Windows 10: BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings

Discus and support BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday I updated my BIOS and everything is working fine. Now do I need to reset the BIOS settings or I leave it as it is? I read somewhere that it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Edward, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Edward Win User

BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings

Yesterday I updated my BIOS and everything is working fine. Now do I need to reset the BIOS settings or I leave it as it is? I read somewhere that it's good to reset the bios settings after you do a BIOS update . What should I do, thanks.

:)

Edward, Aug 1, 2019

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Aug 1, 2019
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Aug 1, 2019
  4. BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings

Bios settings

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to switch from IDE to ACHL and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +
      R
      from the Keyboard.
    • Type regedit and hit
      Enter
    • Browse to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\msahci\
    • Change the DWord value named "Start" from "3" (IDE) to "0" (AHCL)
    • Shutdown the computer.
    • Power the computer back on, making sure to enter the BIOS and change the SATA Operation to AHCL.
    • Save the change.
    Registry Disclaimer:

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry
    if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 1, 2019
Thema:

BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings

1. BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings - Similar Threads - BIOS Update reset

2. BIOS setting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BIOS setting: Bios Settings Security Strong password Question: Does the strong password option support all system wide password options in use of any and all of any of the keyboard numbers in upper case. !, @, #, $, %, ^, &, *, , . And any of the non letter keyboard characters, ~ ,...
  3. Guidance regarding resetting BIOS/UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Guidance regarding resetting BIOS/UEFI settings: Supermicro MB (C7Q67), 8GB Ram, I7 2600 CPU, 1 SSD, 2 2TB HDDs, Windows 2004. I'm looking for recommendations on what to do about the BIOS settings regarding the boot option entries listed in my 3 boot options lists under the Boot tab. All three boot options contain a list of...
  4. BIOS reset setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIOS reset setting: Hello, I recently gave my brother my laptop for like 2 years and he changed a lot of things in the BIOS and I don't feel comfortable with them and I want to go back but I don't remember which were the default settings (the laptop is a HP 14-r203ns) so I wonder if it were like...
  5. BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings: Yesterday I updated my BIOS and everything is working fine. Now do I need to reset the BIOS settings or I leave it at it is? I read somewhere that it's good to reset the bios settings after you do a BIOS update . What should I do, thanks. 137701
  6. Unknown BIOS error causing BIOS resets.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown BIOS error causing BIOS resets.: I am not sure which forum to post this problem so hope a mod can move it if needed. Not experienced in these matters and do not wish to brick my PC. When I start up the PC the BIOS starts and then the screen shows to Enter F1 to enter setup. The BOIS shows as notify on fault...
  7. BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BIOS settings: How do I configure BIOS settings on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-settings/ddd53601-5bcb-4091-9192-c2b28f89ca67"
  8. Bios settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bios settings: how do I get Bios settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-settings/9d880677-8843-456f-982a-6ce12af55769
  9. KB4462919 Windows update reset bios settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4462919 Windows update reset bios settings: Hello, After windows update KB4462919 was installed automatically, all my bios settings were reset. I haven't the bios password, and i can't change bios settings. Any solution to this critical issue? Thanks, Mordehai...
  10. A few questions about resetting the BIOS settings.

in Windows 10 Support
    A few questions about resetting the BIOS settings.: Hey, What is the proper way to short the CMOS jumper on a laptop motherboard if I don't have that thing that goes on it? Also, when doing a BIOS recovery (this laptop's keyboard is broken and I can't use the Fn key) can I use an external normal-sized mechanical keyboard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msi update bios resets bios