Windows 10: BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot

Discus and support BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Problem I'm trying to boot from a USB pen ( Windows Install, Hirens, Any OTHER ) The problem is it sometimes works , sometimes as in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Office User 2016, May 7, 2019.

1. BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot

Hi,

Problem

I'm trying to boot from a USB pen ( Windows Install, Hirens, Any OTHER )

The problem is it sometimes works , sometimes as in Windows installer works when I wipe the on board drive.

I can't get it to boot to anything else even when the on board drive it wiped.

What I want to achive

I've got 4 Chillblast PC's and one was replaced, because of a fault, so I made a windows image and would like to use that to cut down on setup time.

I know I'm wasting time trying to do this but they fail more often than not when they get updates and this means I have to set them up again quite regularly.

INFO

Aptio Setup Utility - American Megatrends

BIOS ver. YB1 0.07

CPU Intel Atom x5 Z8350

It's a really cut down version and doesn't have things like

'Launch CSM'

'secure Boot Control'

:)

Office User 2016, May 7, 2019
  2. chasx5 Win User

How to boot from a W10 recovery usb drive(non UEFI bios)

I recently installed W10 with the NOV upgrade, works fine. I prepared a recovery usb drive and it has the required content. My system's bios just lists the following boot order: floppy disc, CD drive, sata hard drive, dvd drive, but no choice for usb drive.
    I tried switching around the order but no luck. motherboard:asus P5B deluxe. Another system with UEFI bios works fine and boots from the usb drive. Is it possible to boot from my system from a usb drive, and if it can be done how shoul I do it.

Thanks

chasx5, May 7, 2019
  3. Install Windows 10 using UEFI bootable USB thumb drive

You need to go into you system bios and select allow uefi usb drive. Then add the UEFI usb drive to the boot menu

better way to partition aand create an bootable usb.

For the UEFI system, we can use these steps to create the bootable USB:

1.Locate a 4GB or larger USB flash drive

2.Open Diskpart and run the following command cmd admin type diskpart

• Type DiskPart in the command prompt.
    • Type "List Disk” (make note of the disk number of the target USB drive).
    • Type "Select Disk X”, where X is the target USB drive noted in step 4.
    • Type "Clean”.
    • Type "Create Partition Primary”.
    • Type "format FS=fat32 quick”.
    • Type "Active”.
    • Type "Assign".
    • Type "Exit".

Copy your ISO files to the drive and reboot

never use UEFI it better to repartition and remove UEFI go with legacy bois

bfvetscolakid, May 7, 2019
  4. Harry9001 Win User

BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot

Gigabyte Mobo not booting from usb

USB legecy is on and by pressing F12, i get the option which device to boot, ive tried both the usb options listed there(simple and uefi one) nothing works

Harry9001, May 7, 2019
Thema:

BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot

1. BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot - Similar Threads - BIOS UEFI can't

2. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  3. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  4. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb: When i try to boot the windows 10 usb in UEFI mode i get past the post screen to the windows logo, after a few seconds the computer restarts and it just keeps repeating. It works in bios legacy mode. I've managed to install build 1709 from an old iso in UEFI, but newer builds...
  6. Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb: When i try to boot the windows 10 usb in UEFI mode i get past the post screen to the windows logo, after a few seconds the computer restarts and it just keeps repeating. It works in bios legacy mode. I've managed to install build 1709 from an old iso in UEFI, but newer builds...
  7. Can't enter BIOS/UEFI or boot from a device

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't enter BIOS/UEFI or boot from a device: Hello! There is a frustrating situation on my new laptop Lenovo ideapad 3, any help would be much appreciated. I starterd a clean install of Windows 10, booted from USB, and in the setup I deleted all the existing partitions (which is my primary suspect for the cause of...
  8. Bios order of boot and UEFI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bios order of boot and UEFI: Hi there, what is the optimum order of "boot" you need to set the bios at for a quicker start-up? And where do you place the UEFI component in relation to the actual firmware in the order of boot? Thank you, Robert....
  9. Can't disable secure boot in bios/uefi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't disable secure boot in bios/uefi: I'm having trouble installing windows 10 on my new built. after asking a microsoft employee they told me to disable the secure boot. but for some reason there is no option for that, its either - Other OS - Windows UEFI mode what do i do? My mobo is a Asus Prime...
  10. USB Mouse does not work | Boot to BIOS/UEFI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mouse does not work | Boot to BIOS/UEFI: Hello all, I am trying update my system BIOS. The System Board has an update for it. Boot to Windows 10 UEFI does not enable the USB mouse and keyboard, and I do not have a PS2 combo to attempt, although I am not sure that will work either, depending on consensus. Might...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bios yb1 0.07 x64

2. uefi bios cant upgrade bios anymore

3. uefi firmware settings fix boot problems with usb

4. uefi bios cant see boot usb,
  5. can bios be altered for usb boot