Windows 10: BIOS Update issue/windows not starting

Discus and support BIOS Update issue/windows not starting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have never had this issue before. I updated my Crosshair VI Hero (non-wifi) board to the 7501 bios, and it bricked the machine. Told me that there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Murphcid, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Murphcid Win User

BIOS Update issue/windows not starting

I have never had this issue before. I updated my Crosshair VI Hero (non-wifi) board to the 7501 bios, and it bricked the machine. Told me that there was no operating system installed. Then after eight attempts at rebooting, Windows would crash at the start screen. Now after a dozen reboot attempts, it "seems" to be stable. This is really odd. Anyone else have issues where BIOS claims there is no o/s installed, and you when you attempt to reboot, the computer just shuts down?

Not sure where to post this, please feel free to move it as needed.

:)

Murphcid, Oct 21, 2019
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Oct 21, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 21, 2019
  4. BIOS Update issue/windows not starting

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

BIOS Update issue/windows not starting

1. BIOS Update issue/windows not starting - Similar Threads - BIOS Update issue

2. BIOS update issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS update issues: Hi there, when I enter the BIOS to update the BIOS for my 2013 Asus X550CA laptop that runs Windows 10 version 22H2, but then the "Start Easy Flash" is grayed out and I have no idea how did this happened until I realized that I was entered to BIOS as User and enter to BIOS as...
  3. BIOS update issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS update issues: Hi there, when I enter the BIOS to update the BIOS for my 2013 Asus X550CA laptop that runs Windows 10 version 22H2, but then the "Start Easy Flash" is grayed out and I have no idea how did this happened until I realized that I was entered to BIOS as User and enter to BIOS as...
  4. BIOS update issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bios issues at start up since windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios issues at start up since windows 11 update: I have a victus 16.1. I’ve been having issues at start up with the BIOs and issues with any pop up menus glitching to the point of being unusable. Are there any solutions to this?...
  6. Bios issues at start up since windows 11 update

Bios issues at start up since windows 11 update: I have a victus 16.1. I’ve been having issues at start up with the BIOs and issues with any pop up menus glitching to the point of being unusable. Are there any solutions to this?...
  7. BIOS Update Executable Won't Start Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS Update Executable Won't Start Update: I recently had to reinstall Windows via the recovery Reset PC option to resolve a WinSec LSA bug, but now I'm getting a WinSec "Standard hardware security not supported" warning. I verified that I have Secure Boot and Virtualization enabled, but my current BIOS version is...
  8. BIOS Update Executable Won't Start Update

BIOS Update Executable Won't Start Update: I recently had to reinstall Windows via the recovery Reset PC option to resolve a WinSec LSA bug, but now I'm getting a WinSec "Standard hardware security not supported" warning. I verified that I have Secure Boot and Virtualization enabled, but my current BIOS version is...
  9. Activation issue after updating BIOS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation issue after updating BIOS: Had a BIOS update for a dual BIOS single CPU equipped motherboard, no biggie - The Master I kept as the original 16xx and I updated the Slave now 3006, but now, no matter what BIOS I boot from, Windows refuses to activate even though I've been using the exact same hardware in...
  10. Bios update issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bios update issue: Hi guys ,I have aproblem with my hp notebook . When I push the power button ,it does not boot. Instead the caps lock button blinks 2 times . I searched hp support site for this problem and found that this indicates bios update issue . I tried to update it automatically from...