Windows 10: BIOS Startup Screen gone since 10 upgrade

Discus and support BIOS Startup Screen gone since 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When running windows 7, for the first few seconds upon booting my laptop, it would display a startup message, "Press ESC for boot selection, F2 for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by glen4cindy, Dec 7, 2015.

1. BIOS Startup Screen gone since 10 upgrade

When running windows 7, for the first few seconds upon booting my laptop, it would display a startup message,

"Press ESC for boot selection, F2 for setup, etc......."

Now, nothing. I cannot choose to enter setup, BIOS, get to ESC for a boot selection screen in case I might want to boot from a flash drive or a floppy just once.

I cannot figure out how to get it back either.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

:)

glen4cindy, Dec 7, 2015

2. Windows 10 update, stuck at select boot device

Hello i upgraded my pc early this morning on may18th and ever since then i am now stuck on the select boot device screen if its a bios setting how do i get into bios if i cant do advanced startup.

JohnMatheson518, Dec 7, 2015
  3. Windows unable to detect the CD/DVD ROM

Hello since i upgrade to windows 10 my LG GH22NS50 DVD player is gone.

Its visible in the bios , but windows 10 doesnt see it

Original title: dvd in windows 10

RamasubramanianHariharan, Dec 7, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

BIOS Startup Screen gone since 10 upgrade

Click on restart from the power icon instead of shutdown.

or

Hold down shift key when you click shutdown.

or

Turn off fast startup in Windows.
    Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

The "problem" is that with fast startup enabled, when you just click shutdown the computer doesn't actually shutdown. It enters more of a hibernation state and doesn't give control back 100% to bios.

Restart performs a complete shutdown before rebooting - holding down shift when clicking shutdown overrides the fast startup - and turning of fast startup permanently disables fast startup and every shutdown is a complete shutdown.

NavyLCDR, Dec 7, 2015
  5. Perfect!

Thank you!!

glen4cindy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

BIOS Startup Screen gone since 10 upgrade

1. BIOS Startup Screen gone since 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - BIOS Startup Screen

2. Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen: Hi my laptop is relatively new but today when it went into Hibernation mode, the screen froze. I hard reset the laptop and the Blue Screen 'There is a problem with your computer we need to restart it' Sad Emoji. The blue screen disappeared and showed the BIOS Setup page. No...
  3. Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen: Hi my laptop is relatively new but today when it went into Hibernation mode, the screen froze. I hard reset the laptop and the Blue Screen 'There is a problem with your computer we need to restart it' Sad Emoji. The blue screen disappeared and showed the BIOS Setup page. No...
  4. Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck on InsydeH20 BIOS screen on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on InsydeH20 BIOS screen on startup: Hi there, whenever I start up my computer, I get stuck on the InsydeH20 utility and the laptop starts beeping. I have to switch off the laptop because no key interacts with this error. The laptop was fine until I upgraded to Windows 10. How do I fix this?...
  6. Windows 10 welcome screen is gone since last security update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 welcome screen is gone since last security update: Hi, I have a problem with my Windows 10 since the last Updatepatch last week. I have also searched the forum, but unfortunately found nothing. My computer is password protected, or rather my Windows. So far, it has always been the case that when I switched on my computer...
  7. Since upgrading to Win 10, get frequent BSOD's on startup

Since upgrading to Win 10, get frequent BSOD's on startup: I was running Windows 8.1 until roughly a month ago. When Threshold 2 update was released, I decided to try upgrading to Win 10, via the GWX app. Everything pretty much works, I have a few issues but they are mostly minor. One of these issues is that when I start up my PC, it...
  8. BSOD sometimes after startup since upgrading to Windows 10

BSOD sometimes after startup since upgrading to Windows 10: My BSOD is Kernel_Security_Check_Failure. It occurs after startup. It only began after upgrading to 10 on Friday. I never had crashes running 7. Lately I've been making it through to the password screen and then the BSOD happens. Next time I startup, it might not happen....
  9. Screen Resolution Strange Since Upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Resolution Strange Since Upgrade to 10: I apologize if this isn't the correct place for this post. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 some screens aren't displaying correctly. Some programs are unclear and text is fuzzy others are fine. Even within windows I get different displays, see the attached, the text on...
  10. BIOS power on function disabled since Win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS power on function disabled since Win 10 upgrade: I have the BIOS setting to auto power on every day at a designated time. It has worked with a dual boot Win 7/8.1 system. However, since upgrading the Win 8.1 to Win 10 (dual boot Win 7/10) it no longer powers on at the designated time. Its still set up correctly in the BIOS....