Windows 10: Bios - uefi system configuration

Discus and support Bios - uefi system configuration in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't open system configuration after getting into bios management. There seems to be no option of system configuration or of action keys. It only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnirvanZP, Aug 1, 2022.

1. AnirvanZP Win User

Bios - uefi system configuration

I can't open system configuration after getting into bios management. There seems to be no option of system configuration or of action keys. It only shows system information and option to run some tests.My purpose to get in bios is to disable the Fn key .Please use the screenshots attached below to check my problem and help me out.

:)

AnirvanZP, Aug 1, 2022

2. Configuring BIOS in readiness for a switch to UEFI

Hi. I'm thinking of doing a clean install using UEFI. I've only ever had BIOS before and a snap of it is attached. In the section called Boot Device Control, it seems logical that I would set it to 'UEFI only' but perhaps there's a reason to choose 'UEFI and Legacy OPROM' – which would you suggest?

Also, because my Media Creation Tool is on a USB stick, I presume I have to configure the section called Boot from Storage Devices? If so, is it 'UEFI driver first' or the 'dual' option?

Many thanks.

Bios - uefi system configuration [​IMG]

dortmunder, Aug 1, 2022
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Aug 1, 2022
  4. Bios - uefi system configuration

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Aug 1, 2022
Thema:

Bios - uefi system configuration

1. Bios - uefi system configuration - Similar Threads - Bios uefi system

2. Bios - uefi system configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bios - uefi system configuration: I can't open system configuration after getting into bios management. There seems to be no option of system configuration or of action keys. It only shows system information and option to run some tests.My purpose to get in bios is to disable the Fn key .Please use the...
  3. Bios - uefi system configuration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bios - uefi system configuration: I can't open system configuration after getting into bios management. There seems to be no option of system configuration or of action keys. It only shows system information and option to run some tests.My purpose to get in bios is to disable the Fn key .Please use the...
  4. UEFI vs BIOS: What is the difference between BIOS and UEFI?

in Windows 10 News
    UEFI vs BIOS: What is the difference between BIOS and UEFI?: [ATTACH]Is UEFI better or should you use BIOS? Anyone who is interested in understanding how their personal computers work will find this guide to be helpful. We explain the difference between BIOS (Basic Input-Output System) & UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) in...
  5. BIOS Configuration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS Configuration: Hello,I had asked a question, two days ago, and there has been no reply. Please reply, its frustrating without one, even if its some wild guess, or a method you are unsure of, please.Thank you...
  6. UEFI/BIOS Virus?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI/BIOS Virus?: I have recently bought a new PC. Initially the W10 version was 1909 but very soon after purchase it was upgraded to 2004. One of the first things I did was to create a recovery USB memory stick. This was prior to me knowing how to access the PC's BIOS/UEFI although I had...
  7. UEFI BIOS configuration issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UEFI BIOS configuration issue: So recently, I have downloaded a .exe file and after both running it and restarting my pc, I lost both keyboard and mouse functionality. This was in UEFI with safe boot on, and when I switched to safe boot off, my pc worked again. I am curious, is there a way to fix the...
  8. BIOS / UEFI setup

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS / UEFI setup: Hi, I have several Dell E6410's here with latest Win 10 1803 update and A17 BIOS. All ok apart from one machine which the power light stays on at shutdown. This particular machine happens to be set up with the boot option set to UEFI whereas the others use Legacy. So I...
  9. System image restore failed, BIOS/UEFI

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System image restore failed, BIOS/UEFI: I'm trying to restore my system to its previous state with a system image that I created in Windows 10. The system image is on an external hard drive. When I boot into my Windows installation flash drive, which I used to install the operating system, I get an error. It says,...
  10. Configuring BIOS in readiness for a switch to UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Configuring BIOS in readiness for a switch to UEFI: Hi. I'm thinking of doing a clean install using UEFI. I've only ever had BIOS before and a snap of it is attached. In the section called Boot Device Control, it seems logical that I would set it to 'UEFI only' but perhaps there's a reason to choose 'UEFI and Legacy OPROM' –...