Windows 10: BIOS / UEFI setup

Discus and support BIOS / UEFI setup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have several Dell E6410's here with latest Win 10 1803 update and A17 BIOS. All ok apart from one machine which the power light stays on at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by keithjr, Aug 20, 2018.

1. keithjr Win User

BIOS / UEFI setup

Hi,

I have several Dell E6410's here with latest Win 10 1803 update and A17 BIOS. All ok apart from one machine which the power light stays on at shutdown. This particular machine happens to be set up with the boot option set to UEFI whereas the others use Legacy.

So I tried to change the boot option on the problem machine from UEFI to Legacy and it fails to boot saying no boot device found. I did notice that when I set it to Legacy a button saying Load Defaults, but when I pressed that I was warned "Load all default settings. Current setting will be lost" which put me off, so I cancelled out of that. Should I hold my breath and press this button to properly enable Legacy mode?

:)

keithjr, Aug 20, 2018
  2. RandelA Win User

Windows Setup and UEFI BIOS

Suppose I have my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit ISO setup contents copied to a boot-able USB flash drive.
    Suppose I modified it by copying the folder efi/microsoft/boot, and pasting it to efi/ to make my windows boot on UEFI systems. (as said on this tutorial, for 64-bit)

Question:
    Would my UEFI-ied Windows 7 Setup work on other BIOS systems?

RandelA, Aug 20, 2018
  3. UEFI and BIOS problem

After going though the steps of to access my Uefi/ Bios menu (go to advanced options, click recovery, restart, advanced options yadadada) my bios menu changed. I cannot for the life of me figure out how i can access my onboard chipset. I just want to
    enable my onboard graphics card. Any help would be appreciated.

MikeParkerson, Aug 20, 2018
  4. BIOS / UEFI setup

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

BIOS / UEFI setup

1. BIOS / UEFI setup - Similar Threads - BIOS UEFI setup

2. UEFI settings. I change Bios from Legacy & UEFI to UEFI only but it reboots back to bios...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI settings. I change Bios from Legacy & UEFI to UEFI only but it reboots back to bios...: As shown above the Bios does not want to take the change. I also did UEFI on all the rest like network etc but again Bios did not take the change so everything back to legacy and all works fine. But I need to change to UEFI to get Win 11. I changed to TMP with no problems...
  3. UEFI vs BIOS: What is the difference between BIOS and UEFI?

in Windows 10 News
    UEFI vs BIOS: What is the difference between BIOS and UEFI?: [ATTACH]Is UEFI better or should you use BIOS? Anyone who is interested in understanding how their personal computers work will find this guide to be helpful. We explain the difference between BIOS (Basic Input-Output System) & UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) in...
  4. BIOS MODE UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS MODE UEFI: MY PC DOES NOT SUPPORT BIOS MODE UEFI HOW TO SUPPORT THE UEFI IN MY PC INSPIRON 15 5558 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-mode-uefi/ac6086ce-66ea-4ac5-a024-1fecbf1aa88a
  5. Outdated BIOS to UEFI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outdated BIOS to UEFI: Hi guys. So recently i was trying to figure out if how to boot into UEFI, but sadly there was no option for me to do that in the boot menu. Later on i googled some stuff and it told me to check system configuration to see if it says 'Legacy' which is Bios that you can convert...
  6. UEFI instead of BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UEFI instead of BIOS: Hi guys. So recently i've been checking out my system components and my BIOS seems to be outdated. First of all i want to install UEFI instead of BIOS, and secondly, it says 'Outdated' next to the 'BIOS', which i believe is a bad thing? Even tho google tells me that i don't...
  7. UEFI/BIOS Virus?

UEFI/BIOS Virus?: I have recently bought a new PC. Initially the W10 version was 1909 but very soon after purchase it was upgraded to 2004. One of the first things I did was to create a recovery USB memory stick. This was prior to me knowing how to access the PC's BIOS/UEFI although I had...
  8. Amercan Megatrends UEFI Bios X592UAR.306 setup utility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Amercan Megatrends UEFI Bios X592UAR.306 setup utility: I have a new ASUS Vivobook 64 bit laptop running the latest edition of a preinstalled 64 bit Win 10 Home. In my UEFI Bios the feature "CSM Support" is greyed out. Also the usual feature "Secure Boot" on the SECURITY tab does not exist. I have used WinToUSB to put a...
  9. BIOS and UEFI issue

BIOS and UEFI issue: I have a brand new Asus K555 laptop running core i5 5th gen. But though it is new, it seems to be running BIOS. It is old fashioned cursor less one. But it supports secure boot, GPT disk and it boots in CSM mode. So I think I can install UEFI. Please advise. Thank you 38752
  10. UEFI vs BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI vs BIOS: My computer has UEFI installed but when I go to the BIOS I see an old fashioned BIOS. I thought UEFI was supposed to replace the BIOS. Can someone explain? 81410