoard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H (rev. 1.0) RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200MHz (CMK32GX4M2B3200C16) I wanted to change my ram Mhz on Bios. When i opened RAM options, there were two separate profiles, one it was default (and it was already selected) and the other...
  8. Can't Change RAM Frequency in Bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Change RAM Frequency in Bios: Hi! I have a EX-H310M-V3 R2.0 with bios v1202 and Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4-2666. The frequency shows 2400. I want to change it to 2666 as advertised. I change the XMP to 2666 and saved it. After restart it is still 2400. What to do? Thanks! 152648
  9. Changing RAM Settings

Changing RAM Settings: i need help changing my RAM's settings. I have 16gb of RAM and my computer has it set on 8gb. How do I change the settings to set it on 16gb? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-ram-settings/d60ed76a-b79d-4e7e-bfd0-82e3007f9676
  10. RAM Memory Change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Memory Change: Sir, Can Anyone advise.I buy 2nd hand HP Elite book Folio 9470m at first when i buy i check the configuration of RAM it was 8 GB with 500 GB HDD then after a few days My laptop suddenly appears Bootable Disc Not Found i learned from Comp.Technician that my HDD have...