Windows 10: BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop

Discus and support BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My father has an HP Pavilion 23 b244 All in One Desktop, how I updated the BIOS many times, restarted computer after erased flash without finishing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SASWATA MISHRA, Jul 21, 2022.

1. BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop

My father has an HP Pavilion 23 b244 All in One Desktop, how I updated the BIOS many times, restarted computer after erased flash without finishing. Now when I tried to contact a technician then he said no motherboard is there. Second off, I tried to buy HP Pavilion Motherboard, which is from U.S.A, or expensive or out of stock. Can I change motherboard to MSI, Zebronics or what to do next how to repair HP All In One Desktop? Or I have to contact HP repair and they will return? I am very sad ! And after that, when myfathers desktop will repair it came as Windows 8. I want to install Windows

:)

SASWATA MISHRA, Jul 21, 2022
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jul 21, 2022
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Potential to update bios based off manufacturer vs supplier

You should not be able to cross flash an HP Bios. HP Bios routine does a self check.

I strongly agree that the power supply maybe not having adequate power. HP builds to the lowest common denominator.

jsfitz54, Jul 21, 2022
  4. Ghot Win User

BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop

PC bricks after Bios Update

Look in your manual. There's also a motherboard "jumper" that you can use to reset the BIOS to defaults.

Btw... This looks like the easiest way to Flash your BIOS... you don't have to do step 1, it's already done.

BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop [​IMG]

Here is the location of the jumper: JBAT 1 You should just be able to short the jumper, and wait about 1-2 minutes, to set the BIOS to defaults.

When resetting the BIOS turn the comp OFF, and the switch on the power supply, OFF. Leave the power supply plugged in. Hold the case power switch IN for about 4 seconds to discharge things like capacitors.
    Then short the jumper or remove the battery.

The other two methods. If you don't have the manual...

Thema:

BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop

1. BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop - Similar Threads - BIOS update bricked

2. my desktop samsung all in one is stuck in BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my desktop samsung all in one is stuck in BIOS: it displayed a message that there was a problem with the cmos Battery so i had it changed but it still won’t turn on and is stuck on BIOS won’t start at all...
  3. my desktop samsung all in one is stuck in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my desktop samsung all in one is stuck in BIOS: it displayed a message that there was a problem with the cmos Battery so i had it changed but it still won’t turn on and is stuck on BIOS won’t start at all...
  4. my desktop samsung all in one is stuck in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop: My father has an HP Pavilion 23 b244 All in One Desktop, how I updated the BIOS many times, restarted computer after erased flash without finishing. Now when I tried to contact a technician then he said no motherboard is there. Second off, I tried to buy HP Pavilion...
  6. BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop

BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop: My father has an HP Pavilion 23 b244 All in One Desktop, how I updated the BIOS many times, restarted computer after erased flash without finishing. Now when I tried to contact a technician then he said no motherboard is there. Second off, I tried to buy HP Pavilion...
  7. My HP all in one desktop is rejecting my passwords.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My HP all in one desktop is rejecting my passwords.: so lately I took out my old desktop for school and work but ever since I updated it to the Windows 10 pro 20H2, it has stopped accepting my password, I've tried All my passwords, I started with my desktops usual password, but that wrong for some reason, and it was saying...
  8. Hp All In One Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hp All In One Desktop: My desktop screen is stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair and won't do anything else https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-all-in-one-desktop/dcbebc8b-8157-4c1b-b69f-2567e27f26ea
  9. HP all in one desktop ,not staying signed in?

HP all in one desktop ,not staying signed in?: I have checked power and sleep etc. restarted, recovery, ran security, ran HP diagnostics. Its like it has its own mind? Ex. letting me stay on now! maybe it decided I'm okay now?...
  10. Hp All-in-One Desktop Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hp All-in-One Desktop Camera: My new desktop camera HP TRUVISION HD CAMERA does not take clear photos. How do I correct this? Thanks You. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-all-in-one-desktop-camera/0dc1ddd4-6886-4498-be2f-8ba97c80c05d