Windows 10: Bios switched screen think i know why but need clarification.

Discus and support Bios switched screen think i know why but need clarification. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So recently my pc ran into some issues and would not post. Found out it was due to hardware conflict. We removed the culprit during this I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dino-Army, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Bios switched screen think i know why but need clarification.

So recently my pc ran into some issues and would not post. Found out it was due to hardware conflict. We removed the culprit during this I had to reboot pc multiple times for different tests. The last one i did was Memtest86. Now after that every time i boot my BIOS goes to right hand side monitor. I heard that CSM can cause this if enabled which upon checking my BIOS it was enabled. BUT on my motherboard guide it say's this.

" CSM Enable to launch the Compatibility Support Module. Please do not disable unless you’re running a WHCK test "

Now I checked everything else my C: drive is a GPT with a EFI loader on it and Msinfo32 does show "BIOS MODE: UEFI". So my question is did Memtest86 enable CSM (Bios could do it automatically) And is it safe to disable with the warning note above. Or did something else set primary display.

Motherboard = X570 Phantom Gaming 4
    CPU= Ryzen 3900x
    Memory = 32GB ddr4 3600mhz
    Graphics = GTX 1070TI

submitted by /u/Dino-Army
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dino-Army, Dec 27, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Dec 27, 2020
  3. R-T-B Win User
    BST forum rule clarification

Just for the record, I only suggested the clarification because suggesting everyone has a basic grasp of english simply is not true.

R-T-B, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Bios switched screen think i know why but need clarification.

access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Bios switched screen think i know why but need clarification.

1. Bios switched screen think i know why but need clarification. - Similar Threads - Bios switched screen

2. i need to know!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need to know!: when will we be able to update and have the windows logo back on the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-know/6cb57010-4cc5-4db6-9673-29d5692b8d94
  3. Why I Need to Know

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I Need to Know: This is a question, but I hope that it provokes a discussion with unlimited outrage toleratedWhy do members want to know "why I ask" when I have explained what I want and the reason for it? This happens with competently posed questions. It's as if the why ask guys suspect...
  4. Why I Need to Know

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I Need to Know: This is a question, but I hope that it provokes a discussion with unlimited outrage toleratedWhy do members want to know "why I ask" when I have explained what I want and the reason for it? This happens with competently posed questions. It's as if the why ask guys suspect...
  5. i dont know but, i think this is serious

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i dont know but, i think this is serious: whenever i open an app, and i started typing or clicking, it always open help or support pages automatically without any commands, it rapidly sends a lot of signals that crashes windows. it happens in almost all apps, i have asked this in the past but all the suggestions...
  6. Thinking of switching from Mac to Windows. Need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thinking of switching from Mac to Windows. Need help: Hello, I've been thinking about buying a PC for awhile now and quit Apple ecosystem. I do use Windows 10 daily at work, so I kind of know what to expect, I guess, but I do need some help: I have external harddrives in APFS format. How can I transfer my files from Mac to...
  7. Need a Bit of Clarification Reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need a Bit of Clarification Reinstalling Windows: See, I want to do a clean reinstall of Windows on my laptop. My laptop has two storage devices, a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. Windows is installed on the SSD. My question is, if I select the [Clean Install] option for reinstalling Windows from an Installation Media, will it...
  8. Need clarification for Windows Age restriction

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need clarification for Windows Age restriction: I am setting up Child account in Windows. I selected 'Allowed apps and games for 12 years Old' [ATTACH] I was expected they will show me all Apps / Games under the age 12 but while I checked it shows me allowed items as 12 years and up. I don't understand why do they...
  9. Need clarification in logs of a Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need clarification in logs of a Windows Defender: Hi All, I was looking into the MPlogs of Windows Defender & I came across this events:- 2019-11-14T08:57:40.258Z [Mini-filter] Unsuccessful scan status: \Drive\sap\dev_krnlreg. Process: (unknown), Status: 0xc000004b, State: 0, ScanRequest #1669368, FileId:...
  10. Another 0xC004c003 but think I know why but not how to fix The

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Another 0xC004c003 but think I know why but not how to fix The: I am getting the activation error 0xC004c003 invalid key like a lot of you too. I upgraded a few windows 10 and they activated no problem but not this one. I believe the problem is when I had windows 7 installed and activated I had to replace a hardware component....